Queens sign former Laker...and other news

Queens sign former Laker...and other news

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 15, 2003 3:34 pm

August 15, 2003

Today, the Kings signed a potato peeler...no, i mean, Anthony Peeler. He's an 120-year, I mean, 11-year veteran who spent his career between Minnesota and L.A. beforehand. Now he's became a disrespectful Queen. I must admit, he's not a bad player at all. He takes care of the ball, plays okay D and abuses the three pointer like his momma made him to.

Minnesota goes to play the Atlanta Hawks in Omaha, Nebraska, in one of their preseason games at October 13. The game is billed as the "U.S. Bank Classic." :man3:

The Portland TrailBlazers have terminated the contract of Arvydas Sabonis today, after they learned that he was going to retire in order to go back to his native European country. He was the talk of several trade speculations involving him and Rasheed Wallace to NJ for Kenyon Martin and Deke, but that trade quickly died down because Sabonis was pissed off at the Blazer's lack of humble people. He left the team because of he hated to be along criminals. Sabonis could have made $7 million come next season, but he chose rest over money.

The Lakers have nearly come to an extension with Phil Jackson, a 2 year $16 million deal. He probably did it because he was impressed with his roster this year and decided to have a go on it for the next two years.

Jason Kidd was pissed off at all the media who said that Kenyon Martin wanted a trade. Of course, Kidd could be lying that Martin was going to be traded.

Karl Malone's mother's funeral is on Tuesday.

The Lakers are reportedly going to get Jim Jackson sometime today.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:47 pm

man.. gay queens signed peeler... i wanted em on the lakers, NOW IF WE DONT JJ IM GONNA BE MAD :disagree: :mad1:
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Aug 15, 2003 4:53 pm

Dude now that the kings have signed peeler, i dont think they are bringing Jimmy Jackson back! NOW the lakers MUST sign Jackson before minny steals another player from the lakers!

Peeler is a solid pick up tho for the kings who traded a couple of great bench players for frickin brad miller. Peeler can hit the jumper and the 3, and he plays great defense when he wants to. He actually did OK on bryant in last year's first round match up against the lakers.
FabFourLakers

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:49 am

How many former Lakers are the queens going to sign???? Man....they sure like to imitate us even when it appears that they truly hate us!!!!
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:05 pm

I guess the Kings can only come close if they have EX Laker players
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:10 pm

L-GYrl....I guess their team motto is if you can't beat....sign their ex-players!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Aug 16, 2003 3:26 pm

LMAO! That makes sence :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:25 pm

Who will they sign next....Magic Johnson!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby JSM on Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:29 pm

I think they made mike penberthy, jerry west, and kareem an offer, if that's their best strategy of playing against us is signing players that we once had, then they are dumber than I thought
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:03 pm

totally...it's not like we have all of these guys who were formerly on the same team...but AP, Vlade, Christie and even Jon Barry at one time? The Kings only resort to stealing leftover scraps in order to get a championship.

Although I must admit...we may be getting that former Queen Jimmy Jackson anyday now....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:13 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:totally...it's not like we have all of these guys who were formerly on the same team...but AP, Vlade, Christie and even Jon Barry at one time? The Kings only resort to stealing leftover scraps in order to get a championship.

Although I must admit...we may be getting that former Queen Jimmy Jackson anyday now....

Yup, its time that we use some of their magic! But truly i dont WANT an ex-queen players, let the kings steal our players, its not like they had a great career with us anyway! But pretty soon the queens will jus be full of ex-lakers...and oh yea if kobe or shaq EVER went to the queens...i'd prolly shoot both of them
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion