***Random NBA-related thoughts***

Postby KB24Gold on Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:20 pm

Mourning has 9 blocked shots against the Knicks so far in the 3rd :man4:
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby ballin on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:17 pm

kobe is the best player in the league.
ballin

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:19 pm

LakerBaller7 wrote:Mourning has 9 blocked shots against the Knicks so far in the 3rd :man4:

Dang that is sick. :man4:
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby lakerfool on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:20 pm

Zo's a BEAST. I hope they start Shaq and zo in the same front court
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby d.James on Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:40 pm

LakerBaller7 wrote:Mourning has 9 blocked shots against the Knicks so far in the 3rd :man4:

Fantasy boon! Marcus who?!?
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby KB24 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:39 am

d.James wrote:

Camby can do a lot more than Zo. Zo is just the better shot blocker at this moment of his carrier. He is not that much of an offensive threat anymore and his rebounding is solid but nothing special. BUt 9 blocks are insane :man4:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby scheven on Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:42 am

strikemode14 wrote:

Dang that is sick. :man4:

definitely a candidate for DPOY this season
scheven

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:39 am

Zo is playing like beast - 9 blocks in 24 minutes! :man4:
Blazers rookie Martell Webster is playing very well last games - tonight 10 points in pretty close game, then he had only 3 points, but @ Miami 13 points in 7 minutes... In Miami's game he played in garbage time, but in tonight's game wasn't any kind of garbage time, cuz it was close game...
If he continues to develop, he will turn into greta player.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby d.James on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:43 am

KB8@CL wrote:
d.James wrote:

Camby can do a lot more than Zo. Zo is just the better shot blocker at this moment of his carrier. He is not that much of an offensive threat anymore and his rebounding is solid but nothing special. BUt 9 blocks are insane :man4:

I'm sorry, I was just cheering for my fantasy team. I thought Marcus Camby was sitting out last night (both are on my team) and he got enough blocks to cover him. Camby ended up playing. I currently hold a 12-0 lead in blocked shots thanks to Zo!

(Yeah, I wouldn't care, either. Just skip over this post.)
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:16 am

I've noticed that Knicks are playing very good in 2nd half, when they mostly break the game and turn it into win, if they're trailing. Example - last Saturday vs. 76ers they had 12-15 point deficit all 1st half and a half of 3rd quarter, but in 2nd half they closed the gap and in OT Knicks got win, after excelent Nate Robinson's game winner. Similar situation was tonight - Knicks won 4th quarter by 16 point margin and beat Bull...
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby bouncyman on Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:38 pm

d.James wrote:

Marcus Camby... the guy who just went for 16 points, 16 boards and 8 blocked shots!!! hahaha madness!! Zo and Camy going at each other for the block title this year. I wonder if either one of them will get a triple double with blocks. lol
bouncyman

AI

Postby LAdynasty on Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:38 pm

"Paul Pierce doesn’t believe things are entirely as they appear with Iverson’s reputation for taking big hits. “I think people who just watch the game look at it as more of a physical thing than it really is,” said Pierce. “I think he’s a great actor also. You know, like when he comes off the screen and the big man hedges and he falls to the ground and gets to the free throw line? He played football. He’s a natural athlete. He knows how to fall.” Boston Herald
LAdynasty

Postby DWadeIsGod03 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:48 pm

Kendrick Perkins is a beast... 12 pts 19 rebounds for the Celtics.
DWadeIsGod03
Clublakers Rep: Heat

Postby TalkieWalkie on Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:15 am

In other news, Sasha Vujacic has finally played a few minutes of NBA calibure basketball..... Who woulda thought.......

Also, Bowen is the greatest defender of all time...no other player can shut down guys and not get a single foul called on him........ most respected player in refereeing history...................
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:26 am

Highlights of the Night

-Ariza posterizing Big Ben

-Rip's season high game...big 40

-Zo's 7 blocks in 34 minutes

-the worst matchup of the season. Hawks vs Raptors. Entering the game, the two teams had only won 3 games combined. Hawks manage to lose to the worst game in the NBA. Charlie V has a game winning layup. It was actually the matchup in NBA history with combine records, just saw something on that on Sportcenter. JJ scores a career high 34 points.

-Mo Williams had a career night. 35 points, including a game winner against the Wiz. tonight.

-Pierce's 43 points on 21 attempts. First 40+ point game in two years.

-Suns comeback from 17 down at the half to beat Nuggets. Eddie House had 9 straight points in the final two minutes.

-Camby...another amazing one. 33 points, 20 rebounds, 3 blocks, 3 steals, and 2 assists in the loss.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KB24 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:58 am

First 40+ point game in two years
Man Peirce could get 40 on any given night. In the last 2 years he really stopped just scoring and has learned to play team ball.
Camby was insane again :man4:
And Zo get blocks like other people points. Its ridiculous.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakerfool on Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:22 am

warriors, top pacific first time since 92
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby KB24 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:06 am

lakerfool wrote:warriors, top pacific first time since 92

People said they suck, it was luck last year... and they proved everyone wrong, they can make the playoffs since they play a great offense.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:51 am

How we could blow out 18-point win and loose by 5. I would accept everything if we would still turn this game into victory, but... we lost
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby lakerfool on Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:36 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
lakerfool wrote:warriors, top pacific first time since 92

People said they suck, it was luck last year... and they proved everyone wrong, they can make the playoffs since they play a great offense.

It's because of one man. BARON DAVIS. If he's not the starting PG of the ASG, then there will be something wrong w/ fan voting.

And if you've wathched the warriors, their defense hasn't been bad either. At one point they were 2nd in the league in opponent FG%. They dont' have individual good man on man defenders, but their team defense is pretty good. And Foyle is truly having a breakout season. A DPOY candidate imo. his defense has really been one of the keys this eyar. putting up 5 pts, 7 reb 2 blk. yeah, he gets 8 million, but i think 8 million for that production is more worth it htan 5 million for Jerom James 0 and 0 production
lakerfool

Postby JSM on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:58 pm

It's official, Hawks are the worst team I've ever seen....EVER. They were down by 37 tonight to the Suns, when both team's starters were in. They were able to cut that to under 20 when the scrubs were in, but that doesn't matter. The game was never close. I wish the Suns would have kept the starters in just to make it known around the league just how bad the Hawks are and that they don't deserve a spot in the NBA. I'm really ashamed to be in the same city as such crap.

Also, I've never heard a player get booed that loud every time he touched the ball (not named Kobe), like Joe Johnson did tonight. Suns fans really don't like him for leaving.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:04 am

The funniest thing JSM is that the Hawks will likely win the lottery and pick Rudy Gay yet another tweener swingman :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakerfool on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:13 am

jsm0331 wrote:It's official, Hawks are the worst team I've ever seen....EVER. They were down by 37 tonight to the Suns, when both team's starters were in. They were able to cut that to under 20 when the scrubs were in, but that doesn't matter. The game was never close. I wish the Suns would have kept the starters in just to make it known around the league just how bad the Hawks are and that they don't deserve a spot in the NBA. I'm really ashamed to be in the same city as such crap.

Also, I've never heard a player get booed that loud every time he touched the ball (not named Kobe), like Joe Johnson did tonight. Suns fans really don't like him for leaving.

They are the ones getting the last laugh w/ DIAW putting up 10 pts, 6 reb, 6 assists..his play is just amazing

I feel sorry for Marvin Williams being in that SF filled bench..he finally got some PT tonight it looks like :jam2:
lakerfool

Postby lakerfool on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:14 am

KB8@CL wrote:The funniest thing JSM is that the Hawks will likely win the lottery and pick Rudy Gay yet another tweener swingman :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

tell me about it :man8:

Aldridge would be an IDEAL choice for them..though Gay is the better talent
lakerfool

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:16 am

lakerfool wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:The funniest thing JSM is that the Hawks will likely win the lottery and pick Rudy Gay yet another tweener swingman :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

tell me about it :man8:

Aldridge would be an IDEAL choice for them..though Gay is the better talent

I would also pick Aldridge. A F/C is what they need but I also know their affinity to swing men :man12: , No honestly they will go by need this time instead of talent. They MUST take Aldridge

KB24
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion