Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 am

Rasheed ejected in record time today. 1 minute 25 seconds.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Rasheed ejected in record time today. 1 minute 25 seconds.

Let me guess, he got a T for complaining about a call and then received his second one for complaining again?
XXIV

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:20 pm

XXIV wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Rasheed ejected in record time today. 1 minute 25 seconds.

Let me guess, he got a T for complaining about a call and then received his second one for complaining again?

T for arguing, second T for saying,"Ball don't Lie", when Dragic missed a FT. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby XXIV on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:21 pm

What he got a T for saying that? That's a legendary saying which should never result in a penalty. :bang:
XXIV

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:40 pm

hilarious, anyone have it on video?
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby kenzo on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:20 pm

kenzo

Postby dj vitus on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am

grego wrote:
dj vitus wrote:
grego wrote:
thkthebest wrote:I'm not sure why Popovich didn't rest his players before the nationally televised game, but he has ALWAYS done that. He always rested his players on the second of a back-to-back.

Because their next game is against the Grizz tomorrow. By giving them a day off yesterday (and they are back at home), they have until Saturday evening to play in San Antonio. They don't have to arrive back from a late airplane trip and got to sleep in their beds while utilizing the SA practice facility/extended training staff.

The Grizz is an equally important game, even more so since it's a Conference/Divisional game.

I'm not a fan of late-night airplane flights, but in this case, Orlando is just an hour out of Miami, plus they had a day off before playing Memphis.

I don't advocate the huge fine, but it seems strange Pop would sit them out of a potential Finals preview instead of putting his best foot forward and figuring out good match-ups? Maybe play his starters half their minutes against Orlando? Well, they are 13-3, so I guess they could coast as long as they want.

It's less about Orlando being an hour from Miami and more about the game in Memphis. Yes, they would have a day off, but they still would have to fly and to travel if they took off the first game.

Since Pop gave them the day off, he was able to play Manu 35, Parker and Duncan 40+ minutes tonight against the Grizz. And they won the game. The rest paid off and allowed Pop to possibility to play them big minutes.

The win against the Grizz is afar more important to the Spurs as a team. It's a divisional and conference foe. And more important for tie-breaker purposes.

I much prefer this win over anything against Miami. That said., Pop had confidence in the bench and he wasn't wrong. Spurs bench/depth is at the top of the league.

Pop did the right thing. And if it was any other team with an older core, I'd say the same thing. last year I said Phil should rest his guys a few games, especially Kobe. And Pau a bit (since he played big minutes while Bynum was out in the early season).

Though I'm liking how D'Antoni is managing our minutes, it's still not enough, as we are older could use a DNP or two, especially for Gasol.

Btw, I'm really digging your wedding photography website. Are you active in any wedding photographer communities of some sort? I'm trying to build my business here after moving from Las Vegas, but the business aspect (learning and applying) is the most difficult part. :freak2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby grego on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 pm

dj vitus wrote:
grego wrote:
dj vitus wrote:
grego wrote:
thkthebest wrote:I'm not sure why Popovich didn't rest his players before the nationally televised game, but he has ALWAYS done that. He always rested his players on the second of a back-to-back.

Because their next game is against the Grizz tomorrow. By giving them a day off yesterday (and they are back at home), they have until Saturday evening to play in San Antonio. They don't have to arrive back from a late airplane trip and got to sleep in their beds while utilizing the SA practice facility/extended training staff.

The Grizz is an equally important game, even more so since it's a Conference/Divisional game.

I'm not a fan of late-night airplane flights, but in this case, Orlando is just an hour out of Miami, plus they had a day off before playing Memphis.

I don't advocate the huge fine, but it seems strange Pop would sit them out of a potential Finals preview instead of putting his best foot forward and figuring out good match-ups? Maybe play his starters half their minutes against Orlando? Well, they are 13-3, so I guess they could coast as long as they want.

It's less about Orlando being an hour from Miami and more about the game in Memphis. Yes, they would have a day off, but they still would have to fly and to travel if they took off the first game.

Since Pop gave them the day off, he was able to play Manu 35, Parker and Duncan 40+ minutes tonight against the Grizz. And they won the game. The rest paid off and allowed Pop to possibility to play them big minutes.

The win against the Grizz is afar more important to the Spurs as a team. It's a divisional and conference foe. And more important for tie-breaker purposes.

I much prefer this win over anything against Miami. That said., Pop had confidence in the bench and he wasn't wrong. Spurs bench/depth is at the top of the league.

Pop did the right thing. And if it was any other team with an older core, I'd say the same thing. last year I said Phil should rest his guys a few games, especially Kobe. And Pau a bit (since he played big minutes while Bynum was out in the early season).

Though I'm liking how D'Antoni is managing our minutes, it's still not enough, as we are older could use a DNP or two, especially for Gasol.

Btw, I'm really digging your wedding photography website. Are you active in any wedding photographer communities of some sort? I'm trying to build my business here after moving from Las Vegas, but the business aspect (learning and applying) is the most difficult part. :freak2:

I think D'Antoni should have went with Pau down the stretch. Hack-a-Howard was killing the rhythm and he was bricking. It's not like the Lakers D was great down the stretch either.

As for photography, PM me. I'll be happy to talk about it/answer questions. I worked with a friend but he does it full time. I do it on and off. And thanks!
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby dj vitus on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
dj vitus wrote:
grego wrote:It's less about Orlando being an hour from Miami and more about the game in Memphis. Yes, they would have a day off, but they still would have to fly and to travel if they took off the first game.

Though I'm liking how D'Antoni is managing our minutes

You like Jordan Hill getting a DNP and Duhon playing 30 minutes? :man10:

By giving our starters plenty of rest in some games, and not playing them too much in others. Nice try, though. :man12:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Anderson Varejao is averaging more points and rebounds than Odom and Gasol combined. This is effin crazy

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Remember when we all laughed at the prospect of trading Gasol for Anderson Varejao? Yeah....about that..... :bang:
FabFourLakers

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Looky looky Varejao getting some love. :man9:

Varejao/Boobie/CJ Miles in the purple and gold would be awesome.
Doc Brown

Postby ramsay13 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Intense game for the clippers tonight. right down to the wire.
ramsay13

Postby XXIV on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Clippers came back to win the game. :bang:
XXIV

Postby Frank Dux on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Dunk of the year candidate:

Not bad for a white guy.
Frank Dux

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 am

huge flop by Billups

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:10 am

That's just pathetic, hate the Clippers and what they stand for....

But it's funny that it came on Mo Williams, no so cool when you're on the other side of it.

That's so apparent they need to skip the fines and go with a 5 game suspension. That s*** ruins the game. :mad1:
Doc Brown

Postby kenzo on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:21 am

LOL. Looks like Billups didn't miss a bit... once a flopper, always a flopper :freak2:
kenzo

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:16 pm

The league better give him a warning, he'll officially be considered a flopper.
XXIV

Postby abeer3 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:18 pm

billups has done this forever. he won at least three games that way in denver, iirc. hollinger had a good zinger on that one: i'm sure utah will feel much better when the league warns billups about flopping.

this is why the new rule is silly. if you're chauncey, what about this situation makes you change your behavior next time? your team won the game largely due to your flop. you're going to flop again, fines be damned.
abeer3

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:50 pm

I know billups is a flopper, always has been....but I honestly don't really see an OBVIOUS flop in that video. Like I've seen some BLATANT flops from him before, and I didn't really see anything that resembled his blatant flailing that he would do in the past....I mean it was a bad call...but I wouldn't say it was called because he flopped....it was called because he fell down. Just an observation.
FabFourLakers

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:27 pm

^And he fell because he was flopping, he wasn't pushed to fall, he chose to. So it is a flop.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:08 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:^And he fell because he was flopping, he wasn't pushed to fall, he chose to. So it is a flop.

I guess...but it wasn't as blatant as some other flops we've seen this year. Meaning I don't think the league gives him a warning on this one.
FabFourLakers

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:50 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
LakerFan1235 wrote:^And he fell because he was flopping, he wasn't pushed to fall, he chose to. So it is a flop.

I guess...but it wasn't as blatant as some other flops we've seen this year. Meaning I don't think the league gives him a warning on this one.

A flop is a flop regardless of it's level, and this one happened late in a really close game. Definitely deserves a warning in my opinion.
XXIV

Postby davriver290 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Wizards ontop of Miami by 2 with ten seconds left.... :man3:
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion