Playoffs 2013 - One of the worst in NBA history?

Re: Playoffs 2013 - One of the worst in NBA history?

Postby Kasumi on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:57 pm

^^^^
Did you just quote yourself?
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Forward Three on Wed May 01, 2013 11:58 pm

Tonight was certainly an interesting night. Just when you think we're about to mostly move into the second round, suddenly we have a bunch of game 6 situations. At this point though it starts to feel like a formality. Barring some catastrophe. Miami is going to win it again. The Knicks theoretically should be the only challenge they face getting to the Finals but Melo and JR smith just don't seem to have that "it" factor towards getting it done when they need to. Watching Melo tonight was just kind of embarrassing really. It reminded me of the worst Kobe games except even worse than that because at least when Kobe shoots ~30% or whatever he still usually manages to find a way to score 28-30 points or (this season at least) have 10+ assists. Melo was a general contractor with his bricklaying in a closeout situation at home? please. I give Lebron a lot of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], but that isn't going to happen to him or his team.

Hard to see how the Heat don't make the Finals, and when they get there, who is going to challenge them? The Spurs maybe, on paper I guess they could. The Thunder though? seems unlikely with Westbrook out, Durant may be a vicious scorer but like Melo he just seems to be coming up short when he needs to win games. I mean, how is Durant going to go scoreless in the 4th quarter at home in a closeout game? He should have had 50 points tonight, nobody but Durant should have shot the ball for them in the closing minutes, but every time he got it he just looked trepidatious, he passed away on opportunities, he gave weak drives to the basket, turned it over etc.

It's unlikely, but I'd like to see the Grizzlies vs Heat in the Finals. Grizzlies are about the only team I give a crap about anymore at this point, and after seeing so many gutless performances today, it only makes it easier to throw in with Memphis.
Forward Three

Postby Jellincon on Thu May 02, 2013 8:40 am

davriver290 wrote:Not to mention the transition from the "old stars" to the "new stars". I have respect for the likes of Durant/ Lebron and Rose... But the guys have no personality to complement their game. Why do I mean by this?

Look at Shaq... Dominant, arrogant, had a personality, showed it on the court, made it entertaining in many ways.

Same thing for Kobe Bryant. Allen Iverson, shooot, even Tracy Mcgrady.

Now, you have an emotionless and dull Kevin Durant who is a brilliant b ball player. A Lebron who tries so hard to be the "good guy" when he should embrace his "bad guy" role...

A Derrick Rose who is another amazing athlete... but not much else. What I'm trying to say is, these "new stars" and the ever changing rules of the NBA that is "softening up the game" is just making it that much more boring. Emotions aren't allowed to be expressed as much, everything is a technical, fights will get players tossed and suspended for many games.. I have a much better time watching an old crippling Rasheed Wallace and his antics then I do Durant draining amazing threes... (I have Kobe for that )

This.
Jellincon

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu May 02, 2013 9:52 am

yea...it was about 930pm last night and the kind of basketball i was watching was Hack-a-Asik..

it's pretty bad this year
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Doc Brown on Thu May 02, 2013 10:32 am

The Denver/GSW and the Clips/Grizz series have been the only ones that I've enjoyed watching. Every other series is mehh.

It took a 3 OT game for me to be like that game was interesting. (Chi/Nets)
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:39 am

Steph Curry and Marc Gasol have been my favorite players so far this playoffs.

ZBo has been a beast as well.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Iceberg Slim on Thu May 02, 2013 10:50 am

nameant wrote:
Iceberg Slim wrote:I get it though. This is CL lol. If the Lakers aren't playing, basketball is much ado about nothing.

Totally. Except this thread was made and this subject was brought up well before we were even eliminated.

Sure, but Kobe tore his achilles April 11. I think many of us believed we were done right after that happened. Which makes sense. San Antonio or a healthy OKC would have swept us with no Kobe.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Postby davriver290 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Doc Brown wrote:The Denver/GSW and the Clips/Grizz series have been the only ones that I've enjoyed watching. Every other series is mehh.

It took a 3 OT game for me to be like that game was interesting. (Chi/Nets)

not only are they exciting and great games, but are fueled with different personalities that create that "old school" feeling. Like they don't like each other, which is awesome.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby dj vitus on Thu May 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Worst because of all the injuries... but better because it's now so unpredictable.

A lot of us predicted Lakers, Clippers, OKC, Nuggets, and Bulls to all advance... looks like that might not happen!!!
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Finwë on Thu May 02, 2013 10:29 pm

I'd like to add terrible officiating (all season long and it doesn't seem like it's gonna change) to the list of reasons...
Can't believe how bad it's been. IMO one of the worst officiated seasons / early postseason in recent memory.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion