Rockets rookie Royce White wants to travel by bus

Re: Rockets rookie Royce White wants to travel by bus

Postby Frank Dux on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:09 am

This guy is something else. At first I supported him because he brought awareness to a mental illness. But he's an incompetent, me first, crybaby.

I understand what it's like to go through anxiety, i've dealt with it for my entire life. It's no excuse to demand everything, make everything about you, knock up every girl around, and create drama. He's just an awful guy who happens to have anxiety. He just doesn't belong in the league. in fact, I can't wait 'til this bum is out of the league. He makes a mockery of the anxiety disorder.
Frank Dux

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:31 am

Self-entitlement should be replaced by Royce White in the dictionary .

His biggest career achievement is his failed attempt at clowning KD
wcsoldier81

Postby Kasumi on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:08 am

Am I reading the same article as you guys? He didn't whine and complain about the decision Houston made to not bring him up from the D-League, sounds appreciative of what he has and has committed to working hard in order to earn a spot in the NBA.

Even if he were willing to try flying, then had a major anxiety attack - would he be in any condition to play? No, he's being realistic here. Someone with an allergic reaction to something wouldn't be told to 'suck it up', same here. Give the boy a bus and let him play.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby revgen on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:28 am

Giving him a bus simply doesn't make sense logistically or economically. NBA schedules are designed around plane travel. Not bus travel.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Kasumi on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:50 am

But a team can make it work, if they wanted to. Some older players don't play in back-to-backs because teams make accommodations for them. Same deal. It's like telling a person in a wheelchair that they can't go into a building because the building only offers stairs, it's not cool. You build a ramp. You figure it out.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:58 am

Kasumi wrote:Am I reading the same article as you guys? He didn't whine and complain about the decision Houston made to not bring him up from the D-League, sounds appreciative of what he has and has committed to working hard in order to earn a spot in the NBA.

Even if he were willing to try flying, then had a major anxiety attack - would he be in any condition to play? No, he's being realistic here. Someone with an allergic reaction to something wouldn't be told to 'suck it up', same here. Give the boy a bus and let him play.

I'm not mad at him or anything Kasumi, it's just illogical to continue allowing him to play. He can't go on road trips with the team where they fly out from Philly to LA in a few days and play quickly. He doesn't form that bond with his teammates that comes with the hours of travelling together. Instead he looks like a pampered guy who gets his own bus trips all over the state. That can't be easy for a team.

The timing would be extremely difficult for everybody involved. Bus traffic is so absolutely different than air traffic. He could miss games because there was an accident on the freeway and there's far more accidents on the road than in the sky.

The team would have to provide him with a bus and a bus driver which would be incredibly expensive (especially the bus driver who's driving all over the country).

It's just really illogical for him to continue being in the NBA. It'd be like someone who's allergic to gluten working at a bread factory. Why not find a job more suitable to your needs?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Cleansed on Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:31 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm sorry, but you don't belong in the league man. I can appreciate your health awareness, but how do you expect to play for a team when you can't go on the road trips with them? How do you expect to be part of the organization? The roster?

It just doesn't make any sense.

My feelings as well but if a team is silly enough to pay him.... by all means "cash dem checks".
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:01 am

Kasumi wrote:Am I reading the same article as you guys? He didn't whine and complain about the decision Houston made to not bring him up from the D-League, sounds appreciative of what he has and has committed to working hard in order to earn a spot in the NBA.

Okay, why should he get special privileges? How is he gonna bus on b2b nights more one city to another if it isn't near by. As it is players get exhausted and don't perform good on the 2nd night of a b2b while flying on first class seats, can you imagine his arse how sore it will be?

It's not just flying, I'm not sure if you guys saw the special Real Sports with Bryant Gumble did with this loser. They film him driving a car and he gets freaked out just wondering if the next guy is on his cell phone while driving. He has OCD, if his hat is crooked or if his hangars in his closet don't face the same way he gets anxiety attacks.

This chicken little needs to work from home where he has no contact with nobody so he won't freak out.

Edit, some of the interview.

http://youtu.be/aT1iJn8Zdv8

http://youtu.be/04Ya_Ycv7p4
D.B. Cooper

Postby Phil XI on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:45 am

He could play about 55 gms per year by bus. 41 at home, bus to NY, Bkn, DC, Bos, Charl, Cleve plus if he has an extra day off he could get to Atl, Tor, Det. That's more games than Bynum's going to play.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Nashty Gal on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:59 pm

hmm...I've dealt with chronic panic attacks and anxiety, and I think he should move on to another profession. Especially if he's being stubborn about flying. It seems now more of a phobia of flying, because when I had it really bad anything would trigger it. Simple things like going to the market or even a concert. If he can sit in an arena and play, I think he's fine. I love that he's spreading mental illness awareness, it is a big issue people are dealing with. But if he really wanted to help, he'd be an example and get on those flights. Whatever it takes, counseling, etc.
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Kasumi wrote:But a team can make it work, if they wanted to. Some older players don't play in back-to-backs because teams make accommodations for them. Same deal. It's like telling a person in a wheelchair that they can't go into a building because the building only offers stairs, it's not cool. You build a ramp. You figure it out.

Except this is the NBA. If you're not fit mentally or physically to play- you don't belong.
Frank Dux

Postby Congo Cash on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:50 pm

He can't be that good to be pampered that much... :man3: Either you deal with it or move on... The team will not bend over and drop their pants down to accommodate you...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:55 pm

What am I missing. Why does he need a freaking bus if they chose to try to work with him. What's wrong with a hired driver and comfortable car that they can trade off. And miss the games where it just can't be done in time with needed rest mixed in. Is the bus about getting the rest sleeping on the bus? I guess that could be it. Maybe the kid's game just isn't worth any real out of the norm hassle?

The sleep and rest is the big thing too. How many on the road practices and shoot arounds would be missed.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:25 am

Wait, it'd be okay for him to just flat out miss some games? Honestly as a teammate I'd be really angry if it were me.

Imagine being the guy that played behind him. You work your butt off every day and the only time you get to play is if your pampered teammate can't make it? I know he's not really being pampered, he has a problem, but that's still the mentality that would come about eventually.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:05 pm

what i don't get is how did he deal with this while in college?

do college teams take busses everywhere?
432J

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:01 pm

I mean its not just missing some games, can you imagen how many team meetings, team shoot arounds and film sessions he'd miss trying to travel like John Madden?
D.B. Cooper

Postby purp n gold on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:54 pm

432J wrote:what i don't get is how did he deal with this while in college?

do college teams take busses everywhere?

I remember reading that he flew on team planes in college just fine, apparently because he was "comfortable" with the situation with Iowa State.

I know on some level he has a mental condition. I don't want to disrespect him in that regard. But a factor of it sounds a lot like an extreme case of Dwight Howardism
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion