Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 am

Stat of the season

Nets PR Dept. ‏@Nets_PR
#Nets now 32-0 when outscoring opponent this season
Ouvrir Répondre Retweeter Favori


https://twitter.com/Nets_PR
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby LakeShow09 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Damn you OKC... cant even beat Houston :bang: :bang: :mad1:
User avatar
LakeShow09

 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:Damn you OKC... cant even beat Houston :bang: :bang: :mad1:




Tell me about it...first they lose to Utah, now HOU...ugh...this isn't going our way at all.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:47 pm

Kevin Durant is messing up his MVP chances, oh well. OKC is still a very immature team, they haven't matured yet.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby abeer3 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm

who was telling me that the lakers were going to gain ground on houston over this stretch? i said no, and sadly, was right.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Forward Three on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Harden's stat line was insane tonight.
Forward Three

 
Posts: 4595
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby MadMax on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:37 am

Forward Three wrote:Harden's stat line was insane tonight.

Yeah, he had an insane game.
User avatar
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 13896
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 am

The Houston deal is a good thing for us though ... a already bad defensive team now playing with Parsons at the 4...
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:46 am

thkthebest wrote:Harden wasn't a two-way player... and I think his defense might even be worse this season since he's been lazy at it.

He's a great player. Actually, he's an awesome player, but his defense has been below average imo.


two things come to mind watching him this year.... first is that he's playing more minutes and is showing some signs of it. He's compensating by standing on defense. Second, his defensive stance and positioning isn't good to start with. It's definitely a part of his game that needs some work.

In the end I think OKC traded the wrong guard....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23127
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Finwë on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Stat of the season

Nets PR Dept. ‏@Nets_PR
#Nets now 32-0 when outscoring opponent this season
Ouvrir Répondre Retweeter Favori


https://twitter.com/Nets_PR

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:50 am

Rooscooter wrote:
In the end I think OKC traded the wrong guard....


I said this as soon as it happened. Westbrick is the worse thing OKC could of kept.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 31459
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby abeer3 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
In the end I think OKC traded the wrong guard....


I said this as soon as it happened. Westbrick is the worse thing OKC could of kept.


meh, they're in 1st/2nd place, like they were before, and houston's in 8th place (1 spot ahead of where they were before). plus, okc beat them twice with harden looking unimpressive in both outings. i think okc picked the right guy between the two, if only because westbrook is a defender and harden is...absolutely not.

also, harden's giant chokejob in the finals couldn't have helped their opinion of him.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby revgen on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 am

This is probably the most boring trade deadline that I've seen in quite a while. There's still 2 hours left, but so far it looks like a bunch of talk.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21723
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:38 pm

abeer3 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:
In the end I think OKC traded the wrong guard....


I said this as soon as it happened. Westbrick is the worse thing OKC could of kept.


meh, they're in 1st/2nd place, like they were before, and houston's in 8th place (1 spot ahead of where they were before). plus, okc beat them twice with harden looking unimpressive in both outings. i think okc picked the right guy between the two, if only because westbrook is a defender and harden is...absolutely not.

also, harden's giant chokejob in the finals couldn't have helped their opinion of him.


Harden's choke job was no larger than Westbrook's in 3 straight playoffs. Harden looked good in previous years when the pressures on actually.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23127
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby abeer3 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:33 pm

i thought westbrook was one of the only guys that wasn't cowed by miami in that series. i also think westbrook generally gets an unfair rap because a) he's not a likable personality and b) he's the running mate of the league's most likable superstar.

i think he's a better player than harden, and so did the guys who had watched that team day in and day out for the previous three years, apparently.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Lets not make this a westbrook vs harden ordeal...because truthfully, the Thunder made a terrible trade. You don't break up a team that was in the NBA finals together last year. I would have had the Thunder as FAVORITES to win it all this year had they KEPT harden. Yes, he played terribly in the finals last year but there's no way he would have repeated that performance had they gotten there this year....he would have played better....that experience coupled with the olympics made him a much better player. Now OKC will have to wonder what could have been....
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby abeer3 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:25 pm

the argument was whether they should have kept him and shipped westbrook, not whether should have just kept everyone. i choose westbrook. basketball is played on both ends.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10407
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby thebluemamba14 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 pm

The Clippers are getting absolutely demolished :man4: :man10:
User avatar
thebluemamba14

 
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:08 pm

^That shouldn't be a surprise. Pop is a great coach. He designs schemes defensively to take the ball out of Chris Paul's hands or if Chris does decide to drive or shoot, it's a contested, difficult shot. It would be interesting breaking down the tape at looking at the quality of the shots of Parker vs. Paul tonight.

By the way, Parker is the best PG in the NBA.
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:^That shouldn't be a surprise. Pop is a great coach. He designs schemes defensively to take the ball out of Chris Paul's hands or if Chris does decide to drive or shoot, it's a contested, difficult shot. It would be interesting breaking down the tape at looking at the quality of the shots of Parker vs. Paul tonight.

By the way, Parker is the best PG in the NBA.


Easssssssssy there, lol. I wouldn't say he's the best PG just because he got the best of Paul tonight...but he is no doubt playing at a MVP level, and has been for the whole season. Consistently good, I would put him right behind LeBron in the MVP chase.

1.LeBron
2.Parker
3.Durant
4.CP3
User avatar
thisbjgz

 
Posts: 2437
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:03 am
Location: brooklyn, nyc !

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Finwë on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:16 am

Spurs are playing amazing basketball.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 am

thisbjgz wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:^That shouldn't be a surprise. Pop is a great coach. He designs schemes defensively to take the ball out of Chris Paul's hands or if Chris does decide to drive or shoot, it's a contested, difficult shot. It would be interesting breaking down the tape at looking at the quality of the shots of Parker vs. Paul tonight.

By the way, Parker is the best PG in the NBA.


Easssssssssy there, lol. I wouldn't say he's the best PG just because he got the best of Paul tonight...but he is no doubt playing at a MVP level, and has been for the whole season. Consistently good, I would put him right behind LeBron in the MVP chase.

1.LeBron
2.Parker
3.Durant
4.CP3


I don't make statements like that based off of one game. IMO, Parker has had a better season then Chris Paul. Matter of fact, if you look at their whole body of work for their careers, Parker has been better then Paul, IMO.

I still think CP3 is is one of the top 2-3 PG's in the NBA. He just isn't better then Parker.
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 am

Parker is more consistent than any other PG in the league for some seasons ....


1. he's a better fit when it comes to a team concept ... he doesn't hog the ball and dribbles it for 15 seconds between the legs before making a decision ... of course it has something to do with the coach and system too but every player on his team is touching the ball ... not like teammates led by Rondo or CP3

2. he's not hurt every single season like all the others top PGs are ... it happened only one season in his career

3. His work ethic and his desire to win are VERY underrated
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
thisbjgz wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:^That shouldn't be a surprise. Pop is a great coach. He designs schemes defensively to take the ball out of Chris Paul's hands or if Chris does decide to drive or shoot, it's a contested, difficult shot. It would be interesting breaking down the tape at looking at the quality of the shots of Parker vs. Paul tonight.

By the way, Parker is the best PG in the NBA.


Easssssssssy there, lol. I wouldn't say he's the best PG just because he got the best of Paul tonight...but he is no doubt playing at a MVP level, and has been for the whole season. Consistently good, I would put him right behind LeBron in the MVP chase.

1.LeBron
2.Parker
3.Durant
4.CP3


I don't make statements like that based off of one game. IMO, Parker has had a better season then Chris Paul. Matter of fact, if you look at their whole body of work for their careers, Parker has been better then Paul, IMO.

I still think CP3 is is one of the top 2-3 PG's in the NBA. He just isn't better then Parker.


There is no doubt CP3 is a more talented player than TP9 ... but talent isn't everything in this league
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:15 pm

How did KD be placed below Tony Parker on anyone's MVP list? Darn shame dude is having a historic and can't even get a headline every now and then lol.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.