ratings for finals lowest in 22 years

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:11 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Actually even if a player leans in to draw the foul, it's the defenders fault if his hands aren't straight up while this is occuring. This is what Bowen forgot to do. His arms were intentionally all over Kobe because he knew what Kobe was tryin to do. This is why he's makin a big deal about this foul in game 5. They shown tons of replays on TNT, and even that inside take so we can hear what's goin on... Kobe asked the ref why wasn't the foul called, and Kobe explained that he tried to draw the foul, and that Bowen's arms weren't up, but down on him. The ref went on to say that he failed Physics in HS, and that we wouldn't know anything about that :freak2:

Well once again the foul is in the eyes of the beholder. I thought Bowen's arms were up. I guess it is all in who you root for. From my seat I think that Kobe and Shaq get away with everything. But I guess Laker fans don't see it that way. Right?? I thought Danny Crawfords explanation of flunking physics proved that even refs see it differently. Tim was hacked to death last night in Jersey however I guess the refs decided that they didn't want to watch Tim shoot poorly from the line. Kenyon Martin is a thug. I thought he should of fouled out in the third quarter. Seeing is believing.
Spurfanatic50

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:13 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:hey u should register SpursFanatic

I did register on Club Lakers old message board. Maybe I should register on the new one. Only if it doesn't get too hostile in here. Ya'll take care.
Spurfanatic50

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:12 pm

Register.... 4real :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:25 pm

it isnt really hostile here. everyone has a fair say; its all love playa
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Reddy on Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:00 pm

Hostile
what do you mean?
We got a dynasty....... why cant we deserve to be a lil arrogant or hostile
kings got no rings and they are hostile, thats what true hosility is

my opinion
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:28 pm

well, my opinion is that we shouldn't be hostile here. like i've been saying, what distinguishes our site from Kingsfans.com is that we're open and we allow all opinions. however, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't "come strong" as our slogan says. the only thing that i find retarded is when people attack other people personally for no reason. we saw this with KobeStoper and the fake thug that went after MikeDog. personally, my opinion is that we should only smack personally in self-defense. i think we should be known as a classy forum as well as a forum that "comes strong." What do yall think?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:50 am

The ratings are a result of crappy offensive teams, along with a horrible coverage by ABC.

The NBA should just go back to NBC and leave Tolbert and Walton behind.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:57 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:The ratings are a result of crappy offensive teams, along with a horrible coverage by ABC.

The NBA should just go back to NBC and leave Tolbert and Walton behind.

Thank you.... The ratings suck because of this... Sure the finals are about havin the best 2 teams battle for a championship, but it has actually been another bad series... The announcers are boring to listen to, and to top it off, we gotta watch the game too... lol.. jk.. nah but ABC shouldn't televise nationally, and if they do, they better change that "sea sick" upper camera angle, and Walton and Tolbert... MAN...!!!

Oh yea, and no matter what, I'm never gonna become a hostile, arrogant fan. Just because we won 3 titles in a row, doesn't make it right for us as fans to become arrogant, cuz we cant win them all. I know how it felt to be a die hard fan growin up, watchin players leave, and being titleless. Then in 99 when Phil came along we had a ring in that season the 99-00 year... Man, it was a beautiful feeling, to be a Lakers fan all mah life, and never witness a title run like this one, the 1st of 3 in a row... Those memories as a child growing up, i'll always remember, and arrogance, and hostility will never be a part of me, because I know how it feels to be a loyal die hard fan without titles...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:26 pm

Even if the Lakers are in the FINALS, I will still have a hard time watching ABC because their announcers are too judgemental and idiotic.
Walton and Tolbert sounds like these idiot GUESTS that come in here, and puts some stupid comments in order to get a reaction from everyone else.

I'd rather watch Paul and Stu!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:31 pm

Oh how I miss Chicky Baby in these days of ABC brodcasters :nono2:

Anyways, not only are these two... two... well uh, NON-exciting teams (there ya go), but the basketball is unbelievably horrid...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:40 pm

Agree with you LD2K.

I guess when Chick was with us, I kinda took him for granted at times. Now, I really miss the guy!!
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:43 pm

It's just so funny how all the sangs every announcer uses today was created by our own Chick. For example, "Slam Dunk" was created by Chick....
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:52 pm

At first I did not know that Chick coined the phrase Slam Dunk. I just assumed that it came when the game was invented.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:54 pm

Yup. He has invented many descriptive phrases, called Chick-isms. Also, Chick was the first to describe the distance of a shot in feet...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:58 pm

If Chick was alive, he would have yelled at Shaq and the rest of the team about their poor play and they would have gotten a lot better this year. I love his honesty!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:02 pm

Me personally, I am rooting for Byron Scott, hoping he can pull of the miricle. Then this season will be officially over, and we can start looking at the draft, offseason moves, preseason and another run at a title. I personally feel like if we are not going to win it, who cares who does, unless of course another former Laker (Byron Scott) can pull it off! :man4:
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:04 pm

I am definitely pulling for the Nets. Other than the Byron factor, I just despise the Spurs.

Also, the reason this FINALS are so boring is because of Tim Duncan. I know he is a great player, but watching this guy is like watching a turtle walk across a street. VERY BORING!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:08 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself :man10:
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:14 pm

I honestly do love the Nets for an Eastern team for alot of reasons...

And I do hate the Spurs for ALOT of reasons...

• They eliminated us in 2nd round
• I hate the Spurs
• I hate the Spurs
• And of course, I hate the Spurs

So as you can see I don't like the Spurs to much... GO NETS!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:31 pm

It's over finally, now we can get down to reclaiming our title!!!! :man9:
Lakerfantilidie

Postby spurfanatic50 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:28 pm

Lakerfantilidie wrote:It's over finally, now we can get down to reclaiming our title!!!! :man9:

Don't think so. Spurs Rule!
spurfanatic50

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:01 am

It's true... now teams can prepare for the next season, and that's just waht we have in mind... Remember, it's much harder to protect a title already won, so lets see where that leads up to...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:37 am

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:It's true... now teams can prepare for the next season, and that's just waht we have in mind... Remember, it's much harder to protect a title already won, so lets see where that leads up to...

Just basking in the glow. Enjoying the feeling. :jam2:
Spurfanatic50

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:20 pm

ummmmm.......yea....... :boxing1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:45 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:ummmmm.......yea....... :boxing1:

Well since the Lakers have one so many titles you should know how it feels. Just because we have only Two Titles, we should appreciate them more. Next year will come quick enough. You should know that.
Spurfanatic50

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion