Searbs are takeing over the NBA....

Postby Dragan on Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:58 pm

You sead: I don't like Dragan's message of comparing his entire country to one group in the US. Well, that group ( non black players ) has 20 times more players. So it is not in any way unfear comperesment. And as far as european games are consearned, thay are not offence oriented. Just look at the low scoring games and you`l figure it out. Very often teams confetably win games after scoring 60 something points.

There is still mutch more white Americans than Serbian, German and Spanish people all together. So his point was still valid. But even if we only take Serbia, we still have a better team. Not to mentune what former Yugoslavia team would look like. Our lineup would be something like this: Jaric, Bodiroga ( mind you he is our best player ), Stojakovic, Radmanovic and Divac. Clearly thats better than your team of LeFrenz, Miller, Scherbiack, Harpring and Williams.
Dragan

Postby Leeds on Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:15 pm

There is still mutch more white Americans than Serbian, German and Spanish people all together. So his point was still valid. But even if we only take Serbia, we still have a better team. Not to mentune what former Yugoslavia team would look like. Our lineup would be something like this: Jaric, Bodiroga ( mind you he is our best player ), Stojakovic, Radmanovic and Divac. Clearly thats better than your team of LeFrenz, Miller, Scherbiack, Harpring and Williams

Even squads like Greece(Fotsis,Tsakalidis,Rentzias,Dikoudis,Diamantopoulos),Spain(Gasol,Navarro,R.Lopez,Garbajosa),Croatia(Vujcic,Giricek,Planicic,Mulaomerovic,Tabak),France(Parker,M.Pietrus,Diaw,Weis,Wahad,Moiso),Slovenia(Nachbar,Nesterovic,Smodis,Gorenc,Lakovic,Stepania),Turkey(Turkoglu,Turckan,Okur,Besok,Kutluay),Italy(Basile,Bulleri,[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.],Marconato,A.Meneghin),Lithuania(Jasikevicius,Songaila,Javtokas,Macijauskas,Zukauskas) or Russia (Krhyapa,Kirilenko,Karassev,Chikalkin,Avleev,Pachoutine) could beat that team.
These european squads play by memory.They have been playing together for years.They will have their chances to beat that Wally,Harpring,Lafrentz team.
Leeds

Postby Dragan on Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:17 pm

It took Drazen some time to get his form back after not playing at all in Portland. And once he picked it up on offence he started picking it up on defence. And I think its unfear to sey that both Radmanovic and Kukoc are bad. Kukoc had to play out of position in his first few seasons and it realy made him look bad and killed his game. And when we are talking about level of play, as we are, we shouldnt only consired winner or losers but how people actualy played. And its to bad you were only kidding about Nelson and Blackman. It was one of your better points :jam2:

To sey that your happy matching up Lefrenc and Miller againdt Nowitcki and Gasol is understatement. Your team would be killed on mismatch with our guys takeing your guys outside ( cose thay are good shooters ) and than driving past tham to the basket. Actualy we wouldnt nead Gasol and Nowicki to win this matchup. We would be good with Divac, Radmanovic, rebraca, Drodnjak and Milicic. I never sead your outside people are stiffs. You have a few good ones. But out outside people would barry tham. And if it was Europe Vs USA we would have killed you with Gasol and Nowicki. But if its Serbia Vs USA we would beat you with Peja and Bodiroga. You would have no answer for tham. Your team would not be to bad. But it would struggle to make the playoffs in the west. Just ask the Rockets with all of the talent thay have.
Dragan

Postby Dragan on Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:25 pm

You know that I am genealy on your side. But we woudlnt wanna take this thing to far. Lets stick to Serbian team that is by far the best. But than again, he doesent even think that European team can beat his All White squad wich is just pure lack of knolage so I would rather give up.
Dragan

Postby BayAreaLakerFan on Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:21 pm

Dragan wrote:You know that I am genealy on your side. But we woudlnt wanna take this thing to far. Lets stick to Serbian team that is by far the best. But than again, he doesent even think that European team can beat his All White squad wich is just pure lack of knolage so I would rather give up.

I think we are again finally on agreement on another point, We are really taking this too far, or as we say in the USA, we are beating a dead horse but of course I need my final points.

I never said my whiteboy team would beat your Euro Team. I am not stupid: Nowitki, Gasol, and Peja are hard-core ballers. I said my team would be not "too bad" for the third time! You are not giving me much to work with right? But I think with my superior coaching, we could grind these guys into a decent basketballl team.

I was only joking about Nelson and Blackmon from the perspective of them actually playing the game and humoring Leeds with his point. Donnie Nelson is absolutely the heart of the Lithuanian team, ever since Sarunas played with Golden State there has been that relationship. The whole GSW team used to wear the tie-dyed Lithuanian shirts. His perspective on both the international game and the NBA game were pivotal to Lithuania's almost upset.

I'm through with this one... Peace

Go Lakers
BayAreaLakerFan

Postby Dragan on Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:34 am

BayAreaLakerFan wrote: I am not stupid
:mhihi:

Bottom line is: you have to agree that Serbian team is better than your white european team. Answer YES or NO.
Dragan

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion