Nate Robinson Signs with Nuggets

Nate Robinson Signs with Nuggets

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Nate Robinson Uncertain Of Future With Bulls

Nate Robinson is having perhaps his best year in the NBA this season with the Bulls, averaging 12.6 points and 4.4 assists over 72 games (22 starts).

Still, Robinson's future with the Bulls appears uncertain. For his part, the 28-year-old guard is keeping an open mind as he closes out this season and will head to free agency in the summer.

"I don't know the future, man. I'm just playing as hard as I can," Robinson said. "Wherever God wants me to be, I'll be there. If it's here, it's here. If it's not, I don't know.

"I just go like a hermit crab. I go place to place if I have to. So whatever it takes to put food in my kids' bellies and a roof over their head. It doesn't matter to me."

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2013 ... rstitial=1
Last edited by Kobe8Fan on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Nate Robinson Would Welcome Return To Knicks

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 pm

Nate Robinson Would Welcome Return To Knicks

By Jared Zwerling | ESPNNewYork.com

Nate Robinson, who will be an unrestricted free agent come July 1, would be open to returning to the Knicks, according to his agent, Aaron Goodwin.

"Nate's first thought would be to remain with the Bulls, but if the Knicks' opportunity presented itself, I am sure he would appreciate an opportunity to play in New York again," he told ESPNNewYork.com.

Robinson started his NBA career in New York, where he played four-and-a-half seasons before being traded to the Celtics in Feb. 2010. During his time with the Knicks, he averaged 12.5 points, 2.8 assists and nearly one steal in about 25 minutes per game.

Since then, Robinson has played for the Celtics, Thunder and Warriors, and he just wrapped up his first stint in Chicago, where he became one of the top playoff performers. Without Derrick Rose and mostly Kirk Hinrich due to injuries, Robinson took the reins at starting point guard and averaged 16.3 points, 4.4 assists and one steal in 12 postseason games. He helped lead the short-handed Bulls past the Nets in seven games in the first round, and then a Game 1 upset over the Heat.

In the playoffs, Robinson not only showed he can score on the bigger stage, but also his patience, consistency and decision-making as the main floor general were impressive. Those have always been question marks in his game. But against the Heat, he earned the respect of LeBron James, who wanted to guard him after Game 1.

Robinson will also be an attractive free agent for his many championship-level intangibles, including energy, spirit, confidence, fearlessness, hustle and leadership. Those qualities would win over the demanding, defensive-minded and old-school coach Mike Woodson.

The biggest question is: Would the Knicks be able to afford Robinson, who earned $1.15 million last season? Goodwin will likely seek a mid-level contract for his client, and the Knicks do have a taxpayer mid-level exception of $3.18 million to spend.

Whether or not Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni both return, the Knicks will at least explore the market for a younger backup point guard. Aaron Brooks (team option), Will Bynum, A.J. Price and Sebastian Telfair might be available, and Shane Larkin (University of Miami), Pierre Jackson (Baylor) and Nate Wolters (South Dakota State) could be free at the Knicks' pick (No. 24) in the draft.

But Robinson is arguably the best, most affordable point guard in the free-agent class. The Knicks, however, will need to evaluate how they're going to use Iman Shumpert and J.R. Smith, who will likely re-sign, next season. The Knicks envision Shumpert handling the ball more, and with Smith coming off the bench, could he play alongside Robinson, who's also known as an instant scorer entering a game?

If Robinson continues to develop running a team, he could help Smith, and others, score more easily and consistently next season. He would also help the Knicks play at a faster pace. Imagine Robinson-to-Smith alley-oops in transition -- that would sure rock the Garden crowd. The Knicks' offense took a major step back in the playoffs because they couldn't get enough deep-paint penetration. That's Robinson game -- and a whole lot more.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks ... -to-knicks
Kobe8Fan

Source: Nate Robinson Not Expected To Re-Sign With Bulls

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Source: Nate Robinson Not Expected To Re-Sign With Bulls

BY JOE COWLEY jcowley@suntimes.com June 28, 2013 12:18PM

It’s a nice thought from Gar Forman and the Bulls, but business isn’t always nice.

While the general manager indicated on Thursday night that the organization would like to bring back the likes of free agents-to-be Marco Belinelli, Nate Robinson and Nazr Mohammed there’s a good chance that only Mohammed is returning.

According to a source familiar with the situation, Robinson and his camp have already made it clear with the Bulls that the two sides will part ways, as Robinson seeks a multi-year contract. Even if that contract isn’t made available to the point guard, a one-year deal with a team that will give him extended playing time is next on his wish list.

Two requests that the Bulls cannot grant.

Technically, the Bulls can’t start talking with agents until July 1, but it was made clear to Robinson on the day after the playoffs ended for him and his teammates, that with Derrick Rose expected to be up-and-running, as well as having Kirk Hinrich and Marquis Teague as backups, Robinson could see time at either guard position, but would be more of an insurance policy than leaned on for heavy minutes like he was this past season with Rose sidelined.

Robinson knows that his value might never be higher coming off a season like he had, and silencing critics that he wasn’t the most coachable player in the league. You put a year in under coach Tom Thibodeau, and stay mostly dog-house free, that’s an accomplishment.

On the other hand, Belinelli would like to return, but would likely have to give the Bulls a discount in order to do. The market is expected to price Belinelli out of Chicago.

“Some will depend on what the market is, and they’ve got to get a feel from that, we’ve got to get a feel from that,’’ Forman said of those players returning. “But we certainly want to bring back some of the guys that we had last year if it’s the right fit as far as both sides are concerned.’’

With the Bulls focusing on outside shooters Tony Snell and Erik Murphy in Thursday’s NBA Draft, they still didn’t address the hole behind center Joakim Noah. Taj Gibson showed that he can come off the bench and play center in certain matchups, but he’s still a power forward.

Mohammed is cheap, knows the system, and played well the last six weeks of the season.

The only way that free-agent mindset changes for the Bulls is if they are able to unload the last year of Luol Deng’s $14.3 million contract, but that doesn’t sound like a priority. Not for a team that feels it can challenge next season with all the parts returning and healthy.

“Luol is a big piece of what we’re doing, he’s been a big piece of the success we’ve had the last couple of years, and he’ll continue to be a big piece of what we’re doing moving forward,’’ Forman sad.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketba ... ource.html

I would love for Nate to sign with the Lakers. There's was talk that he really wanted to be a Laker this past season. But one thing that I think why it won't happen. No, it ain't money. Even if the Lakers have the money Nate wants, it's Mike D'Antoni. D'Antoni DISLIKES Nate. He and Nate have clashed too many times in NY.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Source: Nate Robinson Not Expected To Re-Sign With Bulls

Postby kobe_008 on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:39 pm

this is the guy our team needs a spark off the bench
kobe_008

Postby JSM on Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 am

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2h
Chicago contacted Nate Robinson and offered the minimum, per a source. He's searching for a more lucrative multi-year deal after big season.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 22 Jul
Nate Robinson to sign with Nuggets using bi-annual, sources tell Y! Sports.

Nate Robinson's contract is a two-year deal using the bi-annual exception, a source tells Y! Sports.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Nate Robinson Signs with Nuggets

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:47 am

Steal of the of the summer. This guy alongside Noah played with more balls than anyone during the playoffs.
Frank Dux

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:34 am

The Nuggets: where short PGs go.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:27 pm

He never seems to be able to find a permanent home.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby noobiew on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 pm

JSM wrote:
Nate Robinson's contract is a two-year deal using the bi-annual exception, a source tells Y! Sports.

What exactly is his contract with the Nuggets ? two year deal using bi-annual exception is how much ? more than a MLE contract ?
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:35 am

^^^^ 2 M a year
wcsoldier81

Postby noobiew on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:41 am

^ Damn, 2 million per year? I actually thought he will get a fat contract after his last season performance with Bulls. :man4:

Couldn't the Lakers match that !? :man5:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:33 am

noobiew wrote:^ Damn, 2 million per year? I actually thought he will get a fat contract after his last season performance with Bulls. :man4:

Couldn't the Lakers match that !? :man5:

Nope. Unless they wanted to wanted to split the mini-MLE for him. I wouldn't have done that. We went after Farmar who was cheaper and fit better for our needs while also getting Kaman who, when healthy, will provide us with a solid front court.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to NBA Discussion