P.J Prown to re-sign with Hornets

P.J Prown to re-sign with Hornets

Postby murcielago62 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:51 pm

Yay :jam2: The Spurs and Mavs are striking out on everybody! J.O'neal, Malone, Kidd, Elton Brand, Zo. Go Lakers, this is a lock :jam2:
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:57 pm

I'm VERY surprised. Not at the fact that PJ stayed, but that the Spurs and Mavs were not able to get a SINGLE PLAYER this far... with all the money they have, they weren't able to attract anyone.

do you have a link/source though?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Return2Showtime on Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:01 pm

People can still change their minds about where they want to sign.... maybe the Spurs and Mavs are just tring to look a little helpless right now so they'll get more attention from players. Not that either of those teams really need to add anyone to their rosters... except the Spurs need a Center of a PF in place of Robinson.
The additions of Payton and Malone will bring the Lakers back to having talent like they did during the Showtime Era... maybe they can win another championship like the one Magic is holding.
Return2Showtime

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:16 pm

True, but still it must be disappointing for them not to see any signs of a FA this offseason so far. I'd think they'd get at least one guy to commit with all that cash.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakerFan1972 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:20 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:True, but still it must be disappointing for them not to see any signs of a FA this offseason so far. I'd think they'd get at least one guy to commit with all that cash.

I am honestly shocked that the Spurs are having problems attracting free agents. I just hope they spend most of their cap money this year rather than saving it for next year. Next year they could have a shot at Garnett or Kobe. Better for us if they blow their cap on second level free agents now.

I would think that they would try to go after Minny's center Rasho Nesterovic. It would probably take several Mil to get him. Minny really wants him back. I could also see Spurs go after Brad Miller though he will probably end up back at Indy.
LakerFan1972

Return to NBA Discussion