ratings for finals lowest in 22 years

Postby Reddy on Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:50 pm

hahaha lol :man10:

teh playoffs are boring crap wihtout the lakers who actually would WANT to watch it........so yeah great fact

next year they'll be up, cuzz the lakers will be in it enroute to the 4 in 5 ! :bow:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:45 am

Well the NBA wanted more money in tha 1st round, and I'm sure they made bank on it... It's not really all about the ratings, to me anyway, cuz teams will win regardless if people giva a care.. But it's those fans who support out players, and teams... Give it up to the NETS! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:33 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

that was directed to David Stern. (oops someones job is in jepordy...hehe)
ABC SUCKS!!! he should of stayed with NBC!!!!

I really miss the NBC theme song of the NBA
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:51 am

The playoffs have been over for me this whole month...so I would agree with the assessment that they are boring and low rated...
Snakell Beast

Postby Reddy on Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:44 am

yeah, watching duncan's boring games are just a totall waste of time......and seeing the refs give every call to his innocent face.........and yes, I miss very very much NBC's theme, ABC"s theme sucks now, they gotta create another one, but yeah i don't care bout ratings much either, but just a cool fact, to emphasize that the playoffs are nothing without the lake show in it, cuzz the dynasty aint over da whole league knows and so does teh lakers if they work out and get into shape, and when our laekrs are back in it next year........high ratings!!!!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby FirstLady on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:18 pm

I thought game 3 last night was kinda interesting, although Jersey lost.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 09, 2003 12:18 pm

The ratings will be up when ABC quits while they're not ahead, and leaves tha NBA games to tha NBC peeps... I miss that NBC theme song too!! Man I guess ESPN Classic will do then.. JK... well the ratings will sky rocket when the Lakers are in the finals next season.. It's all a matter of time and patience... Hold ur horses... :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:36 pm

LG3,

I bet you can't guess you wrote that NBA theme song for NBC.....

it was JOHN TESH.... crazy huh?... I saw him on Conan O'brian performing it for the last time
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby The Old Schooler on Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:52 pm

Hey! I agree with all of you. This years Finals are boring to watch. I guess most of us are just plain spoiled by the Lakers being there 3 years -in-a-roll. Game #3 last night...... :man4: Was it like both teams were stuck on stupid or something! I remember the score being tied at 30-something in the third quarter.

Jason Kidd is starting to reminder me of CAL Jason. Is it me, or is his jumper gone fishing before the season is over? Tony Parker is playing like a man fighting for his job! I'm starting to feel like Tony can rest easy about losing the staring spot after doing Kidd like a muppet on a string for two games.

Hey! This is just ugly!!!
CONNECTED IN THE GAME SINCE 1980
The Old Schooler

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:59 pm

I remember mah dad tellin me who did that song for the NBC theme... He told me a while back when I was younger, I guess I forgot tha mans name.... Dayam, I woulda never thought of the one who did the song even though I like it so much... thnx for tha info!
LakersGyrl2003

Finals were boring last year

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Mon Jun 09, 2003 2:37 pm

I know it must suck not getting to watch your team in the finals. And maybe the ratings are low. However in San Antonio they are very high. I bet they are in New Jersey as well. Sorry it can't be entertaining for ya'll every year. And Duncan's game ain't boring. Opinion's vary. Yes ABC does suck. Why does Bill Walton have a job???

Reddy wrote:yeah, watching duncan's boring games are just a totall waste of time......and seeing the refs give every call to his innocent face.........and yes, I miss very very much NBC's theme, ABC"s theme sucks now, they gotta create another one, but yeah i don't care bout ratings much either, but just a cool fact, to emphasize that the playoffs are nothing without the lake show in it, cuzz the dynasty aint over da whole league knows and so does teh lakers if they work out and get into shape, and when our laekrs are back in it next year........high ratings!!!!
Spurfanatic50

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:01 pm

But watchin Duncan is boring... But it's not all about the ratings, or whatever, it's the way the game is played, u know? Sure Duncan gets the job done, but he chokes in clutch situations. And it's matter of opinion of his game is boring to watch, cuz I feel like it is too.. There's no spark in his game that amazes me, he's just good at what he does.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe's Empire on Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:27 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH THATS GRAVEY

see, now the pathetic gay NBA will know to call the games evenly, THAT WAY THERE IS NO WAY THE LAKERS WILL LOSE. because the lakers are the greatest force in the world. and when the game is called how it should be, the lakers destroy anything in their path.

btw, i still havent forgott [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] BOWEN's foul on kobe in game 5 that wasnt called. I HOPE BOWEN BURNS AND SUFFERS!!! ahahahaha

go to hellps queens!! go to hell spurms!!!![/b]
Kobe's Empire

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:12 pm

What foul. What game were you watching???

Kobe's Empire wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH THATS GRAVEY

see, now the pathetic gay NBA will know to call the games evenly, THAT WAY THERE IS NO WAY THE LAKERS WILL LOSE. because the lakers are the greatest force in the world. and when the game is called how it should be, the lakers destroy anything in their path.

btw, i still havent forgott [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] BOWEN's foul on kobe in game 5 that wasnt called. I HOPE BOWEN BURNS AND SUFFERS!!! ahahahaha

go to hellps queens!! go to hell spurms!!!![/b]

Postby Reddy on Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:03 pm

KE specifically said GAME 5......
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:29 pm

Guest, if u dont know what foul he's refeerin to, then I gues u weren't watchin the game. :disagree:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kobe's Empire on Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:59 pm

BOON, u stupid idiot, GUEST, I WAS WATCHING GAME FIVE, THIS IS A LAKERS FORUM, now go [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] urself u pathetic [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Bowen is a dirty [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] player and once hte refs call it evenly, kobe owns everyone. UR JUST A [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] LAKER HATE U HO.

looks like u werent watching the game......btw, u mess with 1 laker fan, u mess with all the laker fans u [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
Kobe's Empire

Postby BDG on Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:32 pm

yo KE i respect your passion as a laker fan, but you need to CHILL! whoever the guest was he (or she) wasn't as bad as others. although you are allowed to, you don't need to insult other guys personally for expressing their opinions. that will only make our site look like kingsfans.com, cuz we won't allow any other opinions to be voiced (although we definitely do).

at the same time, I do agree that Kobe doesn't get a lot of calls, but Bruce Bowen isn't a dirty [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] player. You look at guys that throw elbows and set dirty picks and then call em dirty players (i.e. Stockton and Malone in their prime). Bowen plays straight up defense, and although I don't care for him as a player, he isn't dirty.

We lost that series because our roster was thin. I don't buy into a "2003 conspiracy" at all.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kobe's Empire on Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:58 pm

true, i do have to bit my lip because we laker fans do everything with class, and i got out of hand, but when someone takes any type of swip at kobe or my lakers in any way shape or form, i turn into a monster.

but from now on, no more, we r not queens, we are lakers

good lookin out dunkgiant
Kobe's Empire

Postby LakerLady on Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:40 pm

For the Spurs guest, a few facts and figures:

-- Ratings are down 40% from last year's Finals, which means it isn't only L.A. that isn't watching. Bad news for the network. It also means a sweep by the Lakers brought in more viewers than a series that went into NJ tied.

-- The panel on Jim Rome's TV show today unanimously agreed that this is a boring and second-class series. As one commentator put it, "This is like watching two teams who shouldn't be here."

-- Same commentators as above said that Duncan's game was good, but boring.

-- A radio commentator said the series has been the worst offensive display ever.

We Laker fans know we're not completely objective, but these opinions all come from independent sources.
LakerLady

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:53 pm

nice figures LakerLady.... that stats were cool also... hehehe

Next time when DAVID STERN starts picking favorites to go to the finals he should realise its consequences. There was no way in hell BOWEN could check KOBE. BOWEN should of fouled out twice in one game with all the hacking he was doing to KOBE. How was that not a foul in the last minutes of game five!!! It also explains why KOBE elected to pass the ball to a wipe open HORRY instead of taking a foul from BOWEN who was caught in the air. KOBE probably realized that no foul was being called so he didn't want to risk contact with BOWEN and elected to pass to HORRY. If that game was called straight the LAKERS would of definitely won.
A message to STERN. Next time tell your GOONS (refs) to call the game properly. STERN we all know you were protecting your DUNCRAP. You didn't want him to get embarrassed so all the calls was in favor of S.A. Before you start picking favorites keep in mind........
.......NOBODY WANTS TO SEE DUNCRAP PLAY!!!!!he's too boring!!!!

KOBE OUR REAL MVP
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:07 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:nice figures LakerLady.... that stats were cool also... hehehe

Next time when DAVID STERN starts picking favorites to go to the finals he should realise its consequences. There was no way in hell BOWEN could check KOBE. BOWEN should of fouled out twice in one game with all the hacking he was doing to KOBE. How was that not a foul in the last minutes of game five!!! It also explains why KOBE elected to pass the ball to a wipe open HORRY instead of taking a foul from BOWEN who was caught in the air. KOBE probably realized that no foul was being called so he didn't want to risk contact with BOWEN and elected to pass to HORRY. If that game was called straight the LAKERS would of definitely won.
A message to STERN. Next time tell your GOONS (refs) to call the game properly. STERN we all know you were protecting your DUNCRAP. You didn't want him to get embarrassed so all the calls was in favor of S.A. Before you start picking favorites keep in mind........
.......NOBODY WANTS TO SEE DUNCRAP PLAY!!!!!he's too boring!!!!

KOBE OUR REAL MVP

Well I guess everyone will jump on guest. Well being objective is one thing---- I guess not everyone is a fan of DUNCAN. I can understand that. We don't like Shaq down here in San Antonio and he went to High School here. However I don't think that was a foul in game five. Kobe tried to lean and it didn't work. :man6: I am just glad that there won't be anymore asterisk talk. If we happen to beat the Nets in two more games the only thing you can say is---- The Spurs will be the Champions. Not nearly as good as a threepeat, but two championships in five years is still pretty damn good. And as far as the ratings are concerned WHO GIVES A DAMN. We sure as hell don't. Watch some other boring [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] show. And Jim Rome got his [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] kicked by Jim Everett a few years ago. What does he know!
Spurfanatic50

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:53 pm

Actually even if a player leans in to draw the foul, it's the defenders fault if his hands aren't straight up while this is occuring. This is what Bowen forgot to do. His arms were intentionally all over Kobe because he knew what Kobe was tryin to do. This is why he's makin a big deal about this foul in game 5. They shown tons of replays on TNT, and even that inside take so we can hear what's goin on... Kobe asked the ref why wasn't the foul called, and Kobe explained that he tried to draw the foul, and that Bowen's arms weren't up, but down on him. The ref went on to say that he failed Physics in HS, and that we wouldn't know anything about that :freak2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby BDG on Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:55 pm

good point SpursFanatic, the lakers and spurs have DOMINATED the NBA for the past 5 years. I feel that our series WAS the NBA Finals.

and i agree with you kobefan. I don't think Kobe wanted to take the risk of putting up that three when bowen was above him. he didn't trust the refs, because of the shaky job they had been doing for the past few years. he'd rather kick it out to horry, big shot rob, for a wide open three. i believe that shot determined who would win the series. if he hit it the momentum would have swung so much in the lakers' way.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:56 pm

hey u should register SpursFanatic

BDG
Retired Admin

Next

Return to NBA Discussion