Rockets broadcaster's parents killed in car crash

Rockets broadcaster's parents killed in car crash

Postby Basketball Fan on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:34 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... car-crash/

Rockets broadcaster’s parents killed in car crash

This is just terrible news.

The parents of Rockets play-by-play announcer Craig Ackerman have died in an auto accident in Sugar Land, Texas (a suburb of Houston). The team made the announcement and KHOU television had the details (hat tip to Royce Young and Eye on Basketball):

Gerald Ackerman and Bonnie Ackerman, both 66, were involved in a wreck shortly after 1 p.m. at the intersection of Austin Parkway and Williams Trace, Sugar Land police said.

A spokesman for the police department said Gerald Ackerman was behind the wheel when his truck left the roadway and hit a light pole. No other vehicles were involved in the incident.

“The entire Rockets family is deeply saddened at the tragic news of the automobile accident that took the lives of Gerald and Bonnie Ackerman. We offer our sympathies and condolences to Craig and the Ackerman family, and pledge our continued support as they begin to cope with this devastating loss,” said Rockets CEO Tad Brown in a released statement.

Ackerman has broadcast the team’s games since 2008 but has been involved in the Rockets organization for nearly two decades, starting as an intern and working his way up.

Our thoughts are with Ackerman and the Rocket family.
Basketball Fan

Re: Rockets broadcaster's parents killed in car crash

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Damn, I hate fatal car wrecks. HATE THEM with a passion. Such a tragedy. :man6:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Return to NBA Discussion