Report: Andray Blatche Still Considering Signing With Heat

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Heat And Spurs Interested In Andray Blatche

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Free-agent rumble that just dribbled across the pond: Heat & Spurs among teams to express exploratory interest in free agent Andray Blatche

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statu ... 8427866112
Last edited by Kobe8Fan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Heat And Spurs Interested In Andray Blatche

Postby ben_ready on Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:25 pm

We should have got him especially if we are getting rid of pau. He's a case but he has a game just don't make em a captain yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:10 am

Andray Blatche is a moron. I think there may be hope for him with Pop in SA, but I can't see Spoelstra being able to straighten him out.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby gcclaker on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:21 am

Mr. I Have To Have That Triple Double Even If I Have To Knock Off My Own Teammates?
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 am

:man10:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby JSM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Guess he'd be a step up over Eddie Curry for Miami. Pop might actually be able to coach him up in SA. He's a full blow rah-tard though.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby XXIV on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:34 am

gcclaker wrote:Mr. I Have To Have That Triple Double Even If I Have To Knock Off My Own Teammates?

GOAT performance :man10:
XXIV

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 pm

spurs should sign blatche n trade or release blair
PurpleNGold1

Postby MadMax on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 am

One of the most uncomfortable moments in NBA history.
MadMax

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:07 am

^^ :man10: :bang: :man4:

Knucklehead supreme.
Lakerjones

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:46 am

Lakerjones wrote:^^ :man10: :bang: :man4:

Knucklehead supreme.

They had McGee on that team too. . . The league's gotta set a "stupid" limit on the court.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby thisbjgz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:36 am

MadMax wrote:One of the most uncomfortable moments in NBA history.

oh my god...I died a little inside..LOL
thisbjgz

Andray Blatche Is Willing To Play In The D-League

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Andray Blatche Is Willing To Play In The D-League

By Eric Freeman | Ball Don't Lie – Tue, Aug 21, 2012 12:40 PM EDT

Since the advent of the NBA's amnesty clause, many highly paid players have been waived only to find new teams shortly thereafter. For players like Chauncey Billups (Knicks to Clippers) and Elton Brand (76ers to Mavericks), the problem wasn't that they lacked all use on the basketball court — it was simply that they made too much money given their contributions. Precious few of the amnestied players have failed to find new work at all, because it's not as if their large contracts were handed out with no on-court basis at all.

However, some players present different problems altogether. Consider, for instance, former Washington Wizards forward Andray Blatche, whose remaining three years and $23 million were wiped from the franchise's salary cap figures in mid-July. Over his seven years in DC, Blatche cultivated a reputation as a troublemaker and malcontent. So, despite his considerable abilities and the near-constant need for talented big men around the NBA, Blatche has earned very little interest on the open market.

Things look so dire, in fact, that Blatche is openly proclaiming that he's willing to play in the D-League. From Donna Ditota for The Syracuse Post Standard (via EOB):

"My dream destination right now would be back on the court. For real. Just to get back on the court," he said. "It's something I love to do. It doesn't matter if it's the Heat or the Spurs or the D League. Whatever. As long as I'm back on the court playing ball.

"I mean, I love the game. I'm a fan of the game. I love playing basketball. That's the only thing I've been doing since I've been little. Basketball is something that is very, very important to me."

While these comments might seem like the mark of a player hanging onto his career by any means, it's also true that Blatche appears to be committed to improving himself. As Ditota notes elsewhere in the piece, Blatche was struck up a relationship with former NBA player, coach, and drug addict John Lucas in the hopes of ending bad habits and improving his life. Blatche has moved to a condo near Lucas's home in Houston and started a regular workout including yoga, weight training, and on-court drills.

Those changes won't convince teams that Blatche is an entirely new man. He's dug himself too large a hole to climb out so easily — it's not easy to cast off a history that includes the infamous "Lap Dance Tuesday" party and the least effective captaincy in NBA history. (For that matter, Blatche has claimed newfound maturity before with poor results.) At this point in his career, Blatche will need to prove his commitment in a basketball context before anyone believes him. History suggests that no one should take his promises too seriously.

Yet that doesn't mean Blatche isn't telling the truth about his commitment, or that he's not serious about playing in the D-League to get another shot at the NBA. In fact, it's easy to make the argument that professing an interest in playing in the D-League shows that Blatche understands his current plight. And while he will still have to prove himself on the court, the mere fact that he's discussing the possibility of a stint in some of the country's smallest basketball cities can be a good sign. All Blatche requires is the opportunity to show that his talk means something. Given that he averaged 16.8 ppg and 8.2 rpg just two seasons ago, it would seem prudent for someone to give him that low-risk chance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... --nba.html

Sign him to the D-Fenders! Do it, Joey Buss!
Kobe8Fan

Re: Nets Interested In Andray Blatche

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:24 am

Nets Interested In Andray Blatche

By HOWARD BECK

The Nets’ ongoing search for frontcourt depth has led them to Houston, and a meeting with Andray Blatche, who was cut this summer by the Washington Wizards.

Blatche, 26, has been working out in Houston with a number of other N.B.A. players, under the guidance of John Lucas. He was set to meet with Nets Coach Avery Johnson sometime this weekend, according to two people with knowledge of the meeting. It was not clear whether the Nets were prepared to make Blatche an immediate offer or were simply exploring their options.

The Wizards severed ties with Blatche in July, using the N.B.A.’s amnesty provision to remove his $23 million contract from the salary cap. Blatche will still be paid his full salary by the Wizards, so he is likely to sign for the minimum wherever he lands.

Blatche, a 6-foot-11 power forward, entered the N.B.A. straight from high school in 2005 and was drafted by Washington with the 49th pick. His athletic gifts have been offset by immaturity, erratic play and a suspect work ethic. Washington cited Blatche’s poor conditioning as the official reason for holding him out of a game against the Nets in March.

Blatche played in only 26 of the Wizards’ 66 games last season, averaging 8.5 points and 5.8 rebounds while shooting a career-low 38 percent from the field.

The Nets have 13 players under contract, but they could use another big body behind center Brook Lopez and power forward Kris Humphries.

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/ ... n-blatche/
Kobe8Fan

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 pm

Prokhorov man...talk about subtraction by addition.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Dude has talent, but he's the ultimate knucklehead.
Texas Lakers Fan

Nets To Sign Andray Blatche

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Nets To Sign Andray Blatche

By. Marc J. Spears

The Brooklyn Nets have agreed in principle to sign free-agent forward Andray Blatche to a one-year deal paying the veteran’s minimum, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.

Blatche averaged 8.5 points and 5.8 rebounds last season for the Washington Wizards and will back up the center and power forward positions for Brooklyn. He was often criticized for his conditioning and professionalism during his seven-year career with the Wizards.

Blatche worked out for Nets coach Avery Johnson in Houston last weekend. He is expected to sign the contract with Brooklyn early next week. The Nets also recently worked out free agents Eddy Curry and Hilton Armstrong, and were expected to sign free-agent forward Donte Greene before he hurt his knee.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets- ... atche.html
Kobe8Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Despite reports of an agreement in principle with the Brooklyn Nets, two sources say that Andray Blatche is still considering an offer from the Miami Heat.

Blatche worked out for Avery Johnson in Houston last weekend.

“Nothing is finalized," said one person close to Blatche.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wiz ... _blog.html
Kobe8Fan

Return to NBA Discussion