***Random NBA-related thoughts***

Postby SOAD on Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:50 am

d.James wrote:
SOAD wrote:I can see why he wouldn't be drafted now, but damn I wish we had gotten him when we had the chance. Haha, oh well.

Can you imagine it? The 1996 draft - Kobe Bryant and Ben Wallace - can you say "best draft ever?" Can you see Shaq and Big Ben playing alongside each other? They would be the king of Offensive boards and authority dunks. Better tandem than Duncan/Robinson. Hands down, the Lakers would've been the best defensive team in the league. I don't think anyone would've gotten a title in since 1998. Del Harris might have a couple. That really is a thought.

But I'm glad he's alongside Rasheed and McDyess in Motown. He's given me a lot of great memories as a fan of the Pistons.

Now Darko on the other hand... :man5:

I would gladly give up your great memories for more memories for myself. Just playing. :mhihi:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby d.James on Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:39 am

In The Key wrote:Come on man, Darko's gettin some pt and taking advantage! at least defensively. a little.

He's played exactly 22 minutes in five games (of 12) this month. He appears, to me, to be regressing closer and closer to last year's role (he's averaging 6.8 mpg down from 6.9 last season, 7 of his 9 DNP-CDs have come in December).

He had a great game in Milwaukee, where they cheated him out of about 3 blocks (2 points, 2 blocks in 10 minutes). It doesn't look like much, but these points and blocks didn't come when the game was already decided; he helped the Pistons take control of the game. Outside of that, he looks like Darko Milicic of last season with a great preseason to get people off his back.

All it did was raise my standards of what he should be doing for this team. I still remain optimistic - I mean Tayshaun Prince looked like complete bust in his first 9 starts for this team (5 in regular season, 4 in 2003 Conference Finals). It's just getting a little harder to defend an extra warm chair.
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:49 am

Darko had such a nice pre-season and his butt was benched again.There is something wrong with him.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:30 am

WTF happened to Antoine Walker?

He was HHHOOORRRRIIIIIBBBBLLLLEEEE against the Lakers. :scurred:

damn he was worse than Smush and Sasha and Luke (and I´m teelin you they were TERRIBLE).

He sucks real bad. How can Toine play 28 minutes, shoot barely 40%, take 5+ threes a game with a horrible stroke....wow

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Camilo on Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:45 am

How old is Ron Artest?
Camilo

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:48 am

Camilo wrote:How old is Ron Artest?

KB24
Site Admin

Postby High IQ on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:01 am

KB8@CL wrote:

and Odom is 27, right? :man1:
High IQ

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:07 am

High IQ wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

and Odom is 27, right? :man1:

H ealso turned 26 few weeks ago

KB24
Site Admin

Postby High IQ on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:12 am

damn :bang:
but Artest is better than Odom anyway.

Salim Stoudamire is gonna be a good player. :jam2:
High IQ

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:12 am

KB8@CL wrote:WTF happened to Antoine Walker?

damn he was worse than Smush and Sasha and Luke (and I´m teelin you they were TERRIBLE).

He sucks real bad. How can Toine play 28 minutes, shoot barely 40%, take 5+ threes a game with a horrible stroke....wow

I honestly believe this. Antoine Walker is the worst player in the NBA. No joke. i literally think he's the worst player.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby In The Key on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:19 am

Shaq is the most immature player in the NBA.

Official "LA Lakers will defeat Phoenix in Round One" Club. PM to join.

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby High IQ on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:19 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:

I honestly believe this. Antoine Walker is the worst player in the NBA. No joke. i literally think he's the worst player.

I agree that he is not that good, but he is not worst. no way. there are players in NBA like Slava or Samaki Walker, or some scrubs noone knows about. no way Antoine is worst. :nono5:
High IQ

Postby In The Key on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:20 am

High IQ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

I agree that he is not that good, but he is not worst. no way. there are players in NBA like Slava or Samaki Walker, or some scrubs noone knows about. no way Antoine is worst. :nono5:

Aaron McKie sucks. I thought he was going to be our "triangle point guard."

MoneyMike...KrazyIvan909...nameant...Massacre_184...magicmoment...KoBeXo8...Bballgirl85...Sharpshooter...Nezter...anyone else believe?
In The Key

Postby In The Key on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:22 am

High IQ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

I don't know why you guys think Slava sucks. Remember when Karl was out? He was averaging like 20 and 10. When given time, he can excell. Even Kobe says so. He can shoot the rock, and rebound, at 6'10, that's hard to find. If you ask me, the only bad part in his game is his defense. But he's an offensive machine!

In The Key

Postby extreme on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:23 am

In The Key wrote:
High IQ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

Aaron McKie sucks. I thought he was going to be our "triangle point guard."

Yea, I also thought he would get minutes and maybe be our starting PG, score 10pts a game.
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby Camilo on Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:25 am

High IQ wrote:damn :bang:
but Artest is better than Odom anyway.

Salim Stoudamire is gonna be a good player. :jam2:

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: I wanted the Lakers to trade somebody fro a late 1st round draft pick to get him. i guess not
Camilo

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:53 pm

In The Key wrote:
High IQ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

I don't know why you guys think Slava sucks. Remember when Karl was out? He was averaging like 20 and 10. When given time, he can excell. Even Kobe says so. He can shoot the rock, and rebound, at 6'10, that's hard to find. If you ask me, the only bad part in his game is his defense. But he's an offensive machine!

He's an offensive machine ? In the beginning of the year phil jackson benched him for most of the games. I dont think Phil Jackson would bench an offensive machine. Slava sucks. but id take him over Antoine any day.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:22 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
In The Key wrote:
High IQ wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

He's an offensive machine ? In the beginning of the year phil jackson benched him for most of the games. I dont think Phil Jackson would bench an offensive machine. Slava sucks. but id take him over Antoine any day.

Lakerfan36 are you kidding? I hate Walker but come on dude Slava sucks more than anyone in the history of basketball. :man10:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Camilo on Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:52 am

Tim Duncan got a haircut :bow:
Camilo

Postby d.James on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:07 am

Camilo wrote:Tim Duncan got a haircut :bow:

Any word as to why it took him this long? Was he waiting for a paycheck?
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby High IQ on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:58 am

d.James wrote:

lol
but I use to like his hobo look. :man5:
High IQ

Postby Camilo on Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:02 pm

High IQ wrote:
d.James wrote:

lol
but I use to like his hobo look. :man5:
LMAO :man10: :man10:
Camilo

Postby JSM on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:22 pm

Wade and Bron got a triple double tonight and Pierce came close (31 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds)

Nelson scored a career high, 31 points, in the loss against the Raptors.

Magic managed to do something they've never done before and that was to only grab 21 rebounds (franchise low).
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:03 pm

I Think the Lakers Should Win A Game Before The All-Star Break. :mhihi:
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Good matchup in progress between T-Mac and Bron.

T-Mac: 28 points
Bron: 30 points

end of the 3rd
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion