Rick Carisle fired by the pistons (link inside)

Rick Carisle fired by the pistons (link inside)

Postby Reddy on Sat May 31, 2003 7:41 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0530/1561275.html

stupid people......he did great with them
led thim into the ECF is this what he gets?
:man5:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby clublakers on Sat May 31, 2003 8:01 am

I can't believe that. What coach has done more with so little? They were playin' team ball and playin' good defense.

I guess they would rather turn Rip Hamilton into a star vs. win games. Too bad.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 31, 2003 9:48 am

This is very shocking. I'm not sure what Joe Dumars is doing here. I've heard that since Larry Brown left Philly, that gave Dumars the reason to let Carlisle go, so that he can go after Larry. Rick is a great coach, he will get a job very soon.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Unbelieveable

Postby lalgirl3 on Sat May 31, 2003 9:53 am

This must be the year that the NBA gets short handed on coaches. Larry Brown resigns, Doug Collins is fired, now him and I think Paul Silas to of the Hornets. This is crazy. Just cause you team doesnt go as far as you'd like it aint no reason to fire the coach! I mean if the team did better than they did the season before then the coach is doing something right :disagree:
lalgirl3

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat May 31, 2003 10:23 am

Carlisle did the best that he can do with the players that he was given with. Imagine if he had a dominant player like Kobe and Shaq, and even KG, Duncan, or Kidd in his team. A coach can't do everything. He also needs great players. Carlisle did not have superstars in his team (Ben Wallace is not a superstar until he can a consistent offensive game) and he still won 50 games this year and won the coach of the year last year. Joe D. please give him some time. I guess he couldn't wait.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Sat May 31, 2003 11:41 am

Carlisle was a great coach, and talked about key points a lot, he tried his best to get his team in shape, but he's only a coach! I respect him very ery much for what he has done, he is a main factor of why the pistons got in the ECF. He disciplined his team very well. And in response to lalgirl3, I think this IS a record breaking year of coaches resigning and getting fired. But I never expected Rick, he is a terrific coach, gets with the job quick, and I mean you can't just fire a coach cause the team lost, geez.
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat May 31, 2003 2:12 pm

Oh my!!! All of a sudden coaches are droppin like flies... Wussup with this?? Sure they got swept by the Nets, but it's not HIS fault that they lost to the better team. He lead them to the ECF's, a place where they haven't been for like 10 years!! They should be grateful he lead them this far.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby lalgirl3 on Sat May 31, 2003 2:14 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:Oh my!!! All of a sudden coaches are droppin like flies... Wussup with this?? Sure they got swept by the Nets, but it's not HIS fault that they lost to the better team. He lead them to the ECF's, a place where they haven't been for like 10 years!! They should be grateful he lead them this far.

I know that's right, they need to be happy he got them that far
lalgirl3

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat May 31, 2003 9:49 pm

Why would ANYONE want Larry Brown over Rick Carlisle? NEITHER has ever won a ring, so you go by recent coaching history and if you gave Rick the 76ers, could he have done better...maybe...

I could understand this move if it were for a championship coach, but (as much as I respect him) Larry Brown is NOT a championship coach...Rick might have become one, especially since they have 3 picks (#2, #25 & #58) in a very deep draft later this month...MISTAKE...he could have had Milicic or Anthony (along with the other quality players available for their draft choices) to go with Hamilton, Wallace, Prince and Billups...DUMB [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] MISTAKE...
Snakell Beast

Return to NBA Discussion