Rodman wants to play one more season, also coach WNBA

Rodman wants to play one more season, also coach WNBA

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:58 pm

ESPNEWS reported that Rodman is telling everyone he want to play one more season in the NBA at age 42. He also wants to coach in the WNBA.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby pltan on Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:18 pm

Maybe he can play in the WNBA ;)
pltan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:53 pm

Hey, if he's still in shape, maybe he can be the board crasher we really need. He can get in guys' heads like Duncan, Garnett, and Wallace, u know?? If he still has it, then I dont c why not...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby whats golden on Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:59 pm

i remember back in the lockout season when he played for us. He was ripping down the boards. Maybe we sign him for the minimum, get him training with Shaq then we can focus our attention on Arenas

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby pltan on Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:38 am

I also remember him going AWOL to promote his wrestling matches etc...and just being a total undisciplined nut. Sure the guy could play, but just too much BS along with it. I'd only look to him as a last resort.
pltan

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:47 am

Maybe that was cuz Phil wasn't tha coach back then. Maybe with Phil he can change his attitude and focus on anotha ring.... interesting...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby LaKrushGruv on Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:31 am

I really don't have any confidence in Rodman anymore. It would take some work to convince me he can still play. Yeah....when he was a Laker he pulled boards...but...I also remember him not being able to stop Malone...to the point he started "trying" to play mind games and "flop", yet he STILL could stop Malone! Personally, I'd want someone that could play straight up "D" and not flop as part of his game.
LaKrushGruv

Postby Snakell Beast on Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:24 pm

His body has been resting for 3 years, he could be very good. He needs the money and I think he would listen to Phil, whom would you rather have, Suckmaki...Madsen or A healthy and rested, aggressive Rodman that is not distracting the team like before...
Snakell Beast

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:53 pm

i love the idea of ol' #73 comin back to LA. he really put on a show with the lakers. phil knows how to control Rodman, so if he really got into shape with tha big fella, he'd be able to mess with the PFs of the league.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:15 pm

No way, we played this card before. Rodman is too much of a distraction. Don't Y'all remember why he was canned in the first place? It was for losing his shoe at practice! The guy is an Idiot! Let his go to the WNBA, he shouldn't have any trouble playing with women considering he already dresses like one.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby whats golden on Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:29 pm

Under Phil we could have the Rodman from his Chicago days.

Let Phil clam him down and handle him like we know he can. Remember he won three championships with Phil make me think that Phil might just know how to control him.

When you think about it he is exactly what we want at PF - a kamikaze rebounder who plays tough defence and doesn't want the ball all night. If he still has the skills and can play with the same intensity then I say bring him on, sign him for the minimum or atleast have a look at him at the player camp.

Last edited by whats golden on Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby LAKERCHICK on Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:27 pm

PALESE
HA HA HA :man10: :man10: :man10:
THATS HALARIOUS RODMAN COME BACK HA HA HA :man10: :mhihi: :slimer:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Postby pltan on Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:39 pm

Anyone know why Phil didn't sign Rodman the year he took over? I seem to recall Rodman thinking he would.
pltan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:55 pm

Righhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttttttttttttttt...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby pltan on Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:05 pm

"Then Rodman goes quiet. ''What I'd really love to do is play one more year,'' he says, or coach in the W.N.B.A. ''But I've been blackballed. I opened all the doors, and now they don't want me. Even all the boring white guys got tattoos now.''

Eventually, all the guests depart. Rodman looks confused. ''Who were those guys?'' Moyer asks. Rodman stands up, and for the first time it's clear that his chiseled body has gone a bit to seed; a tiny potbelly pokes out. ''I have never seen them before in my life,'' he says. "

Do you guys really want this dude back?

Full article: http://www.sportsbusinessnews.com/index ... y_id=26555
pltan

:

Postby JSM on Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:25 pm

I would sign him to the smallest amount of money that we possibly can offer him, but thats only if he comes in and shows that he still has it, and is in shape, I don't think this would come anywhere close to solving our PF problem, but it would help add depth to our bench. And if he still has it, we know Phil is the only one that put up with, handle, tame, and somewhat control this freak. And he could bring some rebounding help for the team and could come in off the bench and get into the other player's head. So if he can still play I say sign him
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:50 am

Do not get RODMAN.... just because he was out of the NBA does not mean he is well rested. I partied with him once in his NEWPORT BEACH house and his lifestyle is crazy!!! Sex and drugs was what I saw. His parties lasted till 6am. This happens 3 to 4 days a WEEK!!!! He may have been out of the NBA but that doesn't mean he was out of the party scenes!! All that partying has definitely taken it toll.

As far as PHIL goes. PHIL did very little in containing RODMAN. It was all due to JORDAN. RODMAN respected JORDAN. Jordan would yell at RODMAN if he "F- up". ALL the ZEN stuff didn't prevent RODMAN from going to VEGAS in between games of a FINAL's Series!!! RODMAN is just looking for some publicity. He is not commited to basketball. I know sorry SAMAKI sucks but at least he is there for practice and doesn't get dumb technicals. Don't get me wrong D-Rod is a good guy and one hell of a party host. Man, that was some night... hehehe..

KOBE OUR REAL MVP :bow:
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:20 am

I say we work him out and give him a chance. Set guidelines for practices he must make and tell him he needs to be in peak condition. He is worth a minimum contract because we can have up to 15 players for the regular season. What we do is draft and pick people up and pretend we aren't involved with him. Go about our business like he is not coming back and THEN workhim out as a #4 or #5 option for making the team. If he impresses and isn't very distracting, I say we sign him for the minimum and save him for the playoffs...
Snakell Beast

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:07 pm

Guys I can see why some of you want Rodman at this time. I agree with the points that he is well rested this past 3 years and that Phil can control him. I love the mind games he plays with his opponents.

However, he is a distraction and messes up team chemistry. MJ, Scottie, and a veteran group like the Bulls were able to handle this head case. I'm not sure if Kobe and Shaq can do the same.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:50 pm

My whole point is, he hurt our team when they were young and inexperienced, impressionable and looked to dennis for guidance...now they have the same championship resume that he did, so he will just be a deep bench player that does weird [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off the court no one cares about...
Snakell Beast

Postby zetaw00d on Mon Jun 09, 2003 3:12 pm

Just give Rodman a try and if it dont work get rid of him!!! Like what happened to Rider!!! But dont use rodman as your only option but like a 3rd option!!! Get PJ Brown or Juwan Howard then you can add rodman to back them up!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:26 pm

if he is even half as good as as he was, he is worth a #3 or #4 roster spot @ PF. We couldeven save him for the late season behind whomever we get as the starter (most likely Juwan or Karl) and Medvedenko. I would have Juwan, Slava, Horry and then Rodman, but only if dennis is healthy, in shape and still talented enough, if he is it is a no brainer...

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:39 pm

The guest was me by the way...
Snakell Beast

:

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:37 pm

I agree, having him workout for us couldn't hurt anything. We would have to put limits and restrictions on him and say if he doesn't abide by these then he's gone. He could only help give us a stronger bench, and could prove to be useful come playoff time.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:54 am

I have to disagree. We tried this once and Rodman showed that he wasn't reliable. He showed up to practices late and games late and sometimes he failed to show at all. He had his shot with the Lakers and we didn't need him to win 3 Championships back then and we certainly don't need him to win another three now.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Next

Return to NBA Discussion