Sheed 2 ATL, Shareef & Ratliff 2 POR (Official)

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:45 am

atlanta got a deal with sheed and person and with ratliff they are stronger on boards and sherff can put up 20 this is a good deal for both
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:57 am

I don't think Portland is done you guys....they essentially have a log jam of PF/C hybrids. They adapted Theo Ratliff in the trade with already Stephania and Dale Davis at the center spots. They already have a very productive PF in Zach Randolph and have Travis Outlaw now coming off the bench. So out of all these big men, who is gonna get the playing time....I really feel we are going to see at least one more trade involving the Blazers before the deadline.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby SWOL on Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:30 pm

ATLANTA IS OFFICALLY HELL ON EARTH
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:57 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:I don't think Portland is done you guys....they essentially have a log jam of PF/C hybrids. They adapted Theo Ratliff in the trade with already Stephania and Dale Davis at the center spots. They already have a very productive PF in Zach Randolph and have Travis Outlaw now coming off the bench. So out of all these big men, who is gonna get the playing time....I really feel we are going to see at least one more trade involving the Blazers before the deadline.

There were some Dale Davis rumors earlier this season, so I imagine he may be the one to leave.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:03 pm

I also think their next move will include Damon, they tried to move him in the Sheed deal to the Haws, but either the Hawks didn't want him or the Hawks didn't have anyone they were willing to trade for him. The team Portland trades with next, will be a team that needs a big man, and Stoudamire will be a throw in, since not too many teams want him.
JSM

Postby BDG on Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:33 pm

Wow, the Blazers are starting to look scarier with each trade they make... too bad they'll smoke their chances of winning away.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:59 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Wow, the Blazers are starting to look scarier with each trade they make... too bad they'll smoke their chances of winning away.

They certainly got a lot better. They have one of the scariest frontcourt's now. We got to watch out for them, I know they will kill us the week after All Star break. When we get everyone back, it should be a good matchup though. I don't know there isn't amy more troublemakers, so they actually may be a clean and law biding team if they are able to get rid of Patterson and Damon, which is quite possible.
JSM

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:09 pm

When I actually think about it a little more this is kinda dumb for the Hawks becuase they lost Sheef and Ratliff and next season they will Sheed becuase he isn't staying in ATL...So I don't get the hawks reasoning if they were a playoff team and maybe needed an extra boost to go all the way maybe but, they are going nowhere fast so they need sheref and Ratliff to build on becuase sheed is going bye-bye next season I don't get it
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby JSM on Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:11 pm

looks like this trade is going to work out well for the Blazers. Their first game with the new guys, they lost (98-107 to the Nuggets), but the new kids on the block did better than I expected.

The trio (Dickau, Theo, and Shareef) combined for 36 points and 23 rebounds.
JSM

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion