Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:04 pm

gcclaker wrote:^^Divison leaders get higher seeds if I am correct BUT if their opponent in the opening round has a better record like in the case of Memphis then the Grizzlies have home court.

Yeah it's really pointless for the NBA to guarantee the division winners a top-4 seed if they aren't going to get HCA against a lower-seeded team.
GoldHammish

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:11 pm

It would be a huge help if the division winner is a 6th seeded team.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Forward Three on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:57 pm

It's weird to think that 50 is Carmelo's career best and he's only matched it once, and that most recent effort was against the superfriend's b-team. Really puts into perspective how exceptional even 40 points in a game is for most players. But especially with Anthony who has the reputation as being one of the best 'pure scorers' in the league. But other than his 33-point quarter(which is epic, without a doubt) as well as some late-game heroics and just general hot streaks he gets. It kind of seems like hot air. Also puts into perspective just how ludicrous some of Kobe's scoring feats have really been. The consensus is that Durant is the most liable to be the guy to take the scoring mantel into the future and be the guy who will drop 60 or more but maybe not. Maybe it just really is that hard to do as well the game has changed enough that those types of scoring outputs are less necessary.

Was interesting to hear the Hawk's crowd oo'ing and aah'ing for Melo to shoot near the end of that game tonight though. Fans still love huge scoring efforts.
Forward Three

Postby 24/23goats on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Forward Three wrote:It's weird to think that 50 is Carmelo's career best and he's only matched it once, and that most recent effort was against the superfriend's b-team. Really puts into perspective how exceptional even 40 points in a game is for most players. But especially with Anthony who has the reputation as being one of the best 'pure scorers' in the league. But other than his 33-point quarter(which is epic, without a doubt) as well as some late-game heroics and just general hot streaks he gets. It kind of seems like hot air. Also puts into perspective just how ludicrous some of Kobe's scoring feats have really been. The consensus is that Durant is the most liable to be the guy to take the scoring mantel into the future and be the guy who will drop 60 or more but maybe not. Maybe it just really is that hard to do as well the game has changed enough that those types of scoring outputs are less necessary.

Was interesting to hear the Hawk's crowd oo'ing and aah'ing for Melo to shoot near the end of that game tonight though. Fans still love huge scoring efforts.

no one really shoots as much as kobe though. Not a knock on kobe because hes earned the right to shoot when he wants but I think if melo or durant shot as many shots then they would have more 50/60+ pt games. If westbrook wasnt shooting at every chance he gets then I could see durant looking alot more like kobe.

Kobes scoring records are amazing though none the less
24/23goats

Postby noobiew on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:58 am

Lamar Odom and Matt Barnes for being the peace keeper.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby karacha on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:07 pm

Gallinari looks done. It's the knee.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 am

Looks like Heat and Thunder are the only two teams which can stay healthy for since the 2011-2012 season ..
wcsoldier81

Postby c.Lin on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:06 am

I don't really care for Westbrook. In fact, I kind of dislike him. But it's pretty amazing that he's stayed healthy and hasn't missed a single game in his career so far, given that he's such an aggressive player.
c.Lin

Postby abeer3 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:20 am

JO's bizarre and unnecessary goaltend FTL in houston has implications for the lakers, imo. had houston lost that game, it widens the gap between them and gs, perhaps giving both teams less incentive to go all out in their games against la. instead, they're probably going to be in a dogfight for 6th (aka the right to avoid sa/okc and play an injured and imminently upsettable nuggets team) until the final day of the season.
abeer3

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:49 am

abeer3 wrote:JO's bizarre and unnecessary goaltend FTL in houston has implications for the lakers, imo. had houston lost that game, it widens the gap between them and gs, perhaps giving both teams less incentive to go all out in their games against la. instead, they're probably going to be in a dogfight for 6th (aka the right to avoid sa/okc and play an injured and imminently upsettable nuggets team) until the final day of the season.

I have never seen anything like that....It really ticked me off to see a game end liek that....a game that PHX had in the bag....woulda really hlped us out had they won. Ugh. ANd I don't even know if that was Goaltending?
FabFourLakers

Postby dj vitus on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 pm

Lol, Spurs start the game 14-0 and then practically gave up. Oh well, that Denver air is a dandy.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby dj vitus on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:49 pm

noobiew wrote:

Lamar Odom and Matt Barnes for being the peace keeper.

I'm surprised JO didn't smack the ish out of Hollins. Ain't nobody putting a choke hold on my teammate. And to do that for that long? :mad1:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Weezy on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Man, these Bulls, streak busters. Imagine if they had Rose, dangerous.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Nate Robinson is just SO annoying. But he's playing well for the Bulls, can't deny that
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Finwë wrote:Nate Robinson is just SO annoying. But he's playing well for the Bulls, can't deny that

He can come be annoying on this team. We need someone to come off the bench on the perimeter like him and just get buckets and go sit back down.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Weezy wrote:Man, these Bulls, streak busters. Imagine if they had Rose, dangerous.

they seem to play better, especially defensively, without him from what I have seen.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Bulls are playing tough D regardless of the countless injuries they have had for two seasons ...

The main weakness of Thibs imo is he's wearing his guys down by playing them so many minutes ( mainly Noah and Deng) ... tough to stay healthy by playing 40+ with this kind of intensity on D
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Finwë wrote:Nate Robinson is just SO annoying. But he's playing well for the Bulls, can't deny that

He can come be annoying on this team. We need someone to come off the bench on the perimeter like him and just get buckets and go sit back down.

Exactly ... I'm not sure Nate with the green light giver MDA would have resulted in good things though ...

He knows he's going out if he's playing dumb with Thibs
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Anyone want to talk about how the Thunder are playing really well right now?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:10 am

^nope.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:12 am

:man10:... OKC is on a good streak ... Westbrook play has been impressive lately

However their record against the top teams since March hasn't been good at all 3-6 against Denver , Floppers , SAS, Grizz and Knicks ( one pt win against a Melo less NY ) ... and being routed by Heat at home just before the ASG ...

I know it sounds cliche but they really are going to miss Harden playmaking and abilities to get to the line ( mostly on phantom calls) in the playoffs ...

The West playoffs are a tough read right now ... OKC HCA is a big plus but I'm not convinced from what I've seen in their "big" games ... they definetely won't beat the Heat this season if both meet again in the Finals
wcsoldier81

Postby kenzo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:31 am

^ the refs will "transfer" all this BS calls Harden used to get on Durant... no worries :bang:
kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:53 am

Oh sure KD is still getting his superstar calls ... fact is OKC is averaging more FTs a game than last season

but Martin game is just different than Harden one ... he can't take pressure off KD/Westbrook and playmake like Harden was... plus he's worse than Harden defensively so OKC may have to go with Thabo down the stretch in some situations
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:06 am

I know everyone expects the Thunder to walk on LA if/when they meet in the first round...

I can see us making it a series if we play the way we've been doing. Slow the game down. Move the ball through Kobe/Pau at the high post. Allow Dwight to make up for the defensive side of the ball. Team rebound.

We can win 2-3 games that way against them, especially in LA.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 am

therealdeal wrote:I know everyone expects the Thunder to walk on LA if/when they meet in the first round...

I can see us making it a series if we play the way we've been doing. Slow the game down. Move the ball through Kobe/Pau at the high post. Allow Dwight to make up for the defensive side of the ball. Team rebound.

We can win 2-3 games that way against them, especially in LA.

If Thunder start raining 3s on us...it's over. However, a lot of ppl are counting out the Lakers if they face OKC, and rightfully so...it definitely brings back memories of the Dallas/Lakers series in 2011....almost everybody had Lakers winning that series (we had HCA and Dallas just wasn't that good against us all year)...and we ended up getting swept. Not that we're gonna sweep the Thunder if we win....but all I'm saying is, stranger things have happened...

It really depends on how we finish the season though. If we have 3 convincing wins against these 3 playoff teams, I'll feel good about facing anyone in the playoffs.
FabFourLakers

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion