Overrated players

Who is the most overrated player?

Shaq
1
3%
Kobe
0
No votes
Kidd
1
3%
T-MAC
3
9%
Vince
3
9%
C-WEB
6
18%
Bibby
12
36%
AI
0
No votes
LeBron
7
21%
 
Total votes : 33

Overrated players

Postby ZenMaster4President on Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:39 pm

Who is the most overrated player ever?

Note #1

In the poll i have included only active players.

Note #2

You are welcome to post your own names.

Note #3

For player to be overrated he has to be considered by many as good or great, so Samake Walker is not overrated.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
User avatar
ZenMaster4President

 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:17 pm

Postby Guest on Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:54 pm

Carter is not over-rated. Lebron and Bibby are the most over-rated players in the NBA.
Guest

 

Postby shaqpak34 on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:04 pm

of those ppl its probably bibby or cwebb

its true that both are queens, and it might look like im hating, but seriously, if they were as good as ppl say, shouldnt they have gotten to the finals at least once????


they even have peja, (had) hedo, b jax, vlade, christie and all them crazy role players...but they still dint get to the championships...
User avatar
shaqpak34

 
Posts: 5496
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:22 am
Location: Irvine

Postby shaqpak34 on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:06 pm

Lebron cant be overrated..hes a fricken rookie for gods sakes, and hes putting up numbers better than 4/5ths of the league...

the hype surroundin him may be high, but he has definately done at least 3/4ths to what ppl expected....hes not a total flop like u ppl predicted


he is doing exceptionally well for a rookie, no doubt
User avatar
shaqpak34

 
Posts: 5496
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:22 am
Location: Irvine

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:07 pm

Posto wrote:Carter is not over-rated. Lebron and Bibby are the most over-rated players in the NBA.


are u f'n kiddin me? posto i cant believe u jus said LEBRON is overrated

The guy is avg 20, 6 and 6 in his FIRST NBA SEASON as an 18 YR OLD OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL...honestly i didnt think he'd avg 20 jus yet...i thot he'd avg like 13 4 and 4...if anythin he has exceeded expectations and he has become THA MAN

BIBBY AND C-WEBB DEFINETLY THA MOST OVERRATED...tha kings are better off without BOTH of them....b-jax and brad miller own bibby and webb
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:07 pm

lets see: Bibby, Parker, and Hudson to name a few.

The only reason they got bigger contracts or more recognition is because they had a good playoff series against Fisher.

Well there won't be one of those type pg's added to the list next year because we got Payton now, and he won't let any player make a name for themselves while going against him
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:10 pm

jsm0331 wrote:lets see: Bibby, Parker, and Hudson to name a few.

The only reason they got bigger contracts or more recognition is because they had a good playoff series against Fisher.

Well there won't be one of those type pg's added to the list next year because we got Payton now, and he won't let any player make a name for themselves while going against him


i dont think parker n hudson have gotten bigger contracts yet

but BIBBY DID
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby lakerfanimal on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:13 pm

the most overrated players in the league are either webber or bibby, then any center in the eastern conference that makes the all star game, and when i say this ben wallace is not a true center, so dont get me wrong. I think that yao ming is overrated too.
ImageImage
User avatar
lakerfanimal

 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:17 am
Location: irvine

Postby lakerfanimal on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:14 pm

o yea duncans overrated too, he doesnt deserve 2 mvps, its ok if he got one of those, but j kidd shuda gotten one, and this year i think KG wil get one, but yea, duncan is way overrated
ImageImage
User avatar
lakerfanimal

 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:17 am
Location: irvine

Postby Guest on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:51 pm

He can put up 50 and 35 and he'll still be over rated. The commercials and ads and all the hype make him out to be GOD. GOD!

Plus he looks like Stephen Jackson so I got no love for him. And I don't care about people "doing there things" and "representing" or "keeping it real". All I care about is the Lakers. The only players in the NBA that I like that are not Lakers are Paul Pierce, Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Corey Maggatte, and Quentin Richardson.

I don't care about anyone elses teams or what their players average. Plus I'm sick of seeing those stupid commericals 24/7.
Guest

 

Postby ZenMaster4President on Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:10 pm

As you can see Posto - you are in a minority thus far!
Lets see if people will vote more and than make a conclusion.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
User avatar
ZenMaster4President

 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:17 pm

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:06 pm

posto this is one thing i disagree with u on...

yea u can hate lebron but u GOTTA respect his game...i HATE BIBBY with a PASSION...but i respect his GAME...i HATE DUNCAN with a passion...but i respect his game...

u can hate players...but you gotta respect a guy like LEBRON for what hes doin in tha NBA in his FIRST YEAR comin outta HIGH school...and u gotta respect him for LIVING UP to tha hype that was built around him...i mean NOBODY comin outta high school OR college had THIS much hype surrounding him before ever playin an NBA game like LEBRON did...and hes steppin up..

all he needs to do is get tha cavs to win more games and maybe cut into tha playoff huntn
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby ShaqAttaq on Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:57 pm

Right now - it's LBJ... I remember what Bibby did ni the 2002 play-offs, so i don't think he is overrated! Air Canada - only injuries don't let him play the full strength!
Shaquille O'Neal: "Me shooting 40 percent at the foul line is just God's way of
saying nobody's perfect."
User avatar
ShaqAttaq

 
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:55 am
Location: Home of The Scandalous - Big Bad Los Angeles

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 03, 2004 7:52 pm

ShaqAttaq wrote:Right now - it's LBJ... I remember what Bibby did ni the 2002 play-offs, so i don't think he is overrated! Air Canada - only injuries don't let him play the full strength!


bibby only did that in tha 02 plyaoffs against tha LAKERS...against DEREK FISHER...off SCREEN AND ROLLS...our point guards MAKE other point guards look like all stars...even NOW! howard eisley droped 26 pts on us!!! 26 !!! thats his season high! any point guard that wants a chance to shine...ur chance comes against tha lakers...
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby SWOL on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:13 pm

WOW I CANT BELIEVE 6 PEOPLE VOTED FOR LEBRON WHAT DOES HE HAVTA DO SCORE 70 AND PULL DOWN 30 BOARDS :man7:
Image
User avatar
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest
 
Posts: 13197
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:13 am
Location: Where Brooklyn at?

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:44 pm

Well Posto said that he can basically score all he wants and he'll still be considered overrated. All the hype pre-NBA is still carring on into the season. Ok, everyone in the world knows about him, and because of all his publicity and all hype people are expecting him to do more than what he is. Don't get me wrong he's doin tight for just an 18 year old, but fans are expecting more, like wins, and bigger numbers because of all the hype surrounding him. So I can see why people judge him as overrated.
LakersGyrl2003

 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:04 am

Postby crucifido on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:56 pm

Vince Carter has done nothing to improve himself, the team or his status as the league's most overrated player since David Robinson.

LeBron could be called overrated, but not by any fault of his own. He wasn't the one starting the hype machine making him out to look like the second coming.

I don't like Bibby's on court attitude but he does his job proficiently and does it well enough to keep the team running. Personally, I don't understand how anyone could hate Duncan. He's a good guy that never says or displays any ill will about anyone in the league. He gives a double double effort almost every single night within the team concept.
User avatar
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 10:11 pm
Location: Costa Mesa, California

Postby ZenMaster4President on Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:25 pm

I started this poll as a result of an argument with Posto about LBJ being overrated - and i think statistically he is wrong as we can see.
My pick would be Vince!
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
User avatar
ZenMaster4President

 
Posts: 5561
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:17 pm

Postby Bulls Fan on Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:41 pm

Michael Jordan




























just kidding
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Image
User avatar
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls
 
Posts: 1209
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:49 pm
Location: Southern California

Postby noxcel on Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:56 pm

Vince Carter - omg, I am from TO, and I hate him so much!!!

He is the most overrated player in the world, the only thing he did is win the dunk contest, and the dunk that he did, he copied from kobe[1996 I think].

Raptors suck because of him:
- he was the reason T-MAC left toronto
- everytime raptors are down in a game, looks at his face, it is like he is going to cry[kinda like C-WEBB :)]
- he does nothing to help raptors win, he only plays good, when the team plays good.
- HE SHOULD BE TRADED
noxcel

 

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:58 pm

You should have put Antoine Walker up there
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:50 pm

noxcel wrote:Vince Carter - omg, I am from TO, and I hate him so much!!!

He is the most overrated player in the world, the only thing he did is win the dunk contest, and the dunk that he did, he copied from kobe[1996 I think].

Raptors suck because of him:
- he was the reason T-MAC left toronto
- everytime raptors are down in a game, looks at his face, it is like he is going to cry[kinda like C-WEBB :)]
- he does nothing to help raptors win, he only plays good, when the team plays good.
- HE SHOULD BE TRADED


haha damn never seen a toronto fan rip on carter...but ur raptors should make tha playoffs this year...but carter's numbers are down...
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:19 pm

I don't think he's a Toronto fan, he just lives there... Am I right?
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby noxcel on Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:32 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
noxcel wrote:Vince Carter - omg, I am from TO, and I hate him so much!!!

He is the most overrated player in the world, the only thing he did is win the dunk contest, and the dunk that he did, he copied from kobe[1996 I think].

Raptors suck because of him:
- he was the reason T-MAC left toronto
- everytime raptors are down in a game, looks at his face, it is like he is going to cry[kinda like C-WEBB :)]
- he does nothing to help raptors win, he only plays good, when the team plays good.
- HE SHOULD BE TRADED


haha damn never seen a toronto fan rip on carter...but ur raptors should make tha playoffs this year...but carter's numbers are down...


they will make the playoffs, but not because of vince. Raptors have Rose now.

"I don't think he's a Toronto fan, he just lives there... Am I right?"
- my #1 team is Lakers :jam2: , but I still like when Raptors win, I want to see them in the finals vs. LA, but this will never happen with carter on a team.
noxcel

 

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:34 pm

That's very true-- Toronto needs to trade Vince and Rose. They both are overrated and can't play defense. The Raptors need to re-build from ground up.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40952
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Next

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.