Sheed on the move again (rumor)

Sheed on the move again (rumor)

Postby JSM on Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:39 pm

I was watching ESPN, and David Aldridge said that the Hawks are shopping Sheed already. They don't even want for him to suit up, they want to move him immediately.

I am just wondering what are the Hawks doing. They got rid of everyone for one star and now they want him gone.

Has anyone heard anything on this? I am thinking he may be on his way to NY, but for what players?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kb8theGreat on Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:45 pm

Maybe they will give up tim thomas.
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby Musttang87 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:26 pm

ya the knicks were looking for sheed in the first place.
Musttang87

Postby KoToTheB on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:32 pm

I definitely thought that Sheed was gonna be on the move, but what i heard was detroit. Its all over the Pistons boards, and they mentioned it on Around the Horn.

I guess theyre willing to deal them cheap because the offer i heard was Sheed for Detroits first round pick....thats it

Heck, the Lakers could give up their 1st round pick for him, id do that because if we got him he could play the 3, and we would definitely be picking 28th or worse.....that might be worth it.....Shaq, Malone, Rasheed, Kobe, Payton.......why even have the playoffs?
KoToTheB

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:39 pm

but what would be the point in trading for him, when they could get him for 4.5 million this off season.

If they were to trade for him, trading Tim Thomas would not be necessary...they could trade Kurt Thomas and a couple other guys.
JSM

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:18 pm

It just looks like Atlanta is not only cleaning house...but moving house. J, have you heard anything about the owners wanting to sell or move the team. No one even comes to the games....they could be moving Rasheed strictly of his contract. Atlanta is definitely clearing up cap room...but for who....Kobe is not going there..no way...no how! In fact what high-caliber FA would want to go there. That whole franchise is in limbo. If you seriously look at Atlanta and their roster...they have no big name player with a big time contract. I really feel anybody that can be disposed, will and along too will go their contracts. This is definitely being done from an ownership stand point, no a winning standpoint. Sheed for a 1st round draft pick is enough proof of this. One this is for sure....the Hawks will have plenty to spend this summer....but on who? That part is tough to tell.

If you know anything on this J, then hollla back.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:30 pm

Well I think the Hawks are going to be like Denver next year sign FA that have talent but, are not big time stars..Then they will have a good team but, with no big superstar that is what I believe that is going to happen
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Guest on Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:48 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:It just looks like Atlanta is not only cleaning house...but moving house. J, have you heard anything about the owners wanting to sell or move the team. No one even comes to the games....
They need to move back to St. Louis. I lived in St. Louis for years and even though I never was a fan of any of the "home town" teams, I do know that St. Louis fans are some of the best in sports. They support the teams no matter how lowsy they may be. The Cardinals always draw 3 million fans each year and if you want Rams tickets, you almost have to go through a scalper. If the Hawks moved back to STL, they would sell-out every game for years. Therefore, the team would actually make a profit and have the ability to go out and pursue some free-agents so they could build a successful team. Atlanta is a terrible sports town. The Braves don't even sell-out half their home playoff games, which is pathetic. If the fans won't even come out to see a PLAYOFF game, that tells you something.

Postby Mookie on Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:49 pm

Looks like he's headed for Detroit.
Mookie

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:56 pm

I haven't heard anything about the Hawks relocating. Everything I have heard, is like what strikemode14 said, odds are not very good that Atlanta will land any big time free agents, but they will probably try to reload with a solid talented group of free agents (much like the Nuggets), they are planning on getting two good fist round picks, I am assuming one will be through a trade. And with Doc coming in next year as GM/coach, it will be a decent set of players for him to work with.

I could see them landing Okafor and Telfair.
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:01 pm

KOBE_is_better_than_MJ wrote:Looks like he's headed for Detroit.

Exactly..according to msnbc sports Larry Brown is a big fan of Rashweed and that he'd love to get his hands on another big man who can shoot (like Mehmet Okur)...and speaking of Mehmet Okur, hes a FA this summer so the Pistons are trying to get a qualified player with an expiring contract, which Rashweed Wallace fits the bill, and they're likely to move Chucky Atkins and a 1st round draft pick, and perhaps some other trash, to Atlanta if the deal falls. Jsm, I know your Atlanta team seems to have hit the bottom of the rock now, but Chucky Atkins, at least, is a decent player and Atlanta seems to be desperate moving Weed...its like they traded Shareef and Theo for nothing now...thats life in the rebuilding mode, giving out good players like candy...

There were talks about weed heading to NY but I think they died down....Isiah's had enough with another big man shooter in Timmy Thomas
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:27 pm

I don't think Sheed will end up in Detroit. There have been a lot of rumors that Dampier is on his way to the Pistons, and I think he is a lot safer bet for them, than Sheed.

The Warriors would go along with it, because they will need Chucky, since they know NVE will be leaving them as soon as this season is over
JSM

Postby lakerfanimal on Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:57 pm

he shud go to philly, him n iverson wud be off the hok
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby PrimeTime on Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:19 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I don't think Sheed will end up in Detroit. There have been a lot of rumors that Dampier is on his way to the Pistons, and I think he is a lot safer bet for them, than Sheed.

The Warriors would go along with it, because they will need Chucky, since they know NVE will be leaving them as soon as this season is over

Yea, and I don't think Benny Wallace wants to share his last name and be forced ot have B. Wallace on his jersey... LOL... Hehe just a thought...

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Return to NBA Discussion