Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Bill Ingram ‏@TheRocketGuy 26s

Source confirms Raptors working "hard" to move DeRozan and Lowry....but the price for both is "surprisingly high."


https://twitter.com/TheRocketGuy/status ... 9549003777
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10200
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby therealdeal on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Pau for Demar/Lowry :jam2:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39832
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 pm

therealdeal wrote:Pau for Demar/Lowry :jam2:


Add Amir Johnson in there and you got yourself a deal.

Or, send Lowry/Derozan to NY with Melo heading to LA and Shumpert/Felton heading to TOR. :man1:
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9732
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby Rooscooter on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Pau to Memphis….. Z-Bo and Blake to Toronto…. Lowry, Derozen and Amir to LA. ( I have no idea if the money works out but hey this is complete fantasy anyway)

We fill two holes and avoid Melo….. :man1:
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22533
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Amir won't be a throw in to any deal.

I could see Demar/Lowry or Lowry/Johnson if we could get them a 1st round pick. That's what Toronto wants.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19415
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby Rooscooter on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:28 pm

^^This is the Raptor's we're talking about here…… they've thrown in All Stars in the past…..
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22533
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Rooscooter wrote:^^This is the Raptor's we're talking about here…… they've thrown in All Stars in the past…..


Masai Ujiri is the GM. He isn't stupid when it comes to trades.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19415
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby kenzo on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:24 pm

DeRozan is a chucker (great fit next to Young and Kobe) so NO :freak2:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5935
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby abeer3 on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:59 pm

I think there are some teams that should want derozan (teams that can't score from the perimeter in the half court), but that's not la.

I think every team should want lowry. I just love that guy's game. his previous asking price was a late lotto pick; he should fetch that again. derozan's trickier because of his long term deal.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10355
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby Rooscooter on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:16 pm

abeer3 wrote:I think there are some teams that should want derozan (teams that can't score from the perimeter in the half court), but that's not la.

I think every team should want lowry. I just love that guy's game. his previous asking price was a late lotto pick; he should fetch that again. derozan's trickier because of his long term deal.


Lowry looked like he was going to take the next step a couple years ago. I too like his game but there's something more than meets the eye with him. From the outside he looks like a 4 tool PG.... a fairly rare thing but for some reason he's not wanted in one place for very long.

I'd give him a try in our offense. I think he could prosper under MDA.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22533
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby v1n5anity on Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:Pau for Demar/Lowry :jam2:


:man10: I hope that was a joke.

lakerfan2 wrote:Add Amir Johnson in there and you got yourself a deal.


:man10: :man10: :man10: you guys have to be kidding

Ujiri wants no part of that. Raptors are looking for some picks and Lakers can't offer that.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby therealdeal on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 pm

Obviously we're kidding. I didn't think anyone couldn't understand that. Yikes.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39832
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:42 am

Well we are talking about Lakers fans here. Posts like those are made in a serious manner all the time.
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:16 am

Hey you never know.

You're talking about a team who wants financial flexibility as well. Pau's expiring 19M contract would be huge for them.

And it's not like all trades are always equal. Kwame for Pau? Al Jefferson for KG? Don't count anything out and make a fuss about just because YOU think it's unrealistic.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9732
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:24 am

Ok so, you weren't kidding lol (just as I thought)

First, Raptors are looking for flexibility, yes. But at the same time they won't give up 3 of their best assets for just an expiring contract with no picks and no prospects. That's crazy. Even the Lowry to Knicks trade is better than that (something like Felton, THJ/Shumpert, and 2018 first).

Second, Kwame for Pau was NOT a lopsided trade. It only looked like that at the time. Jerry West isn't dumb. He's the one who pulled the trigger. Realize that we gave up the draft rights to Marc Gasol, and 2 firsts (2008 and 2010). So as you can see, Grizzlies got cap relief (Kwame), a young prospect with great potential (Marc Gasol), and draft picks. They later used that cap space to sign Randolph iirc. At the end of the day, you must also realize that cap space means more to some teams than others. Raptors are one of the teams who don't necessarily benefit hugely from it. Lots of players are against signing with Toronto (higher taxes and being in Canada are 2 reasons why). It's why the Raptors often have to pay a premium (overpay) to get some guys to sign there.

As for the KG trade, he had demanded a trade. Wolves had no leverage. Raptors are not in the same boat. Those guys are a tight group and actually want to be there.

So not is it only extremely unrealistic, it's also a really bad trade. Lowry/DD for Pau alone would be a bad trade for Raptors (with no draft picks being received). And yet you want them to add Amir Johnson :man10:. So you're saying you wouldn't pull the trigger for Lowry/DD for Pau alone? Really?
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:41 am

v1n5anity wrote:Ok so, you weren't kidding lol (just as I thought)

v1n5anity wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Pau for Demar/Lowry :jam2:


:man10: I hope that was a joke.

lakerfan2 wrote:Add Amir Johnson in there and you got yourself a deal.


:man10: :man10: :man10: you guys have to be kidding

Ujiri wants no part of that. Raptors are looking for some picks and Lakers can't offer that.

Check who you're quoting before you act like you know more than me. It's not complicated.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39832
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:48 am

v1n5anity wrote:Ok so, you weren't kidding lol (just as I thought)

First, Raptors are looking for flexibility, yes. But at the same time they won't give up 3 of their best assets for just an expiring contract with no picks and no prospects. That's crazy. Even the Lowry to Knicks trade is better than that (something like Felton, THJ/Shumpert, and 2018 first).

Second, Kwame for Pau was NOT a lopsided trade. It only looked like that at the time. Jerry West isn't dumb. He's the one who pulled the trigger. Realize that we gave up the draft rights to Marc Gasol, and 2 firsts (2008 and 2010). So as you can see, Grizzlies got cap relief (Kwame), a young prospect with great potential (Marc Gasol), and draft picks. They later used that cap space to sign Randolph iirc. At the end of the day, you must also realize that cap space means more to some teams than others. Raptors are one of the teams who don't necessarily benefit hugely from it. Lots of players are against signing with Toronto (higher taxes and being in Canada are 2 reasons why). It's why the Raptors often have to pay a premium (overpay) to get some guys to sign there.

As for the KG trade, he had demanded a trade. Wolves had no leverage. Raptors are not in the same boat. Those guys are a tight group and actually want to be there.

So not is it only extremely unrealistic, it's also a really bad trade. Lowry/DD for Pau alone would be a bad trade for Raptors (with no draft picks being received). And yet you want them to add Amir Johnson :man10:. So you're saying you wouldn't pull the trigger for Lowry/DD for Pau alone? Really?


I know we're currently depleted with injuries, but you just don't fill your roster up with two more backcourt players where we already have a 3 deep at each position. Obviously, Blake or Meeks may be involved, but Derozan's contract is not friendly at all. I like his game, he's a good kid, but he's not worth 9M/year over 4. Nick Young is producing at the same rate for a fraction of the price, not to mention, he would come cheaper.

So no, I would not do that trade. If it were Lowry/Johnson, yes, I would do that. At least, we can fill the PF spot with Hill moving to C, and not have a drop off in the front court.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9732
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:59 am

therealdeal wrote:Check who you're quoting before you act like you know more than me. It's not complicated.


Well let me break it down for you since it's obviously complicated for you.

You said:

therealdeal wrote:Obviously we're kidding. I didn't think anyone couldn't understand that. Yikes.


"We're" would refer to the both of you. So yes, I was correct in saying I thought he was serious.

I thought you were serious too, but you said you weren't. That's fine.

I guess it's not that complicated after all...
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:52 pm

v1n5anity wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Check who you're quoting before you act like you know more than me. It's not complicated.


Well let me break it down for you since it's obviously complicated for you.

You said:

therealdeal wrote:Obviously we're kidding. I didn't think anyone couldn't understand that. Yikes.


"We're" would refer to the both of you. So yes, I was correct in saying I thought he was serious.

I thought you were serious too, but you said you weren't. That's fine.

I guess it's not that complicated after all...

It's not! Because when you say "you" without quoting a person or making it obvious who you're talking to, then you're referring to all of them. Namely me.

Be more clear with your posts and less condescending. It'll make for a better environment.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39832
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby v1n5anity on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:27 pm

therealdeal wrote:It's not! Because when you say "you" without quoting a person or making it obvious who you're talking to, then you're referring to all of them. Namely me.

Be more clear with your posts and less condescending. It'll make for a better environment.


I saw that you deleted your previous post. You want me to be less condescending? Fine. But you're only saying that because you realized you were mistaken. In the post you deleted you were asking if I actually even read the quotes I post (repeatedly) because you thought I was wrong. But I can easily ask you the same question because as you are aware by now, I never quoted Doc Brown.

I will be less condescending from now on, as long as you are as well. I don't have a problem with you, or anyone else on this site. The only guy I truly dislike was KeepBynum. I'm sure I wasn't the only one and we can probably all agree it's a good thing he's gone :man10:
User avatar
v1n5anity

 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby noobiew on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Kinda surprised here to see that they want to move DeMar DeRozan, guy is still young and improving, consider for his price I think he should be a keeper.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby abeer3 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:40 pm

I think the problem with derozan is that he's got a kobe-like game without the kobe-like skills. that was the knock on nick young prior to this year (and why he was available at vet min). I like derozan's attitude and his willingness to work on both ends, so I think the raptors would be wise to keep him.

in any case, no way the lakers can get either lowry or derozan, imo. nor do I believe the tweet that generated this thread. I bet teams are calling Toronto for derozan and lowry, not the other way around.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10355
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby KB24 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:38 am

If you are working "HARD" to trade someone but his price is "surprisingly high"...that makes no sense. It means you aren't trying hard.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55543
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:07 pm

v1n5anity wrote:
therealdeal wrote:It's not! Because when you say "you" without quoting a person or making it obvious who you're talking to, then you're referring to all of them. Namely me.

Be more clear with your posts and less condescending. It'll make for a better environment.


I saw that you deleted your previous post. You want me to be less condescending? Fine. But you're only saying that because you realized you were mistaken. In the post you deleted you were asking if I actually even read the quotes I post (repeatedly) because you thought I was wrong. But I can easily ask you the same question because as you are aware by now, I never quoted Doc Brown.

I will be less condescending from now on, as long as you are as well. I don't have a problem with you, or anyone else on this site. The only guy I truly dislike was KeepBynum. I'm sure I wasn't the only one and we can probably all agree it's a good thing he's gone :man10:

I forgot this existed. Yeah, I messed up. The reason I was so defensive was because of the tone of your responses. That was uncalled for.

I don't have any problems with anybody... but yeah KeepBynum was rough.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39832
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Raptors Working Hard To Trade DeMar and Kyle Lowry

Postby trodgers on Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Damn. Chill, y'all.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46213
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando


Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scissors and 7 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.