Spurs-Mavs officiating

Postby BDG on Sat May 24, 2003 8:15 pm

wow you finally changed your name... i saw the mavs attack the basket a lot in that game and get no calls. anyway, you can get more than three or four calls when you're just shooting on the PERIMETER! it just doesn't make sense. duncan gets every call. i'm not saying that the refs give duncan the call when he misses, but they never make mistakes when duncan is shooting the ball. by the way, why dont you register??
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby TheKobeStopper on Sat May 24, 2003 8:48 pm

I allready tried a bunch of times it will not let me.So I just decided to leave it like this.
TheKobeStopper

Postby Slayer Alstarx (maybe) on Sun May 25, 2003 7:35 pm

Try logging in with the info that you used, it's a littlle glitchy but it should work.
It's also a good idea to register because anyone can come in as a guest and type any name that they want. I could not log in, then say something stupid on your behalf and get you flamed.
Slayer Alstarx (maybe)

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 25, 2003 7:37 pm

Slayer Alstarx (maybe) wrote:Try logging in with the info that you used, it's a littlle glitchy but it should work.
It's also a good idea to register because anyone can come in as a guest and type any name that they want. I could not log in, then say something stupid on your behalf and get you flamed.

:man7: :man3:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Sun May 25, 2003 7:38 pm

For the record that was me. I was actually thinking of doing something like that until I read that you were having trouble. nothing serious, just enough to get your attention...hope I didn't give anybody else any ideas...
Slayer Alstarx

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun May 25, 2003 9:20 pm

I know what u were tryin to do.. Cuz as guests u can write any dayam name, and no one will know if it's them or not..
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Sun May 25, 2003 11:35 pm

Exactamundo!
now, back to the topic again:

I know that Dallas was jacking up a lot of jumpers tonite, but it is still lopsided as all getout.
Spurs shot 26-31 from the line, and Dallas shot 9-13.
Anybody ever seen a silver platter job?
If they call 'em that lopsided in NJ, THEN will you doubters out there believe me?
Somthing stinks, methinks.
first game Dallas got 49 free throws. Since then they have how many? Not much.
Slayer Alstarx

Spurs-Mavs officiating

Postby LakerLady on Tue May 27, 2003 10:45 pm

What I've seen in all the series is that the officiating is ridiculously inconsistent. If the rules are the rules, how can one move be a foul in one game but not another? And I'm sorry, but when the FTAs are seriously out of whack, I can't believe there's that much difference between two teams of professionals. Something's going on that shouldn't be.

Giving San Antonio their due as a classy team, my observation is that their players and coach are similar to the Lakers in that area, as far as I can remember. They gave the Lakers their due when we defeated them and when they defeated us, just as we do. Think of some of the other teams we've played, such as Sac, where some of the players walked off the court without congratulating us (same thing with Portland), Adelman said we weren't the better team, and most of the players spent the summer saying they'd been cheated.

Being the loyal Laker fan that I am, though, I have to go with the Mavs on the "beat the team that beat you" principle and with the Nets on the "once a Laker, always a Laker" rule for Byron.
LakerLady

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Wed May 28, 2003 10:44 am

Well, Dallas won last night. FT stats: DALLAS 23-23 S.A. 24-38.
If SA made more of their FT's then they win. That being said, all those misses evened it up, and SA lost, as predicted. Call 'em fair, and may the best team win!
Slayer Alstarx

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 2:35 pm

duncan missed all SEVEN! great job!!!!!!!!! :man10:

GO MAVERRRRRRRRRRRRICKS!!!!!!!!! KISS THE SPURS [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] OUT OF THE NBA FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby TheKobeStopper on Wed May 28, 2003 5:52 pm

Lets see I remember that game 6 against Spurs about 2 weeks ago.Everyone said that Lakers are gona win that game.The Spurs had there backs against the wall,the whole damn world was against them!And in the end they won by 28 points.Instead of this happening against the Spurs this time it was the Mavs.What the mavs did was amazing and incredible.I have never seen anything like it before.But I tell you what after seeing the Spurs after that one they looked pist.I think the Spurs are gona come out and win game 6.I want the Spurs to win the whole thing.I want to see David go out with that ring and ride into the sunset.A man like David deserves even more than that!
TheKobeStopper

Postby LakerLady on Wed May 28, 2003 6:12 pm

TheKobeStopper wrote:I want to see David go out with that ring and ride into the sunset.A man like David deserves even more than that!

Sorry, but I've never understood this line of thinking. You don't get handed a ring just because you're a good guy. You get a ring because you and your team EARN it. The NBA championship isn't about your community or humanitarian good works; Robinson's been recognized for and earned his awards in that area. The championship is about skill, focus, determination, and heart, along with a large dose of luck, such as all your key players being healthy. Maybe the Spurs will go all the way this year; how they continually blow big leads and choke in the fourth quarter isn't a good sign, though.
LakerLady

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 6:21 pm

LakerLady wrote:
TheKobeStopper wrote:I want to see David go out with that ring and ride into the sunset.A man like David deserves even more than that!

Sorry, but I've never understood this line of thinking. You don't get handed a ring just because you're a good guy. You get a ring because you and your team EARN it. The NBA championship isn't about your community or humanitarian good works; Robinson's been recognized for and earned his awards in that area. The championship is about skill, focus, determination, and heart, along with a large dose of luck, such as all your key players being healthy. Maybe the Spurs will go all the way this year; how they continually blow big leads and choke in the fourth quarter isn't a good sign, though.

:bow: thank you! mah words EXACTLY
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Guest on Wed May 28, 2003 6:35 pm

Wow,Lakerlady that was pretty good you brought up a good point.I agree with you a 100% that it is all about how you have earn it.But I do think David did earn it he took the Spurs team for nothing to something.To this Day if he was not there I think that team would be a dead franchse.In my opinion I think David deserves this ring for what he has done for this francise.

Postby LakerLady on Wed May 28, 2003 7:09 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]Wow,Lakerlady that was pretty good you brought up a good point.I agree with you a 100% that it is all about how you have earn it.But I do think David did earn it he took the Spurs team for nothing to something.To this Day if he was not there I think that team would be a dead franchse.In my opinion I think David deserves this ring for what he has done for this francise.[/quote

Well, I can understand why you'd want to see Robinson get another ring because of everything he's done for the franchise. Utah fans likely think the same thing about Stockton and Malone, T'Wolves fans about Garnett, and so forth. Maybe we're just getting hung up on language here, but I don't think anyone is owed anything when it comes to the playoffs. As a team, you still have to win those 4 out of 7 each series, no matter what an individual player has meant to a franchise over the years.
LakerLady

Postby Snake Eyes on Wed May 28, 2003 7:21 pm

Officiating is crap all year. When a team goes into the Spurs or Kings arena your backs are allready against the wall because of the officiating. Its like if there being payed off. Even though they arent.
Snake Eyes

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed May 28, 2003 9:20 pm

Who says they aren't :man1:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Wed May 28, 2003 10:03 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:Who says they aren't :man1:

yeah! :jam2:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Thu May 29, 2003 10:35 pm

Not to beat a dead horse,
First, congrats to the Spurs, they are going to represent the west in the NBA finals.
Now some numbers.
Before that let me mention that I did not see, listen to, or even read any recaps about the game. I just went to espn and checked the foul situation. I noticed that the free throws weren't that lopsided. Total fouls for the game:
S.A 18 Dallas 20. Pretty even right? Okay, now let's break it down by quarter.
1st quarter S.A 3 fouls Dallas 3 fouls
2nd quarter S.A 6 fouls Dallas 4 fouls
3rd Quarter S.A 6 fouls Dallas 4 fouls
4th Quarter S.A 3 fouls Dallas 9 fouls.

by the way, in the 4th, Dallas had committed 4 fouls before S.A has one.
I'm not making excuses, Dallas folded. But unless Dallas' strategy or S.A. changed drastically in the fourth, then this disparity in the 4th clearly stinks.
I didn't see or listen to the game. I'm just looking at fouls.
On to the Nets.
Comments?
Slayer Alstarx

Postby Reddy on Fri May 30, 2003 5:26 am

Nets win in uh 6 or 7 PLEEEEEEEEEESE WIN NETS!!!!!!
GO NETS!!!!!!
WIN ONE FOR BRYON! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion