no
40%

Total votes : 27

Is Rodman a Hall of Famer?

Postby ZenMaster4President on Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:33 am

Is he?
Here is some link to remember him:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... id=1693772
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:36 am

Of course he should be a hall of famer. 7 straight rebounding titles, 5 championships. He even had 18 rpg one year I think. I think he's the best rebounder ever next to Wilt.

Postby FoldedSpace on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:40 am

As much as I hate him I got to say YES.......
FoldedSpace

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:09 pm

yea i'd throw him in there...at only 6'6 tha guy could rebound...and hes one of tha few that took on malone PERSONALLY in tha NBA finals...
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:13 pm

Definitely. Rodman wasn't just a great rebounder, he was a great defender too. He hustled and gave 110% every night out on the floor. It's a shame he didn't get to end his career right and now he has to do stuff like Celebrity Mole.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby ShaqAttaq on Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:04 pm

I think - yes!!

He's the best rebounder among forwards in the history of NBA!!!
ShaqAttaq

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:09 pm

yes.

when he was with the Bulls; he gave them toughness, defense, rebounds, intensity, excitement, and energy, and he gave it all he got nearly every single game. Plus he could psyche other guys out very well, getting in their head and toying with them, forcing them to get mad at him and they got t's because of it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby xxx on Sat Dec 27, 2003 7:41 pm

No way. I could think of others who are more deserving who aren't in the hall. Rodman is a very good player, but he's not a GREAT player and he was very one-dimensional. Unless you're as dominant as a guy like Bill Russell was on defense, you're not a hall-of-famer if defense is all you got. He also was an a$$hole, so even if he is deserving, he'll never get enough votes. A lot of people won't vote for him no matter what he did ON the court.
xxx

Postby vonzipper86 on Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:23 pm

xxx, due to your very low basketball IQ, I would suggest that you stop posting on this forum now.

Rodman has 5 rings and led the league in rebounding multiple times.. He was one of the true rebounding geniuses this league has seen, despite his lack of size and strength that most great rebounders had..

Though his antics and unusual lifestyle caused grief to most teams he played for and played against, he should be in the hall of fame for being a truely unique personality on the court and for his truely unique basketball abilities...

Years from now, people will reflect on him and the new generation of hall of fame balloters will look upon him with much broader and nicer eyes.. I believe in due time, his antics might transcribe on later generations and maybe much more controversy will arise in the NBA that will make Rodman look almost normal..(this is theoritical, but I can go into further detail of the trends thus far in pro sports and make you believe otherwise)
-This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwlhcnoljnM
Showtime in Action
vonzipper86

Postby xxx on Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:44 pm

vonzipper86 wrote:xxx, due to your very low basketball IQ, I would suggest that you stop posting on this forum now.

Rodman has 5 rings and led the league in rebounding multiple times.. He was one of the true rebounding geniuses this league has seen, despite his lack of size and strength that most great rebounders had..

Though his antics and unusual lifestyle caused grief to most teams he played for and played against, he should be in the hall of fame for being a truely unique personality on the court and for his truely unique basketball abilities...

Years from now, people will reflect on him and the new generation of hall of fame balloters will look upon him with much broader and nicer eyes.. I believe in due time, his antics might transcribe on later generations and maybe much more controversy will arise in the NBA that will make Rodman look almost normal..(this is theoritical, but I can go into further detail of the trends thus far in pro sports and make you believe otherwise)
I guarantee you he will NEVER make the hall of fame. I'd bet you a year's salary, but since you probably work at Taco Bell, it wouldn't be worth my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] time.
xxx

Postby TheZen on Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:17 pm

xxx wrote:
vonzipper86 wrote:xxx, due to your very low basketball IQ, I would suggest that you stop posting on this forum now.

I guarantee you he will NEVER make the hall of fame. I'd bet you a year's salary, but since you probably work at Taco Bell, it wouldn't be worth my [censored] time.

lets not flame here now xxx. vonzipper is just reacting to your weak statement.
TheZen

Postby TheZen on Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:17 pm

support your statement a little more than stating that he is one dimensional.
TheZen

Postby xxx on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:38 pm

TheZen wrote:support your statement a little more than stating that he is one dimensional.
How many career points does he have? How many assists does he have? How many steals does he have? Yes, he rebounds and plays good defense, but what else? And he has 5 rings because he played on great teams with great players, not because he led them to those titles. Just because he "led the league" in rebounds a lot of years doesn't make him a hall-of-famer. Mutombo led the league in blocks most of the 90's. Is he a hall-of-famer too? I'm not saying he was not a very good player, but to me, he's not great. When I think of the greatest players in his time, he's not even close to the top of the list. The bottom line is he isn't getting in the hall of fame, period.
xxx

Postby xxx on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:52 pm

I would be very strict in selecting players to the hall-of-fame. To me, there are too many guys in all sports who are in the hall-of-fame who I feel don't belong. By selecting some of these guys to the hall-of-fame, it really sort of spoils it for me because when I go visit Cooperstown or Springfield, Mass, or Canton, I want to see the "cream of the crop" and when I visited these places, it sort of ruined it for me when I saw certain players were enshrined who I did not feel were deserving of the honor. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, but to me, it's a shame to see a plaque of some players right next to guys like Babe Ruth, Wilt Chamberlain, etc.
xxx

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:54 pm

xxx wrote:I would be very strict in selecting players to the hall-of-fame. To me, there are too many guys in all sports who are in the hall-of-fame who I feel don't belong. By selecting some of these guys to the hall-of-fame, it really sort of spoils it for me because when I go visit Cooperstown or Springfield, Mass, or Canton, I want to see the "cream of the crop" and when I visited these places, it sort of ruined it for me when I saw certain players were enshrined who I did not feel were deserving of the honor. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that way, but to me, it's a shame to see a plaque of some players right next to guys like Babe Ruth, Wilt Chamberlain, etc.

is there a reason why ur guest name is xxx? are u straight edge or something?
FabFourLakers

Postby vonzipper86 on Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:41 am

How many career points does he have? How many assists does he have? How many steals does he have? Yes, he rebounds and plays good defense, but what else? And he has 5 rings because he played on great teams with great players, not because he led them to those titles. Just because he "led the league" in rebounds a lot of years doesn't make him a hall-of-famer. Mutombo led the league in blocks most of the 90's. Is he a hall-of-famer too? I'm not saying he was not a very good player, but to me, he's not great. When I think of the greatest players in his time, he's not even close to the top of the list. The bottom line is he isn't getting in the hall of fame, period.

again you know NOTHING about basketball..

Your analogy about Mutumbo is fruitless.. The statistic of the Blocked Shot is only dominated by CENTERS. Rebounds, Assists, and Points are the statistics and parts of play in basketball that shape the game. They are also the hardest to lead the league in and also claim a spot as one of the greatest in that paricular catagory.

Bill Russell didn't score that many points, He averaged about 14 per game in his career. But, he averaged 22 rebounds per game as did Wilt.

Block shots were never kept a statistic until after Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain, they were the sole reason it was kept a statistic.

May I also add that he averaged over 15-16 rebounds per game in his years with the bulls? And 18+ rebounds per game with the Pistons.

Kevin Garnett, Shaq, Hakeem, or any of the other big guys with the exception of Ben Wallace's rebounding performace last year(though this year he isn't averaging quite as much but also remarkably high) don't come close.

Think about it, those guys are 7 feet tall, close up to the basket most of the game and they don't pull down that many, RODMAN WAS 6-6.

Rebounding was an art, Michael Jordan even said that Rodman watched studied more film than any other player on the team so he could memorize where the ball would land when Jordan or any of his other teammates missed shots from specific spots.

Also, Rodman has the highest rebounding average ever since the lane was widened to 16'.

In the days of Wilt and Russell, the lane was 6', then was widened to 12'. Thats a huge difference from today's lane size because of the rules enforcing defensive 3 seconds.
-This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Showtime in Action
vonzipper86

Postby NBN on Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:49 am

"Yes"..
bball
NBN

Postby xxx on Sun Dec 28, 2003 12:06 pm

You can argue with me til your blue in the face, but the bottom line is Rodman's NOT getting in. Even if he has the #'s, as you people say he does, he'll NEVER get the votes.
xxx

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:45 pm

xxx wrote:You can argue with me til your blue in the face, but the bottom line is Rodman's NOT getting in. Even if he has the #'s, as you people say he does, he'll NEVER get the votes.

r u straight edge
FabFourLakers

Postby vonzipper86 on Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:46 pm

ok i give up, can't argue with morons.

Showtime in Action
vonzipper86

Postby xxx on Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:14 pm

vonzipper86 wrote:ok i give up, can't argue with morons.
That's cool, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with some little 17 year old punk like you. Brilliant idea putting 86 next to your name idiot.
xxx

Postby Guest on Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:32 pm

Tomorrow on Maury...

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:33 pm

Haha Posto with the save!

Y'all make up now...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby vonzipper86 on Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:32 am

That's cool, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with some little 17 year old punk like you. Brilliant idea putting 86 next to your name idiot.

So wut, I'm 17 and proud of it. I have more to look for in life then your obviously sad existance. Get a life.

Showtime in Action
vonzipper86

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:39 am

what does bein 17 have to do with anything? Im 17, LD is 17, lots of us here are 17...u got a problem wit dat?
FabFourLakers

Next

Return to NBA Discussion