6 player trade involving Boston and Cleveland

6 player trade involving Boston and Cleveland

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:41 pm

The latest trade of the year went down today, and it involves the struggling Cavs and the Celtics. We all knew Ricky Davis wouldn't last the whole season with the Cavs, and not he's gone and adds some offensive firepower to a team that only has Baker and Pierce as major options.
Here's the details of the deal:
Sportsline: Guard Ricky Davis was traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Boston Celtics in a six-player deal Monday, a source within the NBA told the Associated Press.

The Cavs sent Davis, Chris Mihm, Michael Stewart and a draft pick to the Celtics for Eric Williams, Tony Battie and Kedrick Brown, the source said on condition of anonymity.

The deal was expected to be formally announced later.

The swap also includes Cleveland giving the Celtics back a second-round pick it received from Boston in a trade last summer.

So...what do yall think about this deal? I think it helps both teams out, because Boston gets a big man and an offensive threat. Cavs get players that they can use, instead of having Davis just sit on the bench.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:10 pm

great trade for both teams

Cavs got rid of a ball hog who thot he was tha Team when it is really lebron's team

Celtics got a 2nd scorin option in Davis and basically got tha same player in Mihm for Battie, but Mihm might have more potential...

Cavs got some good solid TEAM players, eric williams is WAY underrated and he can provide some toughness and some energy off tha bench, battie can be a great shot blockin' presence when Z isnt playin good, and kedrick brown's got some potential...but tha main thing was they got rid of Davis, now they can have Lebron at tha 2 and Darius at tha 3, and have a point guard, maybe bremer or ollie, or when wagner comes back...

great trade for both teams
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:53 pm

If you want to know a little more about what each of these guys might be able to bring to their new team, then be sure to read this article.
ESPN: Dr. Jack Ramsay on the Cavaliers-Celtics trade---When I spoke with Cavaliers coach Paul Silas and GM Jim Paxson last week, they told me they wanted to acquire some veteran leadership for their young team. That's what prompted this trade for the Cavs.

Eric Williams, who goes to Cleveland, is a team leader. He has a strong work ethic and a great locker-room presence. There are no numbers to measure these qualities, but Boston will miss them while they pay dividends for the Cavs. Williams' intangibles are Boston's greatest loss.

For Boston, the key to the trade is Ricky Davis. He gives Boston another certifiable scorer after Paul Pierce. The Celtics have been hard-pressed to find another scorer after the trade of Antoine Walker, and Davis can be that guy.

Davis has star potential, but the challenge for Celtics coach Jim O'Brien will be to help Davis produce consistently. If he can, Boston wins in this trade. Still, O'Brien will need to use all his coaching skills to harness Davis' potential. Davis can score, run the floor and create opportunities for teammates.

I expect Eric Williams to have a positive influence on young players like rookie phenom Lebron James and veterans alike. Williams' hard work in practice and in games will inspire a better effort on defense and in the rebounding department.

As far as the other players in the deal, Cleveland gets Tony Battie and Kedrick Brown. Battie has not played well this season, while Brown is still playing like a rookie in his third year. He has athletic ability, though, so if Silas gets him to lift his game, Brown could help the Cavs.

Boston gets Chris Mihm and Michael Stewart. The 7-foot Mihm is a shot-blocking presence who can score when needed. He hasn't gotten consistent minutes, but he should get a chance to play for the Celtics. Stewart, meanwhile, is a role player who bangs inside and plays hard.
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:57 pm

In analyzing this trade...I can't see what a stupid move masturbator Ainge made...

Trading away Eric Williams, a premier sixth man, really hurts. The guy's work ethic is strongly recognized and his inside-outside game (yes, he has an inside game--in fact, last year he was Boston's only legit post player) is fantastic. Keep in mind that this was a guy who could have became a star if it weren't for injuries. Now Boston seems to be losing its veterans now, trading Eric Williams and Tony Battie. Rather trade Marcus Banks, Walter McCarty and Chris Mills for that lot. Eric Williams shouldn't have been traded, although I realize that Boston made a tough decision over selfish-yet-prominent Ricky Davis. In fact, I don't look for Ricky to be the x-factor.

What was the use of Ainge getting Ricky Davis when he was just a small forward of Antoine Walker? W/out the rebounding and threes, though, Davis only shoots about 41% from the field, and relatively has a game split between Pierce and Walker's. He likes to make prolithic dunks, which should enhance the Boston crowd popularity yet at crunch time bricks shots w/ his me-first like play. Pierce wouldn't like that, and unless Jimmy O'Brien could change him that would make less shots for the role players, namely Mike James and Jiri Welsch, two players who have been blossoming over the hood of O'Brien. Ricky Davis isn't Celtic-type, if anything he should have been traded to a team like Phoenix or something, a deal involving Penny Hardaway and Scott Williams might have worked.

Yet, the Cavs seem to like the Boston Celts a lot--they've traded with them two times this offseason--the first involving JR Bremer and Bruno Sundov to get Jumaine Jones. And now they reunite Jones with the likes of Ricky Davis and Chris Mihm. These two teams keep trading players back and forth.

And Ainge is the trade master, just what in the world is he doing? Trading Antoine Walker and getting Ricky Davis, as I said, is virtually defunct,--what's the use if you get another ballhogger--Iverson-like--getting 20 points and 5 assists a game? He's a wild Paul Pierce--and if Pierce is already wild, he's wilder. He'll generate turnovers and at times won't play O'Brien's well-preached defense. That's his problem, along with his maniacal statistical attitude in getting a triple double...

But this spells more times for well-proven Jumaine Jones now that Eric Williams is out of the way, it's that like one of the only bright spots to focus upon. I love Jones's height, hustle, stellar offensive play and three-point range for a big man, and now he can prove himself with his great defense and offense he hasn't shown much both in Philly and in Cleveland.

Yet, as I repeat again, Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis might not coincide with each other--Ainge is taking a huge gamble--because Davis didn't coincide with both Paul Silas and LeBron James, rookie phenom. That spells trouble, since Cleveland has been so desperate to unload Davis (speaking of Davis, he could have went to Minnesota but he was a restricted FA and Cleveland matched it thinking that he would develop into a great star). Unloading Chris Mihm is not a bad move even though the guy has talent but John Paxson has agreed to stick with defensive players, high-school shotblocker DeSagana Diop instead. Mihm has actuallly played pretty well spelling Big Z off the bench, but he would find himself in a better situation in Boston where he can actually be the probable starter there (sometimes I liken Mihm better than a Raef LaFrentz for your information).

Tony Battie and Kedrick Brown, now, are two players the Celtics don't want, yet probably the Cavs won't find much use for either of them. Battie may get some minutes spelling Big Z but once Diop comes back Battie's minutes would lessen since he can only play defense and get the boards (no scoring). Kedrick Brown is a sweet dunker and a good defender but has played like a rookie until now...he still hasn't gotten his jumpshot and still he can't split defenders...playing behind Ira Newble, Eric Williams and Darius Miles must really suck for him...so these are just the leftover scraps that Cleveland is forced to pick up in the trade just for Boston to unload some "guys."

Michael Stewart and the 2nd round pick to Boston are just extra considerations, though I say that Chris Mihm might be teh x-factor in this trade. He plays somewhat smart for a 7'0" guy and has a great touch inside and outside. He also blocks some shots and is a 7th pick, telling you something. So I don't look for Ricky, I look for Chris to do the most damage to this trade....Cavs knew his potential but was forced to trade him for the veterans they needed to suit James like Eric Williams and Battie.

The trade is really in favor for both teams but I'll side with Cleveland.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:19 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:In analyzing this trade...I can't see what a stupid move masturbator Ainge made...

Trading away Eric Williams, a premier sixth man, really hurts. The guy's work ethic is strongly recognized and his inside-outside game (yes, he has an inside game--in fact, last year he was Boston's only legit post player) is fantastic. Keep in mind that this was a guy who could have became a star if it weren't for injuries. Now Boston seems to be losing its veterans now, trading Eric Williams and Tony Battie. Rather trade Marcus Banks, Walter McCarty and Chris Mills for that lot. Eric Williams shouldn't have been traded, although I realize that Boston made a tough decision over selfish-yet-prominent Ricky Davis. In fact, I don't look for Ricky to be the x-factor.

What was the use of Ainge getting Ricky Davis when he was just a small forward of Antoine Walker? W/out the rebounding and threes, though, Davis only shoots about 41% from the field, and relatively has a game split between Pierce and Walker's. He likes to make prolithic dunks, which should enhance the Boston crowd popularity yet at crunch time bricks shots w/ his me-first like play. Pierce wouldn't like that, and unless Jimmy O'Brien could change him that would make less shots for the role players, namely Mike James and Jiri Welsch, two players who have been blossoming over the hood of O'Brien. Ricky Davis isn't Celtic-type, if anything he should have been traded to a team like Phoenix or something, a deal involving Penny Hardaway and Scott Williams might have worked.

Yet, the Cavs seem to like the Boston Celts a lot--they've traded with them two times this offseason--the first involving JR Bremer and Bruno Sundov to get Jumaine Jones. And now they reunite Jones with the likes of Ricky Davis and Chris Mihm. These two teams keep trading players back and forth.

And Ainge is the trade master, just what in the world is he doing? Trading Antoine Walker and getting Ricky Davis, as I said, is virtually defunct,--what's the use if you get another ballhogger--Iverson-like--getting 20 points and 5 assists a game? He's a wild Paul Pierce--and if Pierce is already wild, he's wilder. He'll generate turnovers and at times won't play O'Brien's well-preached defense. That's his problem, along with his maniacal statistical attitude in getting a triple double...

But this spells more times for well-proven Jumaine Jones now that Eric Williams is out of the way, it's that like one of the only bright spots to focus upon. I love Jones's height, hustle, stellar offensive play and three-point range for a big man, and now he can prove himself with his great defense and offense he hasn't shown much both in Philly and in Cleveland.

Yet, as I repeat again, Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis might not coincide with each other--Ainge is taking a huge gamble--because Davis didn't coincide with both Paul Silas and LeBron James, rookie phenom. That spells trouble, since Cleveland has been so desperate to unload Davis (speaking of Davis, he could have went to Minnesota but he was a restricted FA and Cleveland matched it thinking that he would develop into a great star). Unloading Chris Mihm is not a bad move even though the guy has talent but John Paxson has agreed to stick with defensive players, high-school shotblocker DeSagana Diop instead. Mihm has actuallly played pretty well spelling Big Z off the bench, but he would find himself in a better situation in Boston where he can actually be the probable starter there (sometimes I liken Mihm better than a Raef LaFrentz for your information).

Tony Battie and Kedrick Brown, now, are two players the Celtics don't want, yet probably the Cavs won't find much use for either of them. Battie may get some minutes spelling Big Z but once Diop comes back Battie's minutes would lessen since he can only play defense and get the boards (no scoring). Kedrick Brown is a sweet dunker and a good defender but has played like a rookie until now...he still hasn't gotten his jumpshot and still he can't split defenders...playing behind Ira Newble, Eric Williams and Darius Miles must really suck for him...so these are just the leftover scraps that Cleveland is forced to pick up in the trade just for Boston to unload some "guys."

Michael Stewart and the 2nd round pick to Boston are just extra considerations, though I say that Chris Mihm might be teh x-factor in this trade. He plays somewhat smart for a 7'0" guy and has a great touch inside and outside. He also blocks some shots and is a 7th pick, telling you something. So I don't look for Ricky, I look for Chris to do the most damage to this trade....Cavs knew his potential but was forced to trade him for the veterans they needed to suit James like Eric Williams and Battie.

The trade is really in favor for both teams but I'll side with Cleveland.

Thats funny how u say that Kedrick is one of tha "leftovers" or "scraps" of this trade...thats exactly what we said in tha Payton-Allen trade with Ronald Murray...u jus never know who will blossom in tha NBA....what will tha starting lineup look like now for tha cavs? will it stay tha same? right now its:

bremer
james
newble
boozer
ilgauskas

bench will be:
ollie
brown
miles
williams
battie(til diop gets back)
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:06 pm

I agree getting Davis to submit to the style of play in Boston could be a challenge, but if O' Brien can work a miracle, then the Celtics could be a very deadly team in the east. And since LaFrentz will be out for the season, Mihm will be a good replacement at the center position. Here is the potential line up:

Mihm
Baker
Pierce
Davis
James

And a decent second string coming off the bench:
Stewart
McCarty
Jones
Welsch
Banks
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:15 pm

damn lafrentz is really out for tha year? what is it with kansas boys bein out for tha year? First Collison, now Lafrentz? Whos next? Hinrich?

wow boston fans must reallly hate ainge now for tradin walker for basically NOTHING, they got LAFRENTZ who will not even play this year..but i agree MIHM is a great replacement...hopefully he'll shine in boston and i still like Jumaine Jones...he should be a good 6th man for that team
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:19 pm

next year they will be very good at the center position, with Mihm and Raef sharing minutes. Or one of them coming in for Baker, when he needs a break.

But anyways, Raef had knee surgery, and found out the injury will force him to miss the rest of the season.
JSM

Postby Kobe834 on Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:40 pm

This suprises me. Ur sayin' that the Cavs would rather have Darius then Ricky? This is shocking. I think that LeBron is even going to be affected by this. Ricky and him were doin it together and I kinda thought that being around Davis would be a great building block for him. Then again I knew he'd be traded sooner than later, but this really suprises me. Who's gonna show LeBron the ropes now?
Kobe834

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:18 pm

I think they will probably try to move Miles eventually too, they want guys who can help Lebron and guys that show him a few things and be a good influence on him, so I doubt the Cavs are done yet.
JSM

Postby xxx on Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:16 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I think they will probably try to move Miles eventually too, they want guys who can help Lebron and guys that show him a few things and be a good influence on him, so I doubt the Cavs are done yet.
I totally agree with you about Miles. Now that they've washed their hands of Davis, Miles needs to go while he still has some sort of trade value because some people out there would still take a chance with Miles because of his "potential". Miles has to be one of the biggest disappointments in the league. The guy has unbelievable talent and definitely showed signs of brilliance with the Clippers. But now, he looks like he belongs in the NBDL, not the NBA. I lived in Illinois where Miles and Garnett both played high-school ball and I thought Miles was a better player his sr. year in high school than Garnett was when he was in h.s. and we all know how Garnett turned out to be in the NBA. Garnett wasn't even the best player on his H.S. team his sr. year while Miles was an absolute force with tremendous all-around ability. I hope Darius can turn it around and soon or he'll be mentioned with Shawn Bradley and those guys as being one of the biggest wastes of a top 3 pick in NBA draft history.
xxx

Postby ITS JOEY on Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:10 pm

wow..big trade! :man4: now the celtics have a scoring 2 guard and paul pierce can play the 3
ITS JOEY

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:18 pm

there is NO WAY tha cavs will trade miles bcuz miles is James BEST FRIEND...belive it or not...Ricky Davis had a PROBLEM with Lebron "takin over tha team" when he came...Miles and James are tight, and i think Lebron would be upset with management if they traded Miles...whether yall like it or not, LEBRON OWNS management and they'll do whatever they want for him...and i remember magic johnson tellin him that it is HIS team and IF HE HAS A PROBLEM with someone on that team, GO TO MANAGEMENT and get rid of them...im not sayin lebron did jus that, but management knows that Ricky Davis was not a good fit along side lebron...it jus wouldnt work out...u guys are forgettin tha cavs still have DAJUAN WAGNER..tha guy has MAD game...and cleveland PURPOSELY benched him last year to get lebron cuz he was doin so damn good! he was avg 20+ for his first 15 or so games in his rookie season! if they didnt bench him, he woulda been rookie of tha year no doubt...

Im hoping tha cavs dont trade Miles, they'll becomin boring without Miles and Davis and jus Lebron...i'd like to see Miles and Lebron on tha starting 5....
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:57 pm

friend or not, if they see that a team has interest in him, and can give them something valuable in return, then they will jump on it.
The Plain Dealer: The wheeling and dealing might not be over. There are persistent rumors about trades involving Ilgauskas and Darius Miles.

"We're always looking to improve our club," Silas said. "If something comes about that will improve us, we'll certainly look at it, but we're not actively seeking anything at this point."
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:06 pm

This trade was proof that Ainge really doesn't care about this season, but is trying to build something for the future. When doing this trade, he really didn't take players and coaches concerns into consideration.
The Boston Globe: Ainge took a team on a five-game winning streak with a decent chance of actually winning the division title and, against the express wishes of his coaching staff, put a flamethrower to the 2003-04 season.

He dealt away Eric Williams, one of the undeniable leaders, and Tony Battie, one of the team's best "plus-minus" guys, who also was a decent defensive player. He basically told the coaching staff that whatever chemistry they had established, whatever karma that had kicked in to enable them to start winning, was not important.

"I certainly don't underestimate chemistry, although I think chemistry can be established," Ainge said.

The third Celtic to go, Kedrick Brown, couldn't play. (Why the Celtics even extended him to Year 4 is a mystery.) He was a wasted pick and this deal finally closes the book on the disastrous 2001 draft.

But Williams was maybe the one guy in the locker room who could stand up to Pierce and, when he was here, Walker as well. He'd be there when Pierce and the high-maintenance Davis get into it. There was no masking Jim O'Brien's disappointment in this one. O'Brien said Ainge told him about the possible deal on Saturday and, said O'Brien, "I told him my viewpoints." The coaching staff lobbied against the deal; they saw what we all see, a team with a chance, and saw no reason to blow it up. Now, they basically have to start from scratch.

Davis is the centerpiece of the deal and can be, as Minnesota boss Kevin McHale acknowledged, "a handful." Let's put it this way: Paul Silas, who almost everyone likes, can't stand the guy. This is the player about whom the word "selfish" is used in the same way as "corpulent" is used to describe Shawn Kemp. Davis is now with his fourth team in six seasons (fifth if you count his short stay with the Timberwolves following his signed offer sheet) and he is best known for (a) alienating LeBron James, (b) shooting at his own basket while hoping to get a rebound for a triple double and (c) dissing Pat Riley on his way out of Miami.

Ainge called Davis a "spectacular talent." McHale likes Davis, too. "I think Ricky Davis needs a change of scenery," McHale said last night. "He's a real talented kid. I think he can be fine here." Davis, 24, is athletic, gifted and, according to Ainge, "very, very excited" about the deal. Davis should be. He has worn out every other welcome he's had.

The long-term view Ainge holds sees no Williams here next year anyway, because Williams was in the final year of his contract. But why automatically count Williams out? He has been one of O'Brien's favorites. Battie, like Williams, played hurt and was a big factor in turning the Celtics from laughingstock to playoff team. But Battie also has been on the block for a while.

O'Brien diplomatically deferred to Ainge -- "he has the final authority" -- but he sounded like a losing politician congratulating the winner on election night. O'Brien may have been torn about the Walker deal. There was no such feeling on this one. "We're losing three guys, two veterans in Eric Williams and Tony Battie, and it's very painful."
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:52 pm

anyone know when these guys will play for their new teams? Will it be tomorrow? If so, then we can see Boston's new guys as they go against Dallas. I can't wait to watch that game and hear Walker get booed
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:06 pm

jsm0331 wrote:anyone know when these guys will play for their new teams? Will it be tomorrow? If so, then we can see Boston's new guys as they go against Dallas. I can't wait to watch that game and hear Walker get booed

wow what coincidence...boston faces dallas tommorow for tha first time, and it'll be Ricky Davis' debut with tha celtics...and walker's FIRST GAME against this OLD team IN BOSTON...man coincidence or some planned scheme by AINGE? Man Ainge is really screwing tha celtics over this year...he basically said he doesnt care what coaches say, he is callin tha shots and they'll hafta deal with whatever they get...

Man its gonna be embarrassing for walker to lose to his old team...i expect tha mavs to win this game....they came off 2 dismantling victories over tha LAKERS and tha resurging raptors...can they placate tha renewed celtics? I think davis is gonna screw this team up tremendously...celtics are headed nowhere
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:10 pm

I am going to root for Boston since I hate the Mavs.

Yeah, I don't think Davis will do well with Boston, I hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am. He will hurt their chemistry tremendously, expect this Davis stint to only last this year, unless he can actually help them and not butt heads with Pierce.
JSM

Postby Kobe834 on Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:57 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:there is NO WAY tha cavs will trade miles bcuz miles is James BEST FRIEND...belive it or not...Ricky Davis had a PROBLEM with Lebron "takin over tha team" when he came...Miles and James are tight, and i think Lebron would be upset with management if they traded Miles...whether yall like it or not, LEBRON OWNS management and they'll do whatever they want for him...and i remember magic johnson tellin him that it is HIS team and IF HE HAS A PROBLEM with someone on that team, GO TO MANAGEMENT and get rid of them...im not sayin lebron did jus that, but management knows that Ricky Davis was not a good fit along side lebron...it jus wouldnt work out...u guys are forgettin tha cavs still have DAJUAN WAGNER..tha guy has MAD game...and cleveland PURPOSELY benched him last year to get lebron cuz he was doin so damn good! he was avg 20+ for his first 15 or so games in his rookie season! if they didnt bench him, he woulda been rookie of tha year no doubt...

Im hoping tha cavs dont trade Miles, they'll becomin boring without Miles and Davis and jus Lebron...i'd like to see Miles and Lebron on tha starting 5....

The world does not revolve around LeBron. I guess people still think it does. Trying every way to make him happy. I bet he's getting smuthered up in Cleveland.
Kobe834

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:12 pm

Kobe834 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:there is NO WAY tha cavs will trade miles bcuz miles is James BEST FRIEND...belive it or not...Ricky Davis had a PROBLEM with Lebron "takin over tha team" when he came...Miles and James are tight, and i think Lebron would be upset with management if they traded Miles...whether yall like it or not, LEBRON OWNS management and they'll do whatever they want for him...and i remember magic johnson tellin him that it is HIS team and IF HE HAS A PROBLEM with someone on that team, GO TO MANAGEMENT and get rid of them...im not sayin lebron did jus that, but management knows that Ricky Davis was not a good fit along side lebron...it jus wouldnt work out...u guys are forgettin tha cavs still have DAJUAN WAGNER..tha guy has MAD game...and cleveland PURPOSELY benched him last year to get lebron cuz he was doin so damn good! he was avg 20+ for his first 15 or so games in his rookie season! if they didnt bench him, he woulda been rookie of tha year no doubt...

The world does not revolve around LeBron. I guess people still think it does. Trying every way to make him happy. I bet he's getting smuthered up in Cleveland.

dude whether u like it or not lebron is tha franchise and management will do anything to make him happy, i KNOW him and rocky had problems...so who is tha odd man out? RICKY DAVIS...basically if anyone eelse has a problem with lebron bein tha franchise they can get tha hell out of cleveland
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:04 pm

Getting Davis, may have not been such a bad idea for Boston. According to the guys at ESPN, him and Pierce are good friends who work out together during the summer, and share the same agent. They said Davis got an excellent recommendation from Pierce when he found out they got hi.

It looks like the biggest problem Davis will have, is fitting into the Boston system. He looks a little lost with their plays. But if they are no problems with him and Pierce, which there won't be soon, or at least it looks that way, then they may actually win some games.

Davis has only scored 2 points so far, but has played with great hustle and effort. His first basket as a Celtic was on an alley oop from Pierce, not too bad of a start.
JSM

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:31 pm

the new Cavs have a good debut, all 3 got in double figures in the Cavs loss to Houston.
Battie-played 31 minutes, scored 14 points
Williams-played 31 minutes, scored 11 points
Brown-played 25 minutes, grabbed 7 rebounds, scored 11 points
JSM

Postby JSM on Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:09 pm

in a close win over Dallas (105-103)

Davis played 23 minutes, scored 8 points
Mihm played 8 minutes, didn't score, grabbed 3 rebounds, and played some defense against Forston (who killed the Celtics on the boards, Fortson grabbed 16 rebounds)
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:47 pm

damn that was a huge win by tha celtics, but davis was not on tha floor in those waning moments...

they are bringing mihm and davis along slowly or gradually...they will both work their way into tha starting lineup soon...

davis actually looked HESITANT to take some shots!
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:11 pm

Friday they lost to the Jazz(96-99).

Davis didn't shoot much. He only shot 4 shots (made 2 of them) & scored 8 points in 24 minutes

Mihm-played 22 minutes, shot 4-7 from the field, grabbed 5 rebounds, and scored 9 points

It look like they are trying to teach them the system, and not start them until they know the offense & defense & are familiar with playing with everyone, before they start them
JSM

Next

Return to NBA Discussion