Players that STEPPED UP tonight

Players that STEPPED UP tonight

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:49 pm

T-Mac TORE IT UP in new york tonight, after havin a HORRENDOUS game through tha first 3 and a half quarters, he lit up tha Knicks, sent tha game to OT, and pulled a huge win on tha road for tha Magic...i really respect T-Mac and u GOTTA Love his new adidas commercial, by far thats tha best commercial ive seen since tha kobe sprite commercials...

VINCE CARTER IS BACK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
i saw tha vince from 2 years ago, he lit up tha defending eastern champs with 39 points and he showed me that HES NO GRANT HILL!

Jermaine O'neal showed that hes ready to move on and showed that tonigth againts Carlisle's previous team....Jermaine is tha next prime time power forward behind tha NBA's ELITE power forwards(Duncan, KG, Webber, etc)

KEVIN GARNETT: can you say...20/20 vision? Yes 25 pts and 21 rebounds, after signing that extension its clear that KG means business and not to mention that he got some help from spree cassell and kandi man tonight(15 pts, 18pts, and 11 pts, respectively) and even the MAD DOG stepped in to contribute (9 pts in 28 mins)

ETAN THOMAS: wow who is this guy again? Yes he plays for tha wizards and he was actually selected 12th overall in tha 2000 NBA draft....he hasnt shown much in his career so far, but tonight he impressed, comin off tha bench with 13 pts and 13 rebounds in 31 minutes...atleast they are gettin somethin outta their first round picks...*cough*kwame brown*cough*

CARLOS ARROYO AND RAJA BELL(shaqfan musta been goin crazy): 19 pts and 13 assists from who? yes carlos arroyo and u better believe it! This guy showed promise durin tha preseason and i dont know WHERE he came from but tha jazz have a promising and young team....Raja Bell went on to score 16 pts off tha bench on 7-11 shooting, and these 2 young men led tha jazz to a 99-92 win over tha JAILBLAZERS, which i think is a MAJOR upset! HUGE win for tha jazz since it was tha first time playin without malone and stockton...

and last but CERTAINLY not least...

LEBRON JAMES: "Talk about not being able to handle the pressure"-Nike commercial...yea thats tha total opposite...after tonight, i am almost convinced Lebron is the NEXT BIG THING...he showed tremendous poise and played like a seasoned veteran, he sure as hell didnt look or act like a rookie, better yet an 18 yr old! I think i can put it best by saying what Lebron always said: BELIEVE THE HYPE...25 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, and 4 steals in his FIRST NBA REGULAR SEASON GAME against the SACRAMENTO KINGS(western conference powerhouse i might add), but it resulted in a tough loss...but if you wanna talk about expectations, talk to lebron james, bcuz he exceeded those expectations BY FAR, NOBODY thot he'd even crack 10 points tonight! This guy has proven EVERYBODY wrong and will continue to do that this seasaon...funny how melo had an off night and lebron was on fire? but melo's team won and lebron's lost? interesting...

all in all....ONE HELL OF A NIGHT FOR THA NBA!
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:14 am

Hell yea it was... The Spurs lost, and now they're 1-1.... I really dont wanna see them succeed, and I'm glad the Nuggets got the win over them. I'm upset with the Cavs lost, cuz they came back in the 3rd, and somehow just lost the lead. Bron was settin up Bremer pretty sweet behind the arc, and he knocked those shots down. Then when Bron was outta the game, the Cavs seemed to far apart. But it's not up to him to win them games, it up to the team to. They gotta start winning, to make him look good, not that he is lookin good, but he's doin tha dayam thang.

T-Mac did his thang tonight too. He handled the Knicks in OT, and rejected a Houston shot, that I think woulda tied the game, or the Knicks woulda been up by 1, and that was critical. He set the game in OT, and that was pressure right there. And ur right, his commercial was tight, and dont forget about the Iverson commercial too. Both commercials were sweet. Oh yea, and the sprite commercial with Bron, where he had a "kink in his neck" was tight too... I wanna do that to some people...lmao

I dont wanna judge anyone based on just one NBA game, I'll wait and voice an opinion after a few more have set in. But I do like what I'm seein so far in the NBA.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:35 am

my dumb a$$ bulls lost...i swear man...this sucks. Eddy Curry went like 3/10 .....Jalen 5/13...Jamal C - 5/18...this blows. hopefully this isnt another losing season...or else i probably will be the ONLY real Bulls Fan left. They better step it up.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:21 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:my dumb a$$ bulls lost...i swear man...this sucks. Eddy Curry went like 3/10 .....Jalen 5/13...Jamal C - 5/18...this blows. hopefully this isnt another losing season...or else i probably will be the ONLY real Bulls Fan left. They better step it up.

yea where the hell is tyson chandler? and how did tha bulls lose THAT badly AT HOME aginst tha WIZARDS? I thought Eddy Curry was supposed to have a BREAK OUT year...horrible game for tha bulls...im really rootin for them to make it this year...hopefully wen tyson is back the bulls will get better...
FabFourLakers

Re: Players that STEPPED UP tonight

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:41 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:VINCE CARTER IS BACK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
i saw tha vince from 2 years ago, he lit up tha defending eastern champs with 39 points and he showed me that HES NO GRANT HILL!

i KNEW he was gonna be back, and no damn bust, i was tellin everyone that, i was sure hed come back especially afterr the season tmac had last year

they cousins for gods sake, hes gonna wanna do better then TMAC, and thatll drive him

i say carter will have a crazy season this year
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:43 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Bulls Fan wrote:my dumb a$$ bulls lost...i swear man...this sucks. Eddy Curry went like 3/10 .....Jalen 5/13...Jamal C - 5/18...this blows. hopefully this isnt another losing season...or else i probably will be the ONLY real Bulls Fan left. They better step it up.

yea where the hell is tyson chandler? and how did tha bulls lose THAT badly AT HOME aginst tha WIZARDS? I thought Eddy Curry was supposed to have a BREAK OUT year...horrible game for tha bulls...im really rootin for them to make it this year...hopefully wen tyson is back the bulls will get better...

well the wizards are good, especially now that they got gilbert arenas...i thought they would win, but not so big...how well did pip do? he hinted at gerttin to the playoffs
shaqpak34

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Oct 30, 2003 4:12 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:

well the wizards are good, especially now that they got gilbert arenas...i thought they would win, but not so big...how well did pip do? he hinted at gerttin to the playoffs

Pip barely played, he had like 7 points tho...the bulls neeed to get it together tho....that is embarrassing to lose by 25 pts AT HOME when ur expecting to see if Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford are for real...but Tyson didnt play so maybe he is significant to tha teams' success?
FabFourLakers

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:38 pm

nah tyson wouldnt have lifted the teams twenty five points, or played such great d to have limited the wizards to less than the bulls output

they needed a good game from curry and pip, and they didnt get that, which is why they lost...they need help on D too
shaqpak34

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:03 pm

I like the game Carter had, but what really inspired me was Carlos Arroyo...

yeah, LeBron's hitting his shots too and scoring and dishing the rock and getting steals...an inspiration if he is to get his share of the hand on the torch...but he gets too much hype that I consider it usual for Bron to get this sort of stat line from now on...against the Kings too. Lmao....

But Arroyo, 18 points and 13 assists, who knew he was that hidden gem? He really controlled the tempo and created opportunities for guys who normally can't shoot, like Sasha Pavlovic and Raja Bell. He really was an inspiration to Sloan and this successor to Stockton may be good...and Toronto and Denver overlooked him.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Bulls Fan on Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:40 pm

YEAHHHH MY BULLS WON!!!! Tyson Chandler had a career high 22 rebounds....

ok this is sad but hey its ok.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:01 pm

Uhhh..Rashard Lewis put up 50 on the Clippers in Japan.

Return to NBA Discussion