Prince Assured Pistons Won't Include Him In Trade Discussion

Re: Tayshaun Prince for Chris Kaman?

Postby GinoDB on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 am

gcclaker wrote:Jordan provides something that the plodding Kaman does not which is speed and lenght. He can't score one on one to save his life but defensively he is active all over the floor and much more mobile. Jordan though can be foul prone. Kaman is looking like a stiff of late with home fans booing their displeasure.

He can be a nice complement for Griffin and Prince but is a liabililty on offense with a feeble low post game. Opponents will lay off him and Griffin daring them both to shoot outside from six to ten feet. The latter can at least manufacture some points with his athletic ability but that's not to say the former can't improve.

he doesn't need a low post game tho, he just needs to play defense and get out of Griffin's way and do put backs if needed
GinoDB

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:03 am

GinoDB wrote:
gcclaker wrote:Jordan provides something that the plodding Kaman does not which is speed and lenght. He can't score one on one to save his life but defensively he is active all over the floor and much more mobile. Jordan though can be foul prone. Kaman is looking like a stiff of late with home fans booing their displeasure.

He can be a nice complement for Griffin and Prince but is a liabililty on offense with a feeble low post game. Opponents will lay off him and Griffin daring them both to shoot outside from six to ten feet. The latter can at least manufacture some points with his athletic ability but that's not to say the former can't improve.

He doesn't need a low post game tho, he just needs to play defense and get out of Griffin's way and do put backs if needed

Makes sense somewhat...but when defenses are playing off him to help not necessarily double teaming Blake or his teammates, Jordan could help the cause by being able to at least make a shot on his own. It will only relieve some pressure off Blake. Putbacks are fine but it can only go so far. Great defensive teams that rotate well can negate that easily.

With Jordan's size and lenght? There is no excuse for him to make jump hooks or in close J's from time to time. He doesn't have to be a COMPLETE liablity out there causing his teammates playing 4 on 5 offensively on the floor. If opponents say "let's make DeAndre beat us" by letting him catch the ball, deny the others therefore force him to score and he can't, then what?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 am

GinoDB wrote:

he doesn't need a low post game tho, he just needs to play defense and get out of Griffin's way and do put backs if needed

The only potential problem I see here is that Griffin has struggled down on the block when he has had to deal with more than a single defender. I understand that as a rookie ("rookie" in his case) it's always gonna be tough taking on NBA size for the first time in your career, but having Kaman around to draw attention away from Griffin has helped Blake tremendously. If they do move Kaman the Clips would also be wise to go after a veteran big man to use as both a backup and a mentor to Griffin (and Jordan for that matter) as well. A similar situation exists in Washington with a frontcourt comprised of a still young Blatche and a third year youngster in McGee. Both guys show solid potential but with no one to show them the ropes (Haywood was definitely NOT THAT guy) their individual potentials remain fairly unrealized.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:25 am

^Good observation about Griffin's struggles on single defenders. Right now, the plan seems simple. Play the rook for the perimeter shot from mid-range of eight to four feet but keep a body on him in the paint. Griffin has great starts but seems to fizzle as defenders figure his tendencies. Even Del Negro has acknowledged that. Kaman as poorly as he's played so far can at least make a shot from the elbows or short corners forcing his defender to account for him which in turn gives Griffin operating space in the box.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chronz on Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:30 am

The Rock wrote:Kaman is a nice fit here I think they'd be making a mistake letting him go. DeAndre Jordan is terrrrrrrrrible, he had that 1 good game against Bynum and put up a few double doubles last year when he started but ehhhh im not too impressed, saw him live 6 times, he's turrrrrrrrrrrrrible

Its not so much to make room for DeAndre (Though he is improving), its just to save us from Kamans contractual shackles

Johnnyboy wrote:first of all.... LOL at people who think Kaman for prince would be good for the Clippers
2nd.. The only thing worse then mis spelling words on a forum is the people who make it a point to point it out. lol

Prince is DONE. Kaman is a legit 18pts 8 reb 1blk guy. Not the greatest center, but solid.
If anything the Clippers should ship out Baron Davis and his out of shape butt.

LOL at you backing up Kamans worth with outdated per game averages. Hes BEYOND overpaid, hes a cancerous chucker. I loved underpaid 5th option Kaman, but not this version

'Stop laying on the ground if you're not hurt. Just get up!'
~Eva Longoria ~
Chronz

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Chronz...

Before you "LOL" maybe you should know what your talking about before you type ish.

Last year Kaman averaged 18.5 pts 9.3 reb 1.2blks How is that outdated???? they've only played a couple games this year, you can't count this years averages. Put the weed down son.
Johnnyboy

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Deandre sux...These are the same people who wanted to trade Bynum for JO a few years back.
Johnnyboy

Postby GinoDB on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:Deandre sux...These are the same people who wanted to trade Bynum for JO a few years back.

you talking about me ? Im a Bynum homer - I definitely did not want to trade him for JO
GinoDB

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 pm

GinoDB wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:Deandre sux...These are the same people who wanted to trade Bynum for JO a few years back.

you talking about me ? Im a Bynum homer - I definitely did not want to trade him for JO

No. I wasn't talking about anyone in specific
Johnnyboy

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Johnnyboy wrote:first of all.... LOL at people who think Kaman for prince would be good for the Clippers
2nd.. The only thing worse then mis spelling words on a forum is the people who make it a point to point it out. lol

Prince is DONE. Kaman is a legit 18pts 8 reb 1blk guy. Not the greatest center, but solid.
If anything the Clippers should ship out Baron Davis and his out of shape butt.

C'mon, say clippler out loud and try not to laugh. I wasn't saying it to be mean, I thought it just sounded hilarious.

And I agree with you.

People want to build around DeAndre Jordan? Are you kidding me? The kid is nice and all, but he's not very good. He's a decent defender, he's quite athletic, but his offense is awful and he's just not very smart. He's like a young DJ Mbenga. Anyone want to build around DJ? I didn't really think so...

I was jk too. and deAndre sux
Johnnyboy

Postby Chronz on Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:Chronz...

Before you "LOL" maybe you should know what your talking about before you type ish.

Last year Kaman averaged 18.5 pts 9.3 reb 1.2blks How is that outdated???? they've only played a couple games this year, you can't count this years averages. Put the weed down son.

I never said they werent accurate averages, they are outdated because your relying on OUTDATED METRICS.

'Stop laying on the ground if you're not hurt. Just get up!'
~Eva Longoria ~
Chronz

Hawks Interested In Tayshaun Prince?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Hawks Interested In Tayshaun Prince?

Sekou Smith of NBA.com wrote Monday of a trade rumor that would send Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince to the Hawks.

Smith wrote of a deal that would send Prince and perhaps another player, such as Will Bynum, to Atlanta in exchange for Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague.

A league scout told Smith that the Pistons have to do something in regards to their roster.

"Detroit has to do something," the scout said. "They're not going anywhere with the group they have. They know it and everyone else knows it. So Tayshaun or Rip, one or both of them have to be in play if they're going to start the rebuilding process properly."

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/11/0 ... -bubbling/

Stupid trade. Why do the Pistons need another 3 when they have Marvin Williams? And why would they get another 2 when they have Rip?
Kobe8Fan

Re: Hawks Interested In Tayshaun Prince? (Pg. 2)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I don't like that trade for them really... Rip would make more sense than Prince.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KB24 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:52 am

man I can't believe how Prince and Hamilton turned into garbage. Prince is not exactly old either...but he looks like he is done.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:05 am

KB24@CL wrote:man I can't believe how Prince and Hamilton turned into garbage. Prince is not exactly old either...but he looks like he is done.

Hamilton needs a PG that is looking to distribute the ball, and big guys that can set solid picks. Stuckey isn't that PG and Charlie V isn't that big man that will sacrifice his body. also ben gordon is a little bit redudant.

Prince is a step below that because he needs to have good players around him, he can't be the focal point. he's a slasher, spot up 3 point shooter, he's just lost with the mix of players they have.

defensively, without billups and a prime ben and rasheed, these two guys aren't able to carry the burden.

i think the hawks should do this crawford-prince deal. they need a guy that doesn't require the ball in his hands to be effective.
Pig Miller

Postby KB24 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:16 am

^Crawford has really been a catalyst for Atlanta tho...great spark off the bench and he hasn't been out of control like he used to be with the Bulls and Knicks...Crawford has really matured.

I mean Atlanta doesn't exactly need athletes either...they got some of the best in the business. I don't know if that trade would improve them, it might be lateral.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Tayshaun Prince To Hawks Rumor Shot Down

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Tayshaun Prince To Hawks Rumor Shot Down

A rumor reported on NBA.com about the Pistons trading Tayshaun Prince to the Atlanta Hawks is not true, a Pistons source said Monday. The report suggested that Prince and Will Bynum might be traded for former Michigan player Jamal Crawford and Jeff Teague.

http://detnews.com/article/20101108/SPO ... 0416/1127/
Kobe8Fan

Re: Tayshaun Prince To Hawks Rumor Shot Down (Pg. 3)

Postby Congo Cash on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Always in trade talks every year... :man11:
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Pistons Want To Re-Sign Tayshaun Prince (Pg. 3)

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Pistons Want To Re-Sign Tayshaun Prince

Terry Foster / The Detroit News

Auburn Hills — Pistons president Joe Dumars said Tuesday he wants to begin talks to sign Tayshaun Prince to a new contract once the season is done. That is if Prince isn't dealt before Thursday's 3 p.m. trade deadline — and all indications point to Prince remaining a Piston for the final 25 games of the season.

Prince, 30, has said he wants to remain a Piston but would not be opposed to being traded to an NBA title contender. But Dumars hopes Prince remains with the Pistons and said he will trade him only if presented with an unbelievable deal.

Advertisement

Prince is in the final year of his contract; his salary this season is $11.1 million.

"I would," Dumars said when asked if he would like Prince to return next season. "And we've talked about that. Tayshaun has been good here for a long time so I absolutely want to have that conversation at some point."

Prince doesn't think he'll be traded

"It was brought up that if I could go to a team where I could win, my answer was yes," Prince said. "But at the same time, if it did not pan out, of course I would want to finish the final 25 games. I've been through the good times and the bad times. I never once walked in there (to Dumars' office) and said I've got to go. I've struck through the thick and thin."

Dumars said he has been given permission to make trades, despite the possible sale of the team soon. But it is believed he cannot make a trade for a player with a long-term contract or a high salary. He is allowed to trade for draft picks and expiring contracts.

"There are some parameters for us to make a deal," Dumars said. "Yes, I can make a deal, but it has to fit within the parameters."

Dumars said he has had trade talks with many teams over the past few weeks, but added, "Now we don't have a deal to pull the trigger on."

Dumars said he doesn't know if the team will trade Richard Hamilton. He refused comment about the strained relationship between Hamilton and coach John Kuester.

"As I've said before, I will deal with that stuff privately," Dumars said.

http://detnews.com/article/20110222/SPO ... z1EidXzNii
Kobe8Fan

Re: Pistons Want To Re-Sign Tayshaun Prince (Pg. 3)

Postby abeer3 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:37 pm

i don't get why they want to keep him. get a pick and move on. see if someone will take a contract you don't want in addition to him. but he's useless there. they're rebuilding, and he's a glue guy on a title team.
abeer3

Pistons Won't Trade Tayshaun Prince To Dallas (Pg. 3)

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Pistons Won't Trade Tayshaun Prince To Dallas

Detroit won't deal Tayshaun Prince to Mavs for Caron Butler and a 1st. Even if Pistons can't re-sign him, he's asset in sign-and-trade.

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/statu ... 8871866369
Kobe8Fan

Pince Assured Pistons Won't Include Him In Trade Discussions

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:37 am

Tayshaun Prince Assured Pistons Won't Include Him In Trade Discussions

Tayshaun Prince has been assured the Detroit Pistons won’t field trade offers for him, and the two sides have “never” discussed dealing Prince, agent Bill Duffy told RealGM in an extended feature profile.

“I know there are a lot of contending teams that I can help,” Prince told RealGM. “But right now, this is the team I have to help. Everybody wants to be in the position where they have a chance of winning a championship every year, but obviously it doesn’t work that way.”

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... iscussions
Kobe8Fan

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion