Ramon Sessions On Lakers And Joining Bobcats

Ramon Sessions On Lakers And Joining Bobcats

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Kobe8Fan

Re: Ramon Sessions On Lakers And Joining Bobcats

Postby KB24 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:52 pm

I'll miss him. Good kid, very exciting because his speed was really new for us.
he was bad in the playoffs but I wished he would stay. Has high potential, he was just never on a good team to polish his game.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby purp n gold on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:25 pm

We've killed him on the board saying he should stayed & back up Steve Nash. But I don't fault him for: opting out, wanting to start and wanting to come home. He's good enough to start in Charlotte. I almost hate to say it, but here is a reasonable case where winning isn't everything. The guy plays basketball for a living, and he's worked to play on his own terms.

Good luck Ramon.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby gcclaker on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Sessions injured his shoulder prior to the playoffs and was never the same since. The severity of it was never disclosed but he did not have the same smooth stroke on his outside shot [not fluid to begin with] and never drove with authority again.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby BadCoaching on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:46 pm

I wish he'd have stayed.. I see a lot of untapped potential for sure. His speed/athletic side is ridiculous. He left people standing still quite often, that's rare in this league.
BadCoaching

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:22 pm

I really wish he would have stayed...He could have learned alot from nash. I don't think he even come close in terms of shooting like nash b/c nash is like one of the better shooting PGs of our generation but Sessions could have learned about passing from nash.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Admittedly, I didn't watch the video...

But I'm still laughing at this kid and the opportunity he missed out on. Learning behind Nash, playing with Dwight, Kobe, and Pau. He could have seriously been perfect for our bench...

Now he's going to go to a perennial suckfest of a team... Too bad he didn't want it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Should have stayed...and funny thing is, he signed only a 2 yr deal with Charlotte...it wasn't even "long term" like he was lookin for....I think he comes back to us in 2 yrs when Nash is 40 and ready to teach the young fella a trick or two. I really liked him and I think he can develop into a nice PG in this league if he improves his shot and he gets stronger on D.
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:17 pm

KB24 wrote:I'll miss him. Good kid, very exciting because his speed was really new for us.
he was bad in the playoffs but I wished he would stay. Has high potential, he was just never on a good team to polish his game.

Me, too. Loved his speed - would have been great for him to back up Nash and learned from the master. Ah well.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby MadMax on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 pm

therealdeal wrote:Admittedly, I didn't watch the video...

But I'm still laughing at this kid and the opportunity he missed out on. Learning behind Nash, playing with Dwight, Kobe, and Pau. He could have seriously been perfect for our bench...

Now he's going to go to a perennial suckfest of a team... Too bad he didn't want it.

This.

I still can't help but shake my head at Sessions. He was embraced upon his arrival here in LA. To pass up a chance to play a pivotal role on a contending team for a lottery team in Charlotte was just plain lame, in my view. He would of been great for our bench, and I feel he would of benefited a lot more by staying a Laker.

As you said though...he didn't want it (to be a champion), so good riddance I suppose.
MadMax

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:19 pm

$500k
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:08 am

He got us out of Luke's contract, as far as I'm concerned we should retire his number.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby artuditu on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 am

I really liked this kid, it's true he wasn't the same after his shoulder injury, and maybe that's the reason for his underperformance in playoffs.

I understand he left, after having finally the chance to be a starter then your team brings in Steve Nash... He could have been patient, be a 6th man again, learn from Nash, and in 2 years inherits the PG starting spot in a great franchise... But I understand he didn't want to wait again.

Who knows, he only signed 2 years with the Bobcats, maybe his and Lakers' path could cross again at some point.
artuditu

Postby noobiew on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:25 am

He must has been thinking that if Steve Blake can get a 4 yrs 16 million contract from us, the Lakers must have been able to offer him a similar contract as well, it's a reasonable plan but sadly that he was wrong.

I don't blame him though and I still like him
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:55 am

MadMax wrote:

This.

I still can't help but shake my head at Sessions. He was embraced upon his arrival here in LA. To pass up a chance to play a pivotal role on a contending team for a lottery team in Charlotte was just plain lame, in my view. He would of been great for our bench, and I feel he would of benefited a lot more by staying a Laker.

As you said though...he didn't want it (to be a champion), so good riddance I suppose.

Well to be fair, he said that he wanted to be a Laker, but after we acquired Nash, he started to consider other teams. Said Charlotte was one of the first teams to contact him when free agency started, and that he couldn't pass up an opportunity to be closer to home and play in front of friends and family, especially his grandparents.. Hard to dislike his reasons IMO.
GoldHammish

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:12 am

I don't hate on him for leaving. I liked the kid and thought his injury and the bright lights of LA got to him.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:50 am

GoldHammish wrote:
MadMax wrote:

This.

Well to be fair, he said that he wanted to be a Laker, but after we acquired Nash, he started to consider other teams. Said Charlotte was one of the first teams to contact him when free agency started, and that he couldn't pass up an opportunity to be closer to home and play in front of friends and family, especially his grandparents.. Hard to dislike his reasons IMO.

I don't dislike his reasons, I just don't happen to agree with him. He's making enough money right now in his life that he can fly his grandparents out to LA and buy them a part time house to live in while he plays here. Not to mention, that as a Laker he'll be on TV almost every night.

I don't hold anything against him, I just wish he wanted to win more that's all. It's too bad he didn't.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Last I tuned in to his situation, Sessions wanted long term security. He felt the Lakers did not guarantee that. He does not want to be relegated to spot minutes anymore though I don't know if the scenario in Charlotte would be any different. Some here may be correct that the pressure there would be much, much less unlike with L.A. so he can thrive and further his career with more minutes.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby jamabile on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:10 pm

I don't think he ever got used to playing here. He thought he was going to be a starting PG for the Lakers and then we acquired Nash. He started to look for other teams and found Charlotte appealling because he could be home. I don't fault that.

However, he did give up an opportunity of a lifetime; he could have picked up his player option and been backing up Nash getting playing time due to Nash's age and back; he would been a perfect backup. I'll miss him. He has potential. Oh, well. Good luck...
jamabile

Postby dj vitus on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:19 pm

purp n gold wrote:We've killed him on the board saying he should stayed & back up Steve Nash. But I don't fault him for: opting out, wanting to start and wanting to come home. He's good enough to start in Charlotte.

I can see Sessions starting if Kemba Walker's shooting and overall game don't improve. I know Charlotte brass seems high on Walker, so they will probably have him start at the beginning of the season and see how it plays out.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby GoldHammish on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:30 pm

therealdeal wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:
MadMax wrote:

This.

I don't dislike his reasons, I just don't happen to agree with him. He's making enough money right now in his life that he can fly his grandparents out to LA and buy them a part time house to live in while he plays here. Not to mention, that as a Laker he'll be on TV almost every night.

I don't hold anything against him, I just wish he wanted to win more that's all. It's too bad he didn't.

I wish he stayed with us too; I didn't necessarily mean to direct my post at you, so much as to try and off set the hate that he's seemingly getting for his decision.
GoldHammish

Postby purp n gold on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:46 pm

dj vitus wrote:
purp n gold wrote:We've killed him on the board saying he should stayed & back up Steve Nash. But I don't fault him for: opting out, wanting to start and wanting to come home. He's good enough to start in Charlotte.

I can see Sessions starting if Kemba Walker's shooting and overall game don't improve. I know Charlotte brass seems high on Walker, so they will probably have him start at the beginning of the season and see how it plays out.

From what I've seen in Kemba, I don't think his pg skills are at all close to Ramon's. If they're smart they'll utilize Kemba as a spark/scorer of the bench. I think the Cats are higher on MKG anyhow.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:57 pm

GoldHammish wrote:I wish he stayed with us too; I didn't necessarily mean to direct my post at you, so much as to try and off set the hate that he's seemingly getting for his decision.

Fair point. I definitely am low on the kid. I think he made a mistake with this one, but I definitely still hope for the best for him.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 am

He had me until "we're young...the expectations aren't high" with a smile... no thanks.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:34 am

He's just happy to be in the league , no further ambition ...

I mean it's cool to want to play in front of your friends/family for a team which stinks when you are a veteran and about to retire ... but at 26 years old ? LOL ..
wcsoldier81

Next

Return to NBA Discussion