***Random NBA-related thoughts***

Postby slimjim on Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:36 pm

andre igoudala should get more offence running through him.

shooting the clip at 57.1% and from downtown 52.6%

the boy can play offence and literally shut down any guard in the league.

he is gonna be something special
slimjim

Postby halekulani on Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:41 pm

slimjim wrote:ike diogu is gonna suprise a lot of people this year.

yeah when he got dunked on by little deron ;)
halekulani

Postby lakerfool on Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:36 pm

halekulani wrote:
slimjim wrote:ike diogu is gonna suprise a lot of people this year.

yeah when he got dunked on by little deron ;)

who cares, i like his attitude of at least going for the block.

he had 2 blks in that game in 15 minutes of play..and had some nice post moves. I like players who aren't scared of hurting their little egos w/ a posterization
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby lakerfool on Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:37 pm

LakerBaller7 wrote:Nate robinson with the game winner :jam2:

i remember speculation that he could slip down to us :man6:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby JSM on Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:34 pm

Zo and Dwight had a good battle tonight in the Magic's W.

Zo-15 points, 21 rebounds, 4 blocks

Dwight-15 points, 16 rebounds, 4 blocks
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakerfool on Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:00 am

Ike Diogu fans

15 pts 7 boards (3 offensive) in 21 min and he's not even in b-ball shape yet
lakerfool

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:39 am

Ike is straight outta injury and tonight he put up good numbers, but mostly he scored in garbage time. As ya'll know, GS won in a blow-out win tonight against Raps...
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:47 am

jsm0331 wrote:Zo and Dwight had a good battle tonight in the Magic's W.

Zo-15 points, 21 rebounds, 4 blocks

Dwight-15 points, 16 rebounds, 4 blocks

Dwight is playing insane lately

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:49 am

Lebrons supporting cast
Marschall 0-9 (0-5 from 3)
Damon Jones 0-6 (0-4 from 3)
Ziggy 2-10
Hughes 3-16

:man10: they shot 31% as a team at home. Minny plays defense BTW

KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakerfool on Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:36 pm

^yeah, don't matter how well lbj plays, if his supporting cast stinks up like they did against the wolves. That's the thing about shooters, they sometimes have their offnights
lakerfool

Postby d.James on Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:40 pm

My favorite pic of this young season:

With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:10 pm

Who does Ron think he is? Rodman? He's having things etched in the back of his head, like the Bull that Rodman had.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:17 am

jsm0331 wrote:Who does Ron think he is? Rodman? He's having things etched in the back of his head, like the Bull that Rodman had.

True Warier! :jam2: That's his nickname in rap industry! :jam2:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:33 am

we suck

KB24
Site Admin

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:34 am

LO must go...Ship him to NY for Starbury and maybe a big man. Maybe we go add on more to get us Curry as well now that Frye is doing so well.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:46 am

strikemode14 wrote:LO must go...Ship him to NY for Starbury and maybe a big man. Maybe we go add on more to get us Curry as well now that Frye is doing so well.

Is Curry, Marbury and Kobe championship material? We would have to screw the 2007 plan.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:35 am

KB8@CL wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:LO must go...Ship him to NY for Starbury and maybe a big man. Maybe we go add on more to get us Curry as well now that Frye is doing so well.

Is Curry, Marbury and Kobe championship material? We would have to screw the 2007 plan.

Yeah but, to be honest who are we going to really get...All the big time FA's will be all locked up by then. I say we start to build now. Marbury gives us a second scoring option we need and Curry gives us a player that we can use to go in and out. I say in a few years when Bynum is ready he can be our PF and Curry center with Mihm coming off the bench.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby lakerfool on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:36 am

KB8@CL wrote:

ODOM'S contract sucks too. it's not like his would expire 07, so this wouldn't hurt the 07 plan

Odom/Sasha/miami's first for Starbury/Lee

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THEY WILL GIVE UP FRYE
lakerfool

Postby d.James on Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:43 am

The trick is to make the trade before he's doing well so the price is lower now that the Lakers don't have the assets to waive infront of teams (Shaq, Caron Butler). Like if LA was high on Channing Frye on draft day, how about a trade - Frye for Bynum and a throw-in like an extra pick or a player.

Now is not the time to trade for Channing Frye.
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
d.James

Postby d.James on Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:10 am

jsm0331 wrote:Who does Ron think he is? Rodman? He's having things etched in the back of his head, like the Bull that Rodman had.

Before the ever-changing color hair, before the tattoos and the piercings, this is the wildest thing Dennis Rodman would do (1990-1992). At that time, he used to buzz "Wild Thing" into the back of his hair in various different patterns. The Pistons even marketed him that way. I'm not sure if this is in every NBA city, but the Pistons do these features which are very low budget, and extremely popular, setting players highlights to a song. For instance, the Pistons put their 2002-03 highlights "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. In the verse each time it comes around "This opportunity comes once in a lifetime" it shows Tayshaun Prince in his first start, Ben Wallace starting in his first All-Star Game, and Rip Hamilton playing in his first playoff game. So they are a little cheesy, but the energy of the music and the highlights is unexpectedly effective to fans.

This is a long round-about way of saying that the Pistons made one of these videos with Dennis Rodman highlights playing "Wild Thing" by the Troggs.

But this is about Ron Artest, and all I can say is that I have already seen this. Come up with something new that doesn't get you suspended for a season.
d.James

Postby d.James on Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:41 am

I just wanted to point out that Brent Barry is not the first player kiss that David Stern received at a ring ceremony. I know at least of one other player doing it - Isiah Thomas. It wasn't as ferocious, but there is a definite peck. Check out the DVD set of the 25 years of Champions, 1989-90 for the visual.
d.James

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:43 am

lakerfool wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

ODOM'S contract sucks too. it's not like his would expire 07, so this wouldn't hurt the 07 plan

Talk was about Marbury AND Curry ( and his little heart secret)

KB24
Site Admin

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:14 pm

d.James wrote:

The trick is to make the trade before he's doing well so the price is lower now that the Lakers don't have the assets to waive infront of teams (Shaq, Caron Butler). Like if LA was high on Channing Frye on draft day, how about a trade - Frye for Bynum and a throw-in like an extra pick or a player.

Now is not the time to trade for Channing Frye.

Whoa I never say anything about Frye...I was saying since Frye is doing so well right now the Knicks would be a little bit more incline to give up Curry.

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby lakerfool on Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:46 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
lakerfool wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

Talk was about Marbury AND Curry ( and his little heart secret)

oops missed that

And curry's heart, i'm pretty sure he's fine..the knicks wouldn't risk lawsuit by lettinghim play

but curry's contract does suck

I'd like a deal of Odom and sasha amd maybe miami's for Starbury and Ariza or Starbury and Lee..that would truly benefit us IMO
lakerfool

Postby gill on Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:11 pm

Here's my thought I've had for a while now regarding my other team, the Raptors: Jalen Rose ruins this young team's chemistry. I just noticed in their last two games and today as well, whenever Rose is on the floor the offense becomes stagnant. Also, Rose doesn't allow Bosh to get any touches.

I mean, if this Raptors losing streak continue, I not only expect Babcock and Mitchell to go but Rose to get traded afterwards.
gill

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion