Proof money doesn't fix crazy: JJ thinks Nets can win 'ship

Proof money doesn't fix crazy: JJ thinks Nets can win 'ship

Postby JSM on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:55 am

Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI

Joe Johnson: "I think we can win a championship this year. I'm not just saying that, I honestly believe it."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Proof money doesn't fix crazy: JJ thinks Nets can win 'ship

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 am

im not just saying this, I honestly disagree with him.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:58 am

Tobias Funke wrote:im not just saying this, I honestly disagree with him.

Win.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:00 am

That makes for a good laugh.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Finwë on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:20 am

netw3rk ‏@netw3rk
"I really do." *chops lines of cocaine* RT @HowardBeckNYT: Joe Johnson: "I think we got a chance to win the whole thing this year"
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:15 pm

Other than Miami at the top, the rest of the EC is up for grabs. The Nets, along with all the other playoff candidates are dark horses.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:49 pm

revgen wrote:Other than Miami at the top, the rest of the EC is up for grabs. The Nets, along with all the other playoff candidates are dark horses.

I disagree. Boston is the best team after Miami in the East hands down. Last year they nearly made the Finals even with all the injuries to Pierce, Allen, and Bradley who didn't even play. Now you insert guys like Terry and Lee, and even Fab Melo and they're a much better team than last season.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Finwë wrote:
netw3rk ‏@netw3rk
"I really do." *chops lines of cocaine* RT @HowardBeckNYT: Joe Johnson: "I think we got a chance to win the whole thing this year"

:man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
revgen wrote:Other than Miami at the top, the rest of the EC is up for grabs. The Nets, along with all the other playoff candidates are dark horses.

I disagree. Boston is the best team after Miami in the East hands down. Last year they nearly made the Finals even with all the injuries to Pierce, Allen, and Bradley who didn't even play. Now you insert guys like Terry and Lee, and even Fab Melo and they're a much better team than last season.

Boston isn't that much better than they were last season. Sure they gave a Miami team with Wade playing like crap and Chris Bosh coming off an injury some trouble last season, but teams like the Nets, 76ers and the Pacers are better too. Boston reminds me of the Pistons in 2007, reaching the ECF every season but never getting back to the Finals again. Meanwhile, teams around them are getting better while they're stagnating.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby thkthebest on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:36 pm

I think Boston is the clear #2 team in the East as long as KG doesn't decline too much.

I also don't think the 76ers got much better. Actually, I think they're going to play around .500 ball like last season.
thkthebest

Postby Congo Cash on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 pm

His PO performance says the exact opposite...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby XXIV on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:43 pm

revgen wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Boston isn't that much better than they were last season. Sure they gave a Miami team with Wade playing like crap and Chris Bosh coming off an injury some trouble last season, but teams like the Nets, 76ers and the Pacers are better too. Boston reminds me of the Pistons in 2007, reaching the ECF every season but never getting back to the Finals again. Meanwhile, teams around them are getting better while they're stagnating.

It's difficult to gauge the level of the Heat and Celtics from last season playoff match-up because of the amount of injuries both teams had to endure. If both teams are healthy I can see Boston proving to be a very tough match-up, but in the end the Heat will prevail. That's not to say the Heat can't lose, but they're head and shoulders above the teams in the East.
XXIV

Postby lakersStan24 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:49 am

celtics are on their way down I expect the knicks not the nets will be the best new york team, nets need a few more pieces around Deron Williams before they contenders their definetly a playoff team though
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Return to NBA Discussion