Pacers Sign Sam Young, Sundiata Gaines, Blake Ahearn

Pacers Sign Sam Young, Sundiata Gaines, Blake Ahearn

Postby JSM on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 am

Real GM wrote:The Indiana Pacers have signed free agents Sam Young, Sundiata Gaines and Blake Ahearn to contracts.

Young is a 6-6 small forward/shooting guard who has played three NBA seasons with the Memphis Grizzlies and Philadelphia 76ers. He has career averages of 6.6 points per game and 1.8 rebounds per game.

Gaines is a 6-1 point guard who was undrafted out of Georgia in 2008. He has played with Utah, Minnesota, Toronto and New Jersey with career averages of 5.1 ppg and 2.2 assists per game.

A 6-2 guard, Ahearn has 19 games NBA experience with Miami, San Antonio and Utah with a career average of 2.5 ppg. He has also played in Europe and the NBA D-League where in 2011-12 he was the league’s leading scorer at 23.8 ppg.

Young and Gaines are a couple of solid additions to strengthen their bench. I thought Young had a good run in Memphis and Gaines got off to a good start in Utah, not sure what's happened since (besides being stuck on the roster of bottom dwellers)
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Pacers Sign Sam Young, Sundiata Gaines, Blake Ahearn

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Gaines is eh. He had that one exciting moment when he beat the Cavs, then he stunk.

Young is good. Solid signing for any team needing depth, I mean damn I'd love to have him over Odom or Goudelock.

Ahearn I know nothing about.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to NBA Discussion