SHEED MAY GO TO THE MAVS

SHEED MAY GO TO THE MAVS

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:22 pm

The NBA's trade deadline is a month away, but the most anticipated deal of the trading season could be completed by the end of the weekend, according to league sources.

And if it goes through, Rasheed Wallace's checks will soon be cut by the Dallas Mavericks.

"I'd put the chances at 50-50 right now," said one source close to the negotiations. "We hope to find out tonight or tomorrow."

At the very least, sources say, Dallas and Portland are motivated to bring some sort of finality to their ongoing discussions instead of letting speculation continue to smother their players from now until the Feb. 19 trading buzzer. That resolution would come in the form of a trade that sends Antawn Jamison and Tariq Abdul-Wahad to Portland for Wallace or a decision by one or both parties to end the talks and attempt to move on with their seasons.

mor here

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... id=1711380

they say he has a 50 50 chance of goin to dallas

he will be tradeed for jamison and tariq abdul wahad if it goes down
shaqpak34

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:47 pm

this is ironic cuz tha mavs and blazers played tonight....

tha mavs won 108-104...

jamison had 16 pts and wallace had 24 pts

abdul wahad didnt play

this could be tha best trade possible for tha blazers...who could get nothing for wallace if he leaves this summer...but instead they're gettin an all star caliber player in jamison and a 2nd option on offense who can score and rebound....and best of all jamison is younger and he would fit in with tha blazers new "clean" image
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:06 pm

ESPN News just reported there's a 50/50 chance he'd be dealt to the Mavs this week...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:20 pm

i bet nothing will happen...haha that'd be funny if wallace jus gets traded to tha Kings somehow...
FabFourLakers

Postby lakerfanimal on Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:22 am

its not gona happen, paul allen jus tol em not to, and hes the owner, so it not gon happen. I think knicks shud try to get him, hed be a good fit there, n wat bout him maybe goin to philly in some trade includin glen rob, cus maybe sheed wud try harda since he from philly
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:36 am

lakerfanimal wrote:its not gona happen, paul allen jus tol em not to, and hes the owner, so it not gon happen. I think knicks shud try to get him, hed be a good fit there, n wat bout him maybe goin to philly in some trade includin glen rob, cus maybe sheed wud try harda since he from philly

do u have a link for this? and pual allen is really stupid if he doesnt make thsi trade
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:52 am

now this trade rumor is supposedly DEAD
Orgonian: The Trail Blazers' trade speculation with Dallas went away Friday night, but the Blazers' troubles lingered.

A pregame meeting between Blazers general manager John Nash and Dallas director player of personnel Donnie Nelson ended at odds, with both teams agreeing to abandon trade talks.

Nash and Nelson met for about 20 minutes -- until pregame introductions -- before emerging with smiles, both content to move on with their seasons, which are heading in different directions.

"If it could mesh, we would have meshed by now," Nash said of the trade talks. "It seems like we have spent a lot of time talking, and we have been unable to come to a common ground."

Nash hinted that the trade talks were not centered solely on Rasheed Wallace.

"Everybody assumes we were talking about one individual on our roster, when frankly we were talking about a number on both," Nash said.

So a deal with Dallas is dead?

"Dead is a strong word," Nash said. "I think it's safe to say there is nothing imminent."

It looks like this leaves the door wide open for Sheed to join the Knicks
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:54 am

FabFourLakers wrote:i bet nothing will happen...haha that'd be funny if wallace jus gets traded to tha Kings somehow...

haha i guess i was right...nothing happened...i mean if they were talkin bout it so much why didtn anything happen? now i bet sheed will go NY...i mean tha blazers gotta get rid of him somehow...
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:56 am

Send Rasheed to the Knicks.

What a team that would be, what a starting lineup.

PG: Stephon Marbury
SG: Alan Houston
SF: Anfernee Hardaway
PF: Rasheed Wallace
C: Dikembe Mutombo

This is all assuming NY sends Kurt Thomas and Keith Van Horn to Portland.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:59 am

Posto wrote:Send Rasheed to the Knicks.

What a team that would be, what a starting lineup.

PG: Stephon Marbury
SG: Alan Houston
SF: Anfernee Hardaway
PF: Rasheed Wallace
C: Dikembe Mutombo

This is all assuming NY sends Kurt Thomas and Keith Van Horn to Portland.

i think tha knicks shoudl stand pat for now...thomas and van horn are playin good...marbury and van horn seemed to have forgotten about their stint in new jersey
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:03 pm

Van Horn and Thomas are playin good now, trade them while they have their trade value because both are streaky it seems.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:36 pm

Posto wrote:Van Horn and Thomas are playin good now, trade them while they have their trade value because both are streaky it seems.

yea u are right...but i dunno i think Lenny likes tha team he has now...why bring in someone that demands tha ball when u can have spread out distribution of tha ball? I mean right now they got 4-5 guys scoring in double figures every night...thats what the knicks are gonna need to make tha playoffs in tha east...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion