Some new rules for next year? Article Inside

Some new rules for next year? Article Inside

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:08 pm

NEW RULES

As part of the camp, a competition-committee meeting was held that resulted in proposals for three rules changes. Tabled was expansion of the use of instant replay beyond end-of-period timing issues.

The three proposals expected to receive approval from the Board of Governors are:

The shot clock only would be reset to five seconds if the offensive team retains possession of a jump ball that comes with five or fewer seconds remaining on the shot clock. Otherwise the shot clock would not be reset. The current rule calls for a reset to 14 seconds if the jump comes with 14 or fewer seconds on the shot clock.

A team that calls a 20-second timeout for injury and also requires a full timeout to treat the player would be reimbursed the 20-second timeout. Currently, a team is charged for both a 20-second and full timeout.

Should a player be injured on the road and return for treatment in a team's home city, he would be required to miss only four games, instead of five, if it is retroactively determined he needed to be placed on the injured list.

Source - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-nbacamp06jun06,0,1820095.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlines
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:49 am

I say they should change the 3 second rules to 10 second rules, let the big men have a few more seconds to operate....
Snakell Beast

Postby lalgirl3 on Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:09 am

I like that about when a player is injured and the team calls a 20 second time out but then calls a full time out. I wish that rule was back during the series against the Spurs when Devean went down. Good change
lalgirl3

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:07 pm

I like that rule change too... So far the changes are goin pretty good, not in favor af any team or player specifically but for the league...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:27 pm

I also think they should get rid of double technicals, except in the last 2 minutes of each half, and then each team gets a free throw, make better free throw shooting teams get an advantage late...just a thought...
Snakell Beast

Return to NBA Discussion