Scottie Pippen arrested for felony assault of an autograph s

Scottie Pippen arrested for felony assault of an autograph s

Postby Basketball Fan on Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:59 pm

SCOTTIE PIPPEN
ARRESTED
EXCLUSIVE
Scottie Pippen has just been arrested for felony assault ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Pippen turned himself in to authorities in Malibu moments ago. He's being booked for felony assault with intent to commit great bodily harm.

TMZ broke the story ... Pippen allegedly brutalized an autograph seeker outside Nobu restaurant Sunday night. The man was knocked out after Pippen allegedly punched him in the face and kicked him repeatedly.

Pippen left the scene. As for the victim ... he was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, including broken teeth and a swollen mouth. He also suffered injuries to his head and back.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/24/scottie-pippen-arrested-felony-assault/#ixzz2XAgeoExe
Basketball Fan

Re: Scottie Pippen arrested for felony assault of an autograph s

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Can't a guy just eat dinner and leave to go home without being asked for an autograph? What's the problem here?

:man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby davriver290 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Yikes. I'm all for leaving celebs alone... But a simple refusal would've sufficed and he could've went on his merry way. But beating an individual? He's a celebrity, he puts his face on tv repeatedly knowing there are fans out there who become star struck... etc... poor guy. Pippin will be sued fiercely... And deserving of it.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Pip is going to lose a lot of money over this.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:05 am

Good basketball player, but I've never liked the guy. Jerky move there Scottie. And as real said,that's going to be costly. :disagree:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:51 am

Punched him in the face and then kept kicking him? That's garbage-level behaviour. I hope it's not true.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:03 am

I wonder what the guy did? Pip always looked like the kind of guy who was slow to boil over.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby OX1947 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:07 am

Another cooked up pile of pig crap from the scum media. No one knows **** but they make up their own horse crap and make it out that Pippen turned into Steven Seagal off some simple autograph request even though Pippen has zero history of fighting anyone.

Please. Do not bypass the swear filter. Thanks- therealdeal
OX1947

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:07 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:I wonder what the guy did? Pip always looked like the kind of guy who was slow to boil over.

take it with a grain of salt but i read in another forum that the autograph seeker said something along the lines of 'is Jordan with you?' and when Pippen said no, the guy says 'i guess i'll just ask for your autograph instead'

again, there was no link to the quote i read in that forum...
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:13 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
V.V.V.V.V. wrote:I wonder what the guy did? Pip always looked like the kind of guy who was slow to boil over.

take it with a grain of salt but i read in another forum that the autograph seeker said something along the lines of 'is Jordan with you?' and when Pippen said no, the guy says 'i guess i'll just ask for your autograph instead'

again, there was no link to the quote i read in that forum...

lol..that is a little mean but dayam don't know it deserved a beat down
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Juronimo on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:54 am

I heard about this yesterday. There has to be more to it than this. If this happened as described, what a bizarre thing to do. There has to be more to the story.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 pm

There is

Scottie Pippen called N-word, is spit on by autograph-seeker before altercation ends with man going to hospital: source
The victim was taking pictures inside Nobu restaurant, while Pippen dined with his family. When Pippen went outside to the parking lot, the man continued to take pictures and sought the Hall-of-Famer’s autograph. An argument ensued that led to the altercation.

Comments (69)
BY NANCY DILLON , STEPHEN REX BROWN AND DANIEL BEEKMAN / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: MONDAY, JUNE 24, 2013, 4:53 PM
UPDATED: TUESDAY, JUNE 25, 2013, 11:50 AM

Print

JACK SMITH/AP

Scottie Pippen meets with police amid allegations he assaulted a man outside a Malibu restaurant.
Retired hoopster Scottie Pippen was playing defense Monday after an encounter over the weekend with an autograph-seeker outside a Malibu, Calif. hot spot.

The former Chicago Bulls standout visited a sheriff’s station voluntarily after he was named as a suspect in a Sunday evening altercation at Nobu, a trendy beachside eatery.

Investigators said a violent argument broke out after an autograph-seeker took photos of Pippen, 47, and his family. The unidentified man was later taken to a hospital with a head injury, investigators said.

But a source said Pippen was the real victim. The fan started the tussle, spit on the ex-athlete and screamed the called him the N-word, the source said, adding that Pippen was holding his 4-year-old daughter at the time.

MARK J. TERRILL/AP

Scottie Pippen wins six NBA championships with the Bulls during his Hall-of-Fame career.

“Can you imagine, you’re out to dinner with your wife, your four kids and your mother-in-law, and someone calls you the N-word and starts to get physical?” the source said, calling the alleged victim’s story a “crock.”

PHOTOS: ATHLETES IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW

“When Scottie left, this guy had no injuries,” said the source. “Scottie is very upset about the way this has been portrayed.”

Several witnesses described the fan as intoxicated, sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

AP

Scottie Pippen has a previous brush with the law in 1999 after getting arrested for drunk driving.

Investigators were still interviewing witnesses Monday and had not yet decided whether to charge Pippen with assault with intent to cause bodily harm. He was released after an hour of questioning.

Pippen’s lawyer, Mark Geragos, was mulling a counter claim against the autograph-seeker for assault and making a false police report, the source said.

The Arkansas-born baller won six NBA titles while a member of Michael Jordan’s Bulls teams and was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2010.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... z2XH7MKFqm
Basketball Fan

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:15 pm

But a source said Pippen was the real victim. The fan started the tussle, spit on the ex-athlete and screamed the called him the N-word, the source said, adding that Pippen was holding his 4-year-old daughter at the time.

“Can you imagine, you’re out to dinner with your wife, your four kids and your mother-in-law, and someone calls you the N-word and starts to get physical?” the source said, calling the alleged victim’s story a “crock.”

“When Scottie left, this guy had no injuries,” said the source. “Scottie is very upset about the way this has been portrayed.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.1381307

Apparently the fan was drunk. Since Pip hasn't been charged yet, this story is sounding less and less legit.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Congo Cash on Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:08 pm

"Great bodily harm"

Yeah, sure... :man10: :man10: :man10:
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby Finwë on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Okay, that's more like it. Not saying I'm already letting Pippen off the hook, but I just didn't want to believe that he snapped and started beating a guy down.
If the guy really say that and spit on him, he did deserve to get his *** kicked a bit, but not to the extent it was reported. Then again, it could all be exaggeration.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:51 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... estaurant/

Scottie Pippen hit with $4 million lawsuit for incident outside restaurant
Kurt Helin Jul 12, 2013, 12:39 PM EDT

Getty Images
Bulls’ legend Scottie Pippen was never charged with a crime regarding an altercation outside a Malibu restaurant last month, but did you really think that would stop the personal lawsuit?

Pippen has been sued for $4 million by 49-year-old plaintiff Camran Shafighi, reports the Associated press. Shafighi claims in the suit he simply asked Pippen for an autograph and a photo outside the restaurant and Pippen responded with an unprovoked attack.

Instead, the suit says, Shafighi got a “brutal and unjustified physical attack” that included spit in the face, a shove, and a punch that sent Shafighi to the ground. “At no time did or could Mr. Shafighi physically provoke or fight back, as he was knocked unconscious with the first blow,” the lawsuit says.

That’s not exactly how police investigators saw it. There were no charges filed and a police spokesman had told reporters that Shafighi was called intoxicated by witnesses. Sources close to Pippen said that Shafighi called him the “N” word and spit on him while Pippen was holding his four-year-old daughter.

So, the courts get to sort this all out — your tax dollars at work. As a guy who spent years writing a crime beat I’ll say I have a pretty good idea who is in the right and who is going after the money here, but I wasn’t there and that’s why we have a legal system to provide justice in these situations. That and to make lawyers rich.
Basketball Fan

Postby Basketball Fan on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:24 pm

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... n-shafighi

Scottie Pippen countersues

LOS ANGELES -- Scottie Pippen has filed a countersuit against a Southern California man who claims the former Chicago Bulls star assaulted him at a sushi restaurant last year.

The Los Angeles Times says the cross-complaint filed this month alleges 49-year-old Camran Shafighi cursed at Pippen using racial slurs, spat on him and his children and threatened to kill him.

Pippen's suit calls for unspecified damages.

Shafighi filed a $4 million lawsuit against Pippen, accusing him of a "brutal and unjustified physical attack" that allegedly occurred outside Malibu's Nobu restaurant after Shafighi had sought a picture with the former NBA All-Star.

An attorney for Shafighi declined Tuesday to comment on the cross-complaint.

Los Angeles County prosecutors said there was insufficient evidence to bring assault charges against the 47-year-old Pippen.
Basketball Fan

Return to NBA Discussion