Perkins will miss two to three weeks

Perkins will miss two to three weeks

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:33 pm

http://www.okblitz.com/Article.aspx?id=35114

OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City Thunder head coach Scott Brooks said Saturday that newly acquired center Kendrick Perkins will miss two to three weeks with a sprained MCL in his left knee.

The Thunder acquired Perkins from the Boston Celtics along with Nate Robinson at the trade deadline Thursday in exchange for Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic. OKC added Perkins in order to solidify its center position with a big player who can rebound and play defense.

Perkins has had trouble with his knees in the past. He missed the beginning of this season with a torn ACL and already was nursing this MCL injury before coming to the Thunder. He has played in only 12 games so far this season.

With Perkins absent for the team’s last game against the Orlando Magic, the Thunder’s need for an interior big man became even more apparent. Dwight Howard shredded the OKC defense for 40 points on 16-of-20 shooting and got to the free-throw line 12 times.

Despite the setback, Brooks said he could tell from their first conversation that Perkins is serious about becoming a better basketball player and that he shows a passion for competition.

“He doesn’t like his opponent,” Brooks said. “Whoever it is that night, he doesn’t like them.”

With Perkins’ injury, the Thunder’s second trade Thursday now becomes more important. Oklahoma City acquired center Nazr Mohammed from Charlotte, and he now will see an increase in playing time while Perkins is out. Perkins, Robinson and Mohammed all passed their physicals Friday, making them official members of the Thunder.

Brooks said he expects both Mohammed and Robinson to suit up and be ready to play in the Thunder’s next game against the Los Angeles Lakers. The game will begin at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Oklahoma City Arena.

This means heavy minutes for Ibaka, 34 yr old Nazr Mohammad and Nick Collison...these guys are going to be worn down, making the playoff push by the time Perkins returns

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: Perkins will miss two to three weeks

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:41 am

Wow. I wonder if Danny Ainge knew about this? :man3:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby BDG on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:42 am

^ Was gonna say the same thing.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:44 am

BDG wrote:^ Was gonna say the same thing.

It's going to be interesting to see how OKC deals with this news.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:44 am

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Wow. I wonder if Danny Ainge knew about this? :man3:

We're talking about Danny "I just chucked a towel into the air to distract the guy shooting free throws" Ainge here, what do you think? LOL.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:45 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:Wow. I wonder if Danny Ainge knew about this? :man3:

We're talking about Danny "I just chucked a towel into the air to distract the guy shooting free throws" Ainge here, what do you think? LOL.

True. It could just be sheer coincidence. :man1:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:24 am

didnt the okc thunder know that perkins was hurt before tehy traded for him? i thought the news about perkins MCL came out like 2 days before the trade deadline and the espn report said he would "miss a few games." i guess now it is 2-3 weeks...
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:35 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:didnt the okc thunder know that perkins was hurt before tehy traded for him? i thought the news about perkins MCL came out like 2 days before the trade deadline and the espn report said he would "miss a few games." i guess now it is 2-3 weeks...

They probably knew, but I don't think they were expecting his injury to be this bad. I think they were willing to overlook him being hurt for what he brings to their team in return, but now they're in a bind, and they'll have to play without him for a few weeks. They might have beat the Lakers if he had been playing.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:06 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:
OCLakersFan247 wrote:didnt the okc thunder know that perkins was hurt before tehy traded for him? i thought the news about perkins MCL came out like 2 days before the trade deadline and the espn report said he would "miss a few games." i guess now it is 2-3 weeks...

They probably knew, but I don't think they were expecting his injury to be this bad. I think they were willing to overlook him being hurt for what he brings to their team in return, but now they're in a bind, and they'll have to play without him for a few weeks. They might have beat the Lakers if he had been playing.

No, they wudnt beat us if he played.
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion