Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Would you re-sign Pau for ~7 million per?

Yes
38%
No
52%
Maybe (explain)
8%

Total votes : 136

Re: Pau Appreciation: UnBullievable, no S&T - Thx 4 the Memories

Postby ericdabbs on Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:01 pm

As usual the Lakers FO failed to pull off a S&T for Pau Gasol and he leaves LA for nothing. When will Jim Buss and Mitch get off their high horse and assume stars will just come to the Lakers for no reason. Lakers are losing that swagger when you have 2 big guys in Howard and Gasol just leave for nothing.

All I was expecting for a Gasol S&T was to get back Boozer and future 1st and 2nd round pick.
ericdabbs

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:13 pm

Great fit for Pau. Bulls are the favorites in the East right now. He joins the best frontcourt rotation in the conference with Noah, Gibby, and Mirotic. Noah can cover his defensive liabilities, their depth can keep him rested and fresh. Rose can drive and kick opening up the mid range Js for Pau.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Noah will indeed help cover for Pau. Unlike Dwight, who is all about flying in for help blocks while leaving the offensive rebounds open, Noah is a smarter defender IMO, he actually plays good man defense.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:53 pm

GO PAU!! GO BULLS!! WIN IT ALL!! Why would you root for any other team, if a Lakers fan??? Will be a very fun team to watch. Plus these good passing big men feeding McBuckets on the perimeter. Better than Cavs and Heat hopefully. Need Rose to be 90% or more Rose again.
LTLakerFan

Postby lakerfan2 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:27 pm

ericdabbs wrote:As usual the Lakers FO failed to pull off a S&T for Pau Gasol and he leaves LA for nothing. When will Jim Buss and Mitch get off their high horse and assume stars will just come to the Lakers for no reason. Lakers are losing that swagger when you have 2 big guys in Howard and Gasol just leave for nothing.

All I was expecting for a Gasol S&T was to get back Boozer and future 1st and 2nd round pick.

Tell me again why Chicago would bother doing a S&T when they could just sign straight up?

Both were UNRESTRICTED free agents. They can do as they please.

Ugh...no sense in knowledge anymore.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby S.R.05 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:03 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
ericdabbs wrote:As usual the Lakers FO failed to pull off a S&T for Pau Gasol and he leaves LA for nothing. When will Jim Buss and Mitch get off their high horse and assume stars will just come to the Lakers for no reason. Lakers are losing that swagger when you have 2 big guys in Howard and Gasol just leave for nothing.

Tell me again why Chicago would bother doing a S&T when they could just sign straight up?

to dump boozer's salary...pau will be making around 7m/year, boozer's making 17m next year..we would have absorbed the extra 10 mil and theoretically gotten a draft pick for our trouble
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:34 am

But that's assuming Chicago was willing to give us a draft pick to take Boozer. Clearly they weren't so we got left out in the rain.

It's on the FO to not let it get to that point though.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:05 am

S.R.05 wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

to dump boozer's salary...pau will be making around 7m/year, boozer's making 17m next year..we would have absorbed the extra 10 mil and theoretically gotten a draft pick for our trouble

But then, Chicago could (and did) amnesty Boozer and keep their draft pick, and then we would've been stuck with Boozer taking up $16.7M in cap space, even if it was expiring.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby S.R.05 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:17 am

lakerfan2 wrote:
S.R.05 wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:

But then, Chicago could (and did) amnesty Boozer and keep their draft pick, and then we would've been stuck with Boozer taking up $16.7M in cap space, even if it was expiring.

right, as far as salary cap goes they got rid of boozer through the amnesty. as far as real life money goes they had to pay him a s*** load to amnesty, as far as i know. it means nothing to us fans or to their salary cap and it's easy to disregard because of that, but that's still a bunch of money to spend out of pocket for the owner, jerry reinsdorf, who is notoriously cheap as f***. if he'd been able to move boozer and dump 10 million dollars on us i think it would have been worth it for him
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion