'Scuse me, Mr. Iverson?

'Scuse me, Mr. Iverson?

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:40 pm

Every week I will try to add some fresh new quotes from famous NBA players and post it in the NBA News and Rumors Page. This week's quoteImage focuses upon Allen Iverson. Here's what he said in the U.S. blowout to Venezuela, 98-69. Iverson had eight turnovers in the game:

Iverson said:
"I think I was playing a little too unselfish. Instead of shooting the ball I was trying to dish it to my teammates in transition," Iverson said. "I got all those turnovers trying to do the right thing. But if we win by 30 and I have 100 turnovers, it doesn't matter."

'Scuse me, Mr. Iverson? You may say that, but how many times have we seen you ballhog the ball playin' with the Sixers? I mean, getting 30 points and 7 turnovers every night makes you satisfied? Dude, if you were in passing mode for the USA all-stars, then oyu must not trust your teammates. How often have we seen Iverson unselfish anyways in the regular season? :man7: >>>>>
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:49 pm

true....him moving from pg to sg was just that very reason
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:14 am

haha yea i picked up on taht quote too. I was seriously confused and i was like wait a minute, doin the right thing? I mean c'mon AI, you NEVER do the right thing with the sixers! Thats why u've lost the last 2 years!

But if u noticed when hes playin with OTHER star players, he usually passes the ball (i.e. ALL STAR game), and i think he will continue to do so durin the olympics!

Iverson must be unselfish this season with G Robinson or the sixers will hafta keep on trading their "2nd scorer"

i would be pissed if iverson was still gettin 40 shots and 30 points, i want it to be even this season, with iverson gettin around 24-26 an G Rob around 21-23
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion