'Sheed could be on the move soon

'Sheed could be on the move soon

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:50 am

Rasheed Wallace's days in Portland are numbered:
The Oregonian:About 90 minutes before Wednesday's game, Trail Blazers president Steve Patterson and general manager John Nash called a meeting with Rasheed Wallace and coach Maurice Cheeks, presumably to inform the guys I'm about to jump off the bandwagon.

Either that, or something may be brewing at One Center Court.

After the closed-door meeting, Nash would say only that they discussed "a variety of topics" with Wallace, but a Blazers source said that the forward's future with the team was on the list of items discussed.

As in, "You're about to become a free agent, bub. Figure it out."

When he was introduced before the game, Wallace was booed by home fans. Then, he scored nine points and had 10 rebounds.

Wallace, who will be paid $17 million this season, will turn 30 next year. He's the fourth-highest paid player in the league, but not the fourth best.

He doesn't want to be a leader. But he will ask for leadership money.

A fter the game, Wallace did a radio interview, which the franchise asked him to do. He answered the questions intelligently. Then, a young fan was brought forward to ask Wallace a question. The forward took the kid's question seriously, looking him in the eyes, and giving a wonderful and thoughtful answer.

It's everything fans want Wallace to be.

Then, he retreated to the locker room and transformed back into a grump, declining to answer when he was asked if he wants to be in Portland next season.

"I need to take a shower," he said, standing in front of his locker.

Right now, Nash said he's busy working the phones, "seeing what's out there."
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:04 am

Whoa.... He certainty isn't the fourth best in the game, so why is he money hungry if he isn't willing to be a leader? I would sure love to be a fly on the wall.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:07 am

Cuban should be looking at this. One of the antoins and possibly Finley for Rash. This makes the mavs better, and the blazers peacer.

Postby JSM on Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:16 pm

A. Walker and Finley for Sheed and D. Anderson.

It works out financially. It would benefit both teams.

For Dallas-It would give them a big man that can score and play D. And that's what they need. Someone is going to get mad about not getting the minutes, probably Jamison...So why not trade someone before they situation there explodes, and someone demands to be traded. It would make most sense to trade Walker for Sheed cause they play the same position, and Walker wouldn't come off the bench. All their good players could play, they would just have a big line up.

For Portland-It would finally give them some peace and stability, something they haven't had in years. This would give them 2 players that can score very easily. And would improve their chances of doing better in the playoffs.

Plus remember, Sheed and Finley have been involved in countless trade rumors this summer, and deals have been so close to going through between other teams, but at the last minute they fall through.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Bryon Russell on Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:19 pm

nah jsm, thats an awful trade for the Mavs...it's like trading Bryon Russell for salary cap space....but Derek Anderson isn't equivalent to a Finley, and Antoine Walker is just a bit less than sheed...
I wish the Nuggets would trade places with the Lakers. Denver is awful.

thanks my Long Beach coach...high trajectories.
I really don't like Denver. Get me out of hell.
Bryon Russell

Return to NBA Discussion