Prince Assured Pistons Won't Include Him In Trade Discussion

Prince Assured Pistons Won't Include Him In Trade Discussion

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Trade Rumors Heavier This Year For Tayshaun Prince

Pistons forward Tayshaun Prince isn't worried about hearing his name in trade rumors, but his family is a different story.

"There was some talk last year and the year before, but so much more this year and that's why it's been bothering them," said Prince.

"Last year there were reports of me going to L.A., and they were going crazy about that. It's just part of the business and we'll see what happens."

Prince's name has been mentioned in a number of rumors, but none of them have traction, according to the Detroit News.

"I'm pretty sure it goes for guys around the league. It's just something that happens and you have to move on from it," he said. "I haven't been paying much attention to it, but my family does more than I do."

http://www.detnews.com/article/20100210 ... ade-rumors
Last edited by Kobe8Fan on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Trade Rumors Heavier This Year For Tayshaun Prince

Postby Shadow on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Injuries have taken a toll on this guy. Not quite the same player/defender he once was!
Shadow

Pistons Won't Move Tayshaun Prince Unless He Requests Trade

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:24 am

Pistons Won't Move Tayshaun Prince Unless He Requests Trade

The Pistons won't trade forward Tayshaun Prince unless the veteran requests a deal, according to a source.

The source added that even if Detroit did trade Prince, they'd likely wait until closer to February's midseason trade deadline.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/08/08/mcgr ... ef:nbahpt2
Kobe8Fan

Re: Pistons Won't Move Tayshaun Prince Unless He Requests Trade

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:16 am

What Shadow said. This guy was one of the better perimeter defenders of the era. His length and athleticism made him a tough handle for many of the better perimeter players offensively. Too bad injuries took him down a bit early.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerproduct on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Well he better start demanding one now.
BlackMamba Strikes!
lakerproduct

Postby GNC on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:47 pm

Shadow wrote:Injuries have taken a toll on this guy. Not quite the same player/defender he once was!

Can't believe how far he has fallen. From giving kobe hell in the finals to where he is is at now.
GNC

Postby kevaxe2k2 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:21 pm

Shadow wrote:Injuries have taken a toll on this guy. Not quite the same player/defender he once was!

What injuries? He has been one of the healthiest players in the league.

Last year was the first injury of his career. He played in all 82 games for six years in a row before that. It was in the beginning of the season, missed 30 game so, and when he returned his season stats were all on par with his career averages. The Pistons were just garbage. He is only 30 years old and would be a great pickup for a contender.
kevaxe2k2

Postby ThizGuy83 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:26 pm

if we didnt have artest and barnes already. i say lakers should try to get him. but then again u never know. mitch might pull a surprise move if the team needed it
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Piston Boris on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:33 pm

kevaxe2k2 wrote:

What injuries? He has been one of the healthiest players in the league.

Last year was the first injury of his career. He played in all 82 games for six years in a row before that. It was in the beginning of the season, missed 30 game so, and when he returned his season stats were all on par with his career averages. The Pistons were just garbage. He is only 30 years old and would be a great pickup for a contender.

Prince had a ruptured disc, but avoided surgery and rehabbed ASAP.

He finished the season strong. Over his last 10 games, he had 17 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 4.5 assists.

It's interesting how people who dismiss Detroit for finishing with a 27 win season ignore that its players lost 155 games to injury last year, more than in the last four years combined.
Piston Boris
ClubPistons.com Administrator

Postby kevaxe2k2 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:46 am

I hear that. Yes it stunned me when several people above said Prince was a shell of his former self and because of injuries on top of that. He is one of the last guys in the league that can be said about, actually. He has been remarkably consistent year after year.
kevaxe2k2

Tay for Chris Kaman?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:05 pm

Tay for Chris Kaman?

Here's another name to consider: Clippers center Chris Kaman. Folks are watching what the Clippers are going to do after their 0-4 start, and the Pistons likely would let Prince go for one of the best centers in the league. Kaman also has a 15% trade kicker -- with a maximum value of $7.5 million -- in his contract.

http://www.freep.com/article/20101103/S ... 0388/1051/
Kobe8Fan

Re: Tayshaun Prince for Chris Kaman?

Postby Johnnyboy on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:11 pm

The Clippers are thin at centers as is...why in the world would they do this trade..............oh yeah, there the clipplers
Johnnyboy

Postby Psychobroker on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Why the hell would the Clips do this? :freak2:
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby therealdeal on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Johnnyboy wrote:The Clippers are thin at centers as is...why in the world would they do this trade..............oh yeah, there the clipplers

The hell is a clippler? :man10:

Anyway, this makes almost no sense for LA. Why trade your starting Center for a SF when you have almost no Center depth?... Hm...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chronz on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Psychobroker wrote:Why the hell would the Clips do this? :freak2:

Johnnyboy wrote:The Clippers are thin at centers as is...why in the world would they do this trade..............oh yeah, there the clipplers

Look up Kamans stats and salary compared to Tay

therealdeal wrote:

The hell is a clippler? :man10:

Anyway, this makes almost no sense for LA. Why trade your starting Center for a SF when you have almost no Center depth?... Hm...

Because you have an up and comer in DeAndre and Kaman is beyond overpaid/cancerous

'Stop laying on the ground if you're not hurt. Just get up!'
~Eva Longoria ~
Chronz

Postby GinoDB on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:39 pm

good deal for the Clips, I would assume others would be included on Detroit's end of course but a front court
of Jordan/Griffin/Prince looks energetic and looks like they would have good potential on the defensive end.

do this trade and then find takers for Baron
GinoDB

Postby Chronz on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:04 am

GinoDB wrote:good deal for the Clips, I would assume others would be included on Detroit's end of course but a front court
of Jordan/Griffin/Prince looks energetic and looks like they would have good potential on the defensive end.

do this trade and then find takers for Baron

This guy gets it

'Stop laying on the ground if you're not hurt. Just get up!'
~Eva Longoria ~
Chronz

Postby The Rock on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:13 am

Kaman is a nice fit here I think they'd be making a mistake letting him go. DeAndre Jordan is terrrrrrrrrible, he had that 1 good game against Bynum and put up a few double doubles last year when he started but ehhhh im not too impressed, saw him live 6 times, he's turrrrrrrrrrrrrible

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:35 am

The Rock wrote:Kaman is a nice fit here I think they'd be making a mistake letting him go. DeAndre Jordan is terrrrrrrrrible, he had that 1 good game against Bynum and put up a few double doubles last year when he started but ehhhh im not too impressed, saw him live 6 times, he's turrrrrrrrrrrrrible

Yes. He's not bad defensively but DeAndre is terrible on the offensive end, although if they plan on feeding Griffin down low with Jordan there as the shot blocker/dirty work guy I suppose it isn't too bad of a move for the Clippers. That being said if Detroit really for whatever reason wants Kaman for Tayshaun (even though the last thing they should be doing it taking on a deal with two years and 24.5 mil left on it for Tayshaun's 11 mil expiring), let them, but then they're taking Baron and the Clippers get Ben Gordon. Guy would be instant offense off the Clipper bench which is definitely something they could use. Detroit seems to have a fetish for bad contracts so why not? Hell they'd only have to pay Baron for the next three years as opposed to the four years they'd have to pay Gordon. :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Johnnyboy on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:46 am

first of all.... LOL at people who think Kaman for prince would be good for the Clippers
2nd.. The only thing worse then mis spelling words on a forum is the people who make it a point to point it out. lol

Prince is DONE. Kaman is a legit 18pts 8 reb 1blk guy. Not the greatest center, but solid.
If anything the Clippers should ship out Baron Davis and his out of shape butt.
Johnnyboy

Postby therealdeal on Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:36 am

Johnnyboy wrote:first of all.... LOL at people who think Kaman for prince would be good for the Clippers
2nd.. The only thing worse then mis spelling words on a forum is the people who make it a point to point it out. lol

Prince is DONE. Kaman is a legit 18pts 8 reb 1blk guy. Not the greatest center, but solid.
If anything the Clippers should ship out Baron Davis and his out of shape butt.

C'mon, say clippler out loud and try not to laugh. I wasn't saying it to be mean, I thought it just sounded hilarious.

And I agree with you.

People want to build around DeAndre Jordan? Are you kidding me? The kid is nice and all, but he's not very good. He's a decent defender, he's quite athletic, but his offense is awful and he's just not very smart. He's like a young DJ Mbenga. Anyone want to build around DJ? I didn't really think so...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:05 am

Jordan provides something that the plodding Kaman does not which is speed and lenght. He can't score one on one to save his life but defensively he is active all over the floor and much more mobile. Jordan though can be foul prone. Kaman is looking like a stiff of late with home fans booing their displeasure.

He can be a nice complement for Griffin and Prince but is a liabililty on offense with a feeble low post game. Opponents will lay off him and Griffin daring them both to shoot outside from six to ten feet. The latter can at least manufacture some points with his athletic ability but that's not to say the former can't improve.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Forklift on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:20 am

Why don't Clippers just take Ariza or something. I mean you could trade Chris Kaman for Ariza and another solid player and Ariza would work very well for the run and gun type of play.

Edit: lol i was looking at the players in Hornets and i realized besides David West/Okafor/ Chris Paul and Ariza i don't know how good any of their players are..
Forklift

Postby GinoDB on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:24 am

also if any teams need to do 2 or more for 1 trades(2 of theirs), its Detroit- that roster is a mess, looks like a 5 yr old put it together
GinoDB

Postby GinoDB on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:26 am

gcclaker wrote:Jordan provides something that the plodding Kaman does not which is speed and lenght. He can't score one on one to save his life but defensively he is active all over the floor and much more mobile. Jordan though can be foul prone. Kaman is looking like a stiff of late with home fans booing their displeasure.

He can be a nice complement for Griffin and Prince but is a liabililty on offense with a feeble low post game. Opponents will lay off him and Griffin daring them both to shoot outside from six to ten feet. The latter can at least manufacture some points with his athletic ability but that's not to say the former can't improve.

he doesn't need a low post game tho, he just needs to play defense and get out of Griffin's way and do put backs if needed
GinoDB

Next

Return to NBA Discussion