Reason why Pacers are #1 in tha league...

Reason why Pacers are #1 in tha league...

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:04 pm

THEY HAVENT PLAYED ANY OF THA POWERS FROM THA WESTERN CONFERENCE YET!!!!!

They've only played THREE western conference teams, denver, seattle and LA clippers!! all 3 missed tha playoffs last year...so they have YET to play some TOUGH teams...

And it all starts now, after a quick 3 game home stand, they will go on a road trip that includes tha lakers, suns, blazers, kings and more! time to start losing pacers!!
FabFourLakers

Postby wongy on Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:03 pm

:man10: Typical Pacer trend... start strong and S-L-I-D-E when it counts... :man10:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby Kobe834 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:55 pm

Yeah, but if someone is gonna face the Lakers in the Finals, it'll be the Pacers. with a great coach and everything, they are the best in the east now with the loss of chemistry in the Nets.
Kobe834

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:32 pm

well they just KILLED minnesota today...and id consider minny a powerhouse of the west because theyw ere on a huge winning streak and looked as though they were finally rolling...

final score was 98-75

jermaine o neal is steppin it up..but KG :man4:
shaqpak34

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:19 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:well they just KILLED minnesota today...and id consider minny a powerhouse of the west because theyw ere on a huge winning streak and looked as though they were finally rolling...

final score was 98-75

jermaine o neal is steppin it up..but KG :man4:

yea but minny hasnt been playin THAT good anyway...still wont believe they are good enuff til they play us
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:17 pm

They may have not played any "powerhouse" Western teams yet, but you can't deny they are pretty damn awesome this year.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 27, 2003 12:47 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:They may have not played any "powerhouse" Western teams yet, but you can't deny they are pretty damn awesome this year.

yea i MUST admit they are playing GREAT under carlisle...i guess it was a GREAT move after all by bird...Ron Artest is lookin like an ALL STAR this year, and J O'neal is provin his worth as one of tha top PF's in tha league...i think their biggest test of this season will be against tha lakers on sunday...if they beat us, THEN i'll believe they are that damn good...
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:25 pm

Yes, for anybody to believe they can defeat the western teams, in a sense, is kind of dreaming. The Western teams are far to strong for any Eastern teams to contend with, especially in a 7 game series.

But Indiana is playing ball, no doubt about it...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:30 pm

ever since the Pacers shelved Jamaal Tinsley they've been acing the standings...I guess what they needed after all was a point guard who could shoot, play D, and make wise decisions, 'cuz Kenny Anderson and Anthony Johnson are doing a splendid job for them...

also without Brad Miller, they're finding a way to step it up. Under Rick Carlisle's belt this team is really superior among the East, now that the Nets are wrapped in their furors 'cuz Mourning just retired recently. K-Mart and Kidd need to step it up, and sources say that Scott might be fired...back to the Pacers, though, their bench is doing fine...look at that emergence of Jeff Foster. That's what Carlisle brings to the table...he brings player development and confidence, that's why Foster is doing so well. Look at Al Harrington, Austin Croshere and Fred Jones, too, and you'll see why, Jermaine O'Neal doesn't have much of the load anymore...

I really personally believe that Carlisle is the x-factor for this team. His marvelous coaching and decision making are superior, and trust me, if they had Isiah Thomas the Pacers wouldn't have this record. It's all Carlisle's team now, and Larry Bird might have made a wise decision in this coaching change.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:38 pm

I really personally believe that Carlisle is the x-factor for this team. His marvelous coaching and decision making are superior, and trust me, if they had Isiah Thomas the Pacers wouldn't have this record. It's all Carlisle's team now, and Larry Bird might have made a wise decision in this coaching change.

Interesting... But don't forget, they started off last year with a very similar record and then pretty much went downhill from there...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:43 pm

Let's look at the teams they've played.

Detroit W
Milwaukee L
Atlanta W easy
Denver W easy
New Jersey W
Cleveland W easy
Philadelphia W
Boston L
Seattle W easy
New York W easy
Clippers W easy
New Orleans W
Orlando W easy
Minnesota W

They've played mostly easy games, out of 14 games, 7 of the teams didn't make the playoffs and have bad records. The other 7 are semi-good teams and most of those semi-good teams are in the east and under .500. Think about it.

They're holding opponents to 81 ppg and haven't lost on the road yet. They will lose their first Sunday.

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 27, 2003 6:51 pm

the only DECENT western conference team they've played are tha twolves, which they dismantled(they were shorthanded anyway, no wally, hudson or kandi)

i cant WAIT til sunday....they're in for a RUDE awakening
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion