Rasheed Wallace was 12 mins away from Finals MVP

Rasheed Wallace was 12 mins away from Finals MVP

Postby LAKERS4LIFE on Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:22 am

Remember that first year the Lakers won the championship? The Blazers faced the Lakers in the western finals and were leading by 15 entering the 4th quarter but just totally fell apart and lost. Then the Lakers went on to beat the Pacers and win the championship

Back then the east sucked too and was evident the west champ was going to win it all. And Rasheed Wallace was the leader of that team and obviously would have won MVP.

I remember this evidently because I am an avid Laker fan and watched those games. Wallace played great and had lots of good plays. It's amazing how far he's fallen. Since the trade talks people have just been criticizing him over and over. He brings a lot of intensity on the floor. I can't believe that this guy now is stuck in Atlanta and will be playing the rest of the year working for a contract and even talks of taking the mid-level exception in New York.

Imagine if the Blazers had won the championship that year. Imagine Wallace as a finals MVP. How things could have been.
LAKERS4LIFE

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:09 am

That was probably the greatest game in Lakers history and NBA history. The Blazers of 00 were so damn good it was crazy, they had Rasheed, Shrimp, Grant, Stoudimire, Pippen, Sabonis, Smith, O'Neal, Anthony.

To bad they never show that game on ESPN Classic.

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:04 pm

When I read the title of this topic i smiled, remebering that game, THAT PLAY, that championship! I desperately want that whole series on DVD, or VHS or something!
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Mookie on Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:24 pm

Shrimp.
LOL!!
Mookie

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:29 pm

Schrempf or whatever.

Damn that team was good though, seriously, Wallace, Stoudamire, Smith, Pippen, Wells, Sabonis, Davis, Grant, Kemp, Strickland, Schrempf.

They had a really good team, but nothing compared to our 67 game winnning team. What a year.

Postby SWOL on Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:01 pm

THEY DIDNT HAVE KEMP THAT YEAR HE CAME EVEN AFTER DALE DAVIS WHO WAS ALSO NOT ON THAT BLAZERS TEAM IN 2000
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:18 pm

The Blazers had that game won but fortunately for the Lakers they choked big-time in the 4th quarter. Since then Portland's never recovered and the Lakers have a dynasty. Isn't it funny how one game can change everything? :man1: And Posto, the game HAS been shown on ESPN Classic! In LD2K's video of that game 7, you can see the channel's logo in the corner.
lakerzrule

Return to NBA Discussion