Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Forward Three on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:
Forward Three wrote:It was kind of funny how JVG and Breen were talking about how Lebron was riled up and 'still competing' and 'not giving up yet', when... Lebron passed up almost every shot opportunity he had in the clutch, didn't sprint up the floor when the clock was winding down and all together seemed to mostly lose interest in the game after he got the flagrant call. He had that one And-1 that was pretty sweet but he went limp otherwise.

AS IS NORMAL FOR LEBRON WHEN HE DOESN'T GET WHAT HE WANTS.

come on kobe is the same way.
didnt kobe leave the floor with 4 seconds left b4 half time vs the warriors? :freak2:

One of the dumbest things I've ever read on this site.
Forward Three

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 am

Got to admire this Bulls team ... play so hard while being depleted by injuries for two seasons ... their intensity on D is a beautiful thing to watch ....
wcsoldier81

Postby ramsay13 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:10 pm

And the hack a dj continues -.-
ramsay13

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Chris Paul is so pathetic. 2.2 seconds left, down 2, ball in his hands, launches himself at Parker hopelessly trying to draw a foul. No call (there was no foul at all), lost the game.
Pathetic. Win your game with your talent as a basketball player, not playing officials cheating yourself to the line!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:47 am

Floppers last 7 games against SAS, OKC, Memphis , Denver and Miami : 0-7

They sure look like a real contender
wcsoldier81

Postby ZenMaster4President on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:22 am

Yeah. There was one point in the game where CFloppio was guarding Parker and got called for a foul on Parker's slight exaggeration. He then turned with his back to the action and threw his arms in the air as if to say "Wow. They bought this flop and I didn't do anything". And I thought "How do you have the nerve, you little flopping punk?"

Never been more content with us not getting his punk arse.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby thkthebest on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:12 pm

Chris Paul has always been like that. Flopping and whining.

Anyway, Duncan's just too good. Dirk's been quietly having a great season too...post all-star break.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Finwë wrote:Chris Paul is so pathetic. 2.2 seconds left, down 2, ball in his hands, launches himself at Parker hopelessly trying to draw a foul. No call (there was no foul at all), lost the game.
Pathetic. Win your game with your talent as a basketball player, not playing officials cheating yourself to the line!

Dude, i do NOT like the CLippers at all and I think they're a bunch of whiny flopping idiots....but that was FOR SURE a foul on Parker!!! THey literally called the same exact foul on willie green the play before when Duncan got the and one on that jumper!!! And also, Parker fouled Cp3 before the Clippers in bounded...and SOMEHOW, the Clippers were only awared ONE free throw and possession....the rules state if a player is fouled before the ball is in bounded, he receives TWO shots and possession. Refs definitely screwed the Clippers in this game...and Cp3 was DEFINITELY fouled on that last play. Please take the hater glasses off man...I hate the Clippers too but I can watch a game objectively.
FabFourLakers

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Lol, it wasn't a foul, and the one on Green in Duncan's and-1 was completely different...
Duncan pump-faked Green, he jumped, Duncan drew the contact and made the shot. On the last play, Parker was STANDING with his arms up, DID NOT jump, and Paul threw himself on to him trying to draw contact.

Get real. I don't know what you were watching, but CP3 was DEFINITELY NOT fouled on that last play. I'm objective and don't have any "hater glasses" on..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Of course the paperclips are getting abused by Hou. The Jazz and Nets are in a battle. GSW hasn't started yet.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:58 am

FabFourLakers wrote:
Finwë wrote:Chris Paul is so pathetic. 2.2 seconds left, down 2, ball in his hands, launches himself at Parker hopelessly trying to draw a foul. No call (there was no foul at all), lost the game.

Dude, i do NOT like the CLippers at all and I think they're a bunch of whiny flopping idiots....but that was FOR SURE a foul on Parker!!! THey literally called the same exact foul on willie green the play before when Duncan got the and one on that jumper!!! And also, Parker fouled Cp3 before the Clippers in bounded...and SOMEHOW, the Clippers were only awared ONE free throw and possession....the rules state if a player is fouled before the ball is in bounded, he receives TWO shots and possession. Refs definitely screwed the Clippers in this game...and Cp3 was DEFINITELY fouled on that last play. Please take the hater glasses off man...I hate the Clippers too but I can watch a game objectively.

What are you talking about ? It's one "technical" shot + possession
wcsoldier81

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Heat-Spurs today. The Spurs have a small lead in the second quarter. NBA Finals preview?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:13 pm

What a horrible call against the Spurs. To get MIA within 1. 32 seconds left spurs ball.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:14 pm

And Chris Bosh hits a 3 with 1.1 left to take the lead after Timmy D bricks
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:16 pm

Spurs lost to a Miami team without Bron, Wade or Chalmers. By the way what happened to Bron and Wade.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:18 pm

They are probably resting. Wade might be hurt, I don't know.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:25 pm

They said LeBron, Wade and Chalmers were all hurt. A lot of speculation on twitter about wheter it had to do with the previous SAS-Heat game where Pop rested the big 3..

Didn't watch the game, surprised the Spurs couldn't pull ahead. They were without Ginobili, but other than that they should've found a way to handle Miami with some ease..

This just adds to the fact that Miami is a very complete and deep team, with a lot of weapons, and it's success is not just due to one or two players' abilities. They can be elite defensively even without some of their stars playing, and they have a lot of offensive firepower in their bench..
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Miami won against the best in the West without their big 3 in the lineup and one of their best shooters. So it gets irritating when people say Miami isn't a deep team when they are. And people act like Bosh is some kind of tag along, no he use to be the star player on the Raptors he can still be an option late in the game or throughout the game. Miami may win it all this year AGAIN, REPEAT!!! :man6:
Jazzygirl205

Postby XXIV on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:08 pm

Miami has a very good chance to win it all again. I don't think it'll be as easy as some people think, but I have Miami winning it all right now.
XXIV

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:06 am

Miami is repeating without a doubt barring a big 3 injury... well at least the West playoffs are going to be fun.

I don't think the Heat B team winning at SAS is that shocking though as the SAS B team lost on the last shot at Miami ...

These are perfect trap games .... the team playing with its full roster is relaxing a lot , SAS got caught that's all
wcsoldier81

Postby kenzo on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:22 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Miami won against the best in the West without their big 3 in the lineup and one of their best shooters. So it gets irritating when people say Miami isn't a deep team when they are. And people act like Bosh is some kind of tag along, no he use to be the star player on the Raptors he can still be an option late in the game or throughout the game. Miami may win it all this year AGAIN, REPEAT!!! :man6:

May win it? :man3: The trophy is already engraved :man6:
kenzo

Postby abeer3 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:47 am

i think i've said it elsewhere, but miami's (more specifically, lebron's) total dominance has made me feel better about the lakers' ineptitude this year. even if things had worked out, they weren't going to beat those guys. not this year. just gotta hope another year on the legs of allen, haslem, battier, and wade will take them down a notch next season.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 am

It's been about health. Whens the last time Wade has been this successful physically? When he's alright and Bosh is alright, they're not going to lose many games. Meanwhile we haven't had more than 1 game when our team is completely healthy. Even if we had a CHANCE it was dashed in Portland at the start of the season.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:37 am

This was definitely a Spoelstra move for Pop resting the starters @ MIA. They might be anticipating a battle in the finals. Now that neither team has seen the other at full force, it's a teeny bit harder to prepare. To me, this gives SAS the edge because Pop is master coach and is great at adjusting.

That being said, he definitely should have called a TO yesterday to get his defense set. That being said, who thought Bosh would hit a 3. That being said, MIA was only down 1. That being said, the phantom foul on Leonard was a complete f****** joke. That being said, MIA will probably repeat again.
Chillbongo

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:

What are you talking about ? It's one "technical" shot + possession

To my knowledge, its 2 shots and the ball? I've DEFINITELY seen players get two shots and the ball if they're fouled before the ball is inbounded....clippers announcers also said it should be 2 shots and the ball according to the rules...unless they changed the rule.

Finwe, you're SERIOUSLY tripping if you think that wasn't a foul...Was Cp3 NOT hit at ALL by Parker on that shot? Cuz if you think he wasn't hit, then you're blind bro. Stop the blatant hate on the Clippers....they're not winning anything this year anyways, but come on now. 2 straight games they got screwed on last second plays (clearly NOT an offensive foul on BG on that 0.4 lob attempt)...but hey, I guess they deserve it since they flop so much...that much we can at least agree on.
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion