Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Re: Other NBA Games Discussion 2012-2013 Edition

Postby XXIV on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Portland lost. :man11:
XXIV

Postby escobar8 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:22 pm

huge help by the queens...first they won against por and now hou...
escobar8

Postby escobar8 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:30 pm

F u mia...they are getting trashed by port... :bang:
escobar8

Postby Forward Three on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm

This is why I don't think Miami can repeat this year. Yes, they got the W tonight against Portland, but they've let a lot of winnable games slide this year overall as well as just looked surprisingly vulnerable to 'bad'/average teams(yes, including the Lakers). Maybe it's because they are coasting through the regular season and they'll hit 5th gear in the post season, but maybe it's also complacency as well as teams having made adjustments and put a target on their back.
Forward Three

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm

LeBron with another 30 point game, shot 11/15 from the field. I'm really impressed. He made like only 3 shots outside the paint, but still, crazy good numbers. Added 9 assists and only 1 turnover. He's finally taking full advantage of his superior athleticism and build, and combining it with the skills he's been finetuning over the years he's found a great balance and a great way to be effective.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby thkthebest on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:25 pm

LeBron said earlier this season that he's beginning to really understand the importance of each possession. He's trying to take care of the ball, get the best shots, and maximize each possession (kind of a CP3 mentality).
thkthebest

Postby v1n5anity on Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Like I said in the other thread:

So prime LeBron > prime Kobe in everything except scoring.

But since '03, Kobe has had 303 30+ point games...LeBron has 301. At the same time, Kobe has taken 30+ shots since then in 77 games, while LeBron has only done that 27 times. And yes, he gets it done in the clutch now too. So how exactly is prime Kobe better than prime LeBron? With the way LeBron is playing he may very well win 4-5 rings. 5 rings is the only argument we Kobe fans have but we may no be able to use it in a few years...
v1n5anity

Postby kenzo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:31 am

Forward Three wrote:This is why I don't think Miami can repeat this year. Yes, they got the W tonight against Portland, but they've let a lot of winnable games slide this year overall as well as just looked surprisingly vulnerable to 'bad'/average teams(yes, including the Lakers). Maybe it's because they are coasting through the regular season and they'll hit 5th gear in the post season, but maybe it's also complacency as well as teams having made adjustments and put a target on their back.

That is exactly what it is. We did the same thing in Shaq days here.
kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:56 am

Forward Three wrote:This is why I don't think Miami can repeat this year. Yes, they got the W tonight against Portland, but they've let a lot of winnable games slide this year overall as well as just looked surprisingly vulnerable to 'bad'/average teams(yes, including the Lakers). Maybe it's because they are coasting through the regular season and they'll hit 5th gear in the post season, but maybe it's also complacency as well as teams having made adjustments and put a target on their back.

Heat 2013= Lakers 2010 ...
wcsoldier81

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 am

I have never seen someone do what LeBron is doing right now. Its a different way of amazing compared to lets say Kobe's 9 game 40 point stretch...

how the guy is scoring 30 points every game on 15 shots is crazy and its not like he doesn't rebound, play D and set up his teammates. LeBron right now is my perfect player.

If I could make a perfect player, I would take this current LeBron. Its easy to build around because he adjusts to all styles, its also efficient beyond belief, its consistent as hell. LeBron is doing right now what I always wanted Kobe to do. Let the game come to him rather than forcing the matter.

I still hate LeBron though, he is a douche.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:49 pm

^how many Free throws is he getting a game?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

KB24 wrote:I have never seen someone do what LeBron is doing right now. Its a different way of amazing compared to lets say Kobe's 9 game 40 point stretch...

how the guy is scoring 30 points every game on 15 shots is crazy and its not like he doesn't rebound, play D and set up his teammates. LeBron right now is my perfect player.

If I could make a perfect player, I would take this current LeBron. Its easy to build around because he adjusts to all styles, its also efficient beyond belief, its consistent as hell. LeBron is doing right now what I always wanted Kobe to do. Let the game come to him rather than forcing the matter.

Well said. Lebron never forces the issue, never has an off game and always makes the right decision. Lebron has perfected the game of basketball. He has no weakness. Dude is unbelievable. Best player I've seen in the last 15 years.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm

KB24 wrote:I have never seen someone do what LeBron is doing right now. Its a different way of amazing compared to lets say Kobe's 9 game 40 point stretch...

I actually don't hate him as much anymore. He's a Champion. As far as I'm concerned all the talk is warranted. Maybe not all, but at least a lot of the credit.

I hate Wade quite a bit more. Wade is a Robin who thinks he's a Batman. LeBron is a Batman that didn't want to be a Batman at first. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:14 pm

He was Bruce Wayne! :man1:

Agreed except Robin is too cool. Wouldn't want to liken him to D-Whistle.

The LeBron thing to me is fine...he's the s***....I just don't want Jordan comparisons. He's not there yet. Not even close.
Chillbongo

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:59 pm

celticshub ‏@CelticsHub
Kevin Garnett just told reporters that this will be his last ASG. Infer what you will
Retweeted by Alex Kennedy
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby abeer3 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:56 pm

therealdeal wrote:I actually don't hate him as much anymore. He's a Champion. As far as I'm concerned all the talk is warranted. Maybe not all, but at least a lot of the credit.

I hate Wade quite a bit more. Wade is a Robin who thinks he's a Batman. LeBron is a Batman that didn't want to be a Batman at first. :man10:

yeah, doucheness is relative. wade's such a huge douche that lebron actually seems tolerable. also, he's like five times the player wade is, so it's a lot easier for me to accept his super duper stardom.

he's been ridiculous the past two years. enough that durant's amazing career year looks pedestrian in comparison. enough that i'm not all that bummed about the lakers not being good this year because they'd still get demolished by miami in the finals were they to get there.
abeer3

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:Well said. Lebron never forces the issue, never has an off game and always makes the right decision. Lebron has perfected the game of basketball. He has no weakness. Dude is unbelievable. Best player I've seen in the last 15 years.

I know it is love-feast Lebron on CL but seriously? This post is one paycheck shy of getting the LBJ tattoo. The best player you have seen in the last 15 years? Damn, how the universe has turned upside down. Wow.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 am

abeer3 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I actually don't hate him as much anymore. He's a Champion. As far as I'm concerned all the talk is warranted. Maybe not all, but at least a lot of the credit.

yeah, doucheness is relative. wade's such a huge douche that lebron actually seems tolerable. also, he's like five times the player wade is, so it's a lot easier for me to accept his super duper stardom.

he's been ridiculous the past two years. enough that durant's amazing career year looks pedestrian in comparison. enough that i'm not all that bummed about the lakers not being good this year because they'd still get demolished by miami in the finals were they to get there.

I think if we were healthy and if we were clicking the way we should have been clicking months ago, we'd give any team a run for their money. I'm not saying we'd win or that we'd even push the series to 7. But every game would be close. Yes they have LeBron, but outside of him I'm not exactly frightened by anything. Wade's inconsistency doesn't scare me. Bosh is almost an afterthought at this point. And the rest of their team is nothing to me.

Knowing how hungry Kobe is for that 6th ring... every game would be close. He wouldn't let it be another way.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby ramsay13 on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:22 am

During the 6 game streak LBJ had. His FTM-A (in no particular order)
7-8, 7-8, 8-11, 7-10, 5-6, 9-12
ramsay13

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
lakers_09tv wrote:Well said. Lebron never forces the issue, never has an off game and always makes the right decision. Lebron has perfected the game of basketball. He has no weakness. Dude is unbelievable. Best player I've seen in the last 15 years.

I know it is love-feast Lebron on CL but seriously? This post is one paycheck shy of getting the LBJ tattoo. The best player you have seen in the last 15 years? Damn, how the universe has turned upside down. Wow.

Peak Shaq from 99-01 is the only player I would take over LeBron right now in the last 15 years
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 pm

Yeah i didnt know you coudl become the best player that ever lived by winning ONE CHAMPIONSHIP in a SHORTENED season where if CHRIS BOSH hadn't come back in the Boston series, the CELTICS woulda been in the finals.

Sorry guys, I hate to be THAT guy, but I'm not gonna join the LeBron Love Fest just yet. He still has A LOT to prove and before people crown him better than MJ, he's gotta win a championship in a non-shortened season, and he's probably gotta 3-peat TWICE before being mentioned in the same BREATH as MJ...oh and there's still that Kobe guy who 3-peated once and then won back to back...none of that san antonio spurs crap of winning one year and taking the next off and then winning again....LeBron is definitely the best player in the league right now but holy crap can we calm down on the overreactions about how great he is? Jesus.
FabFourLakers

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:He still has A LOT to prove and before people crown him better than MJ, he's gotta win a championship in a non-shortened season, and he's probably gotta 3-peat TWICE before being mentioned in the same BREATH as MJ...oh and there's still that Kobe guy who 3-peated once and then won back to back...none of that san antonio spurs crap of winning one year and taking the next off and then winning again....LeBron is definitely the best player in the league right now but holy crap can we calm down on the overreactions about how great he is? Jesus.

QFT

Logic it seems, is few and far between these days. Thanks FabFour
Chillbongo

Postby purp n gold on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:46 pm

Of course LeBron has to win multiple rings before we put him up there with Kobe or MJ. However, resume /accomplishments are one part of a players legacy.

We all watch basketball and we know a dominant player when we see one. LeBron is at that point and no one is close, not even Durant.

I agree with JoelMyersScrotalSack with the 15 years comment. I take Shaq 99-01 over LeBron 12-13, and then probably Kobe 06-07 in third.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby nameant on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:07 pm

Everywhere I go on this board we're talking about LBJ. Wow.
nameant

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Watching the Heat destroy and embarrass the Thunder, in OKC, makes me wonder -- how in the world were we tied with them at half and withing a possession of them in the 4th -- IN Miami?

Same at Staples -- we were tied at 90 with just a few minutes to play.

The Heat are so systematic and well run. like the Spurs but with better athletes.

With guys like Metta, Blake, and Gasol, we should never operate or run like those teams. Yet, we had chances to beat both the Heat and Spurs. I hate Lebron, but damn...must give props....
tigerjeterkobe

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion