Pelicans interested in Josh Powell (p. 3)

Re: Lakers interested in Josh Powell

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:23 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:
Dyeggoo wrote:Chris Mihm anyone?

when he was healthy.... this is a FAIL. Does not deserve. The guy still gets no respect from some.

When he was healthy, he wasn't even as talented as Rik Smits.

He had ONE move, the right hook. He was weak for his size and did not really have a presence in the middle outside of the occasional blocked shot, and was an average rebounder.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby trodgers on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:30 am

I liked Mihm, but in the last EIGHT years he has played 400 minutes of NBA ball, including zero in the past five. So the "NOOOO" makes good sense.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 am

No thanks, this guy couldn't even get off the bench when he was here. He hasn't played in the NBA since 2011, I think we can do better.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 am

I DID NOT MEAN POST ANKLE INJURY. :man3:
LTLakerFan

Postby denimPortugal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am

I don't even know where is Powell playing! Mitch, trolling! :man10:

We need a SF!
denimPortugal

Postby trodgers on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:56 am

LTLakerFan wrote:I DID NOT MEAN POST ANKLE INJURY. :man3:

But...he is post ankle injury. By nearly a decade.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:11 am

i dont remember a 'throw away' year that has me this interested in watching

Mitch is a genius
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 am

trodgers wrote:

Why are you arguing, I'm not advocating getting him. Just defending as I do all my liked players on the Lakers when I think they get unjustified mocking. No big deal. Everyone has their own opinions.
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:19 am

pound4pound1 wrote:i dont remember a 'throw away' year that has me this interested in watching

Mitch is a genius

Seriously. Was kinda dreading what this roster might look like after Dwight walked. The names being talked about are quite intriguing.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:27 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:i dont remember a 'throw away' year that has me this interested in watching

Mitch is a genius

Seriously. Was kinda dreading what this roster might look like after Dwight walked. The names being talked about are quite intriguing.

the cancer left and now you bring in guys that like each other...then you add a healthy Nash to the mix...we all know how big chemistry is in this league...you never know....
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:28 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Mitch is a genius

And if not intriguing, at least entertaining and fun to think about.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Mitch is a genius

the cancer left and now you bring in guys that like each other...then you add a healthy Nash to the mix...we all know how big chemistry is in this league...you never know....

The word "pesky" comes to mind when thinking about a roster like this. Kind of a better version of the Van Exel/Jones/Ceballos/Peeler/etc. teams of the 90's I rooted for in my formative years.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby TSpence26 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:34 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Josh Powell is a complete douchebag. He was signing stuff at Arco Arena in Sacramento and totally skipped me :man2:
TSpence26

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:34 am

^Haha. Sound reasoning.

Sorry to hear that though.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby XXIV on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 am

I'd rather bring LO and KMart, but he is a good locker room presence and he plays hard. If we do sign him I wouldn't be upset I just think there are better options out there.
XXIV

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:50 am

It is a genius PR move to put the old teams back together.

I'm also intrigued that they're all triangle guys, and we have Rambis on the bench.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby XXIV on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:54 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:It is a genius PR move to put the old teams back together.

I'm also intrigued that they're all triangle guys, and we have Rambis on the bench.

Did Rambis really get hired? I thought that was just a rumor? :man3:
XXIV

Postby trodgers on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
trodgers wrote:

Why are you arguing, I'm not advocating getting him. Just defending as I do all my liked players on the Lakers when I think they get unjustified mocking. No big deal. Everyone has their own opinions.

If the suggestion is that we should get Mihm, that suggestion should be mocked. NOOOO. Insert .gif.

I'll defend what Mihm did here, too. I think you just misunderstood the purpose of the .gif.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:00 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
Lakerman JSJ wrote:

Mitch is a genius

Chemistry helps in communication on the floor and camaraderie off it. Definitely an important factor. Powell is really a good practice player in keeping the starters in tune. It was what Jackson praised him for when he was with the squad. There were times when Powell with 24 ran that pick and pop well. At least with all these probable signings, there's some good vibes out there for all of us not to mention the organization as well.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:12 pm

I see what Mitch is doing.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:16 pm

After looking into it further, he's only 30, I thought he was older for some reason. I guess he wouldn't be so bad as a bench PF, but I'd still prefer Odom.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:17 pm

I'd rather suck, but everyone is out there playing together and not b**** and moanin' up and down the court....

Than suck and have to deal with players like Dwight crying and dividing the locker room.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:44 pm

nameant wrote:So we finally realized we broke up a great team.

In one sense, yes. But in my mind, several of the guys left because we couldn't afford them in light of other offers they got, they wanted more playing time, they didn't fit the coach and system (which keeps changing still), or it took them leaving to realize what they missed and WE missed.

That all said, how many of them actually will be coming back as better players than when they left??? Any of them?

But -- you can't measure comfort, effort, and chemistry. With MDA's system, there is a chance that these guys could be decent given their comfort and chemistry with each other. Also, they all may be playing with chips on their shoulders and trying for that next contract. And Nash can possibly make them look better than they are (Kobe too, if he facilitates more).

It is fun to talk about and will be interesting to see -- getting these former CHAMPIONS back together. But I don't expect them to be better players than they were. We will soon remember our constant :bang: :bang: :bang: reasons for each of them (Farmar chucking, LO fouling 3-point shooters, Gasol being softer and softer, Sasha missing wide open shots at crunch time...). I would love to get Ariza back though -- he has become a better individual player.

I like the nostalgia of it all. But my expectations are still the same -- finish in the lottery.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:18 pm

trodgers wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
trodgers wrote:

If the suggestion is that we should get Mihm, that suggestion should be mocked. NOOOO. Insert .gif.

I'll defend what Mihm did here, too. I think you just misunderstood the purpose of the .gif.

Come on Travis. WTF?? You are a smart guy. How many effing times do I have to say it in how many ways? I was just defending his rep here. AM NOT ADVOCATING WE GET HIM. THAT WOULD BE LUDICROUS AT THIS POINT. REALLY??? My first words and statement was this: when he was healthy.... this is a FAIL. Does not deserve.

:bang:
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion