Spurs Still Attempting To Trade DeJuan Blair

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:22 am

Spurs Shopping DeJuan Blair

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Spurs are shopping forward DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Spurs have Euro picks they could bring over next season, need roster space.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/ ... 0664465408
Kobe8Fan

Re: Spurs Still Attempting To Trade DeJuan Blair

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:24 am

DeJuan Blair Expects Trade From Spurs

by Mike Monroe in DeJuan Blair, Olympics, San Antonio Spurs

LAS VEGAS — DeJuan Blair started 62 of 66 games for the Spurs last season. When he looked at the standings, he saw they had a 50-16 record, equaling Chicago for the best mark in the NBA during the shortened regular season.

In the playoffs, the wide-bodied Spurs center-forward found himself on the bench. He played in only 10 of San Antonio’s 14 playoff games. He did not start a single game. His total playing time in the playoffs: 76 minutes.

Blair views that as a message, and a strong one: It seems the Spurs doubt him. And because of that, he has his doubts that he will play a fourth season in silver and black.

A member of the select team that is helping the U.S. Olympic team prepare for London, a trimmed-down Blair is showcasing his talent in front of NBA coaches, general managers and scouts on hand at UNLV’s Mendenhall Center practice court to watch spirited scrimmage sessions.

“I’m trying to get down to 260 (pounds), and it’s working,” Blair said. “I’ll be great by September. I know I’m on the trading block, so we’ll see what happens.”

Blair makes no attempt to hide his feelings when he discusses his diminished role in the playoffs, including his belief he might be better off elsewhere.

“I love the Spurs, but they’ve got a lot of ‘bigs,’ and they’re bringing somebody else from overseas, so where am I going to fall at?” he said. “I was out of the rotation at the end of the season, so imagine next year.

“That’s something I really don’t want to go through again, because it tore me down.”

The European player Blair believes the Spurs want to add for next season is 6-foot-11 Slovenian center Erazem Lorbeck, 28, who plays in the Spanish ACB League and whose rights the Spurs obtained as part of the 2011 draft-night deal that sent Blair’s pal, George Hill, to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for the draft rights to Kawhi Leonard.

Blair also presumes the Spurs want to re-sign Boris Diaw, the 6-foot-9 center-forward from France who signed a free-agent contract with the Spurs in late March and ended up with the starting center spot he once manned.

Blair doesn’t question Spurs coach Gregg Popovich’s decision making, as difficult as it was for him to accept a reduced role.

“I had a ball last season, except for the playoffs,” he said. “I had fun on the bench, cheering. It was great to see the fellas play hard and win and everything. Pop’s a great coach, but I wasn’t what he wanted at that time. So take it as ‘what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger.’

“It definitely made me stronger, but it definitely kept my head down. It happened the last two years. I really don’t know what’s going on. It messes my head up. It’s tough. Boris came and was a better fit. At the same time, I stayed positive and had a great attitude and kept going and had a lot of class. I grew up a lot.”

Blair turned 23 as the post-lockout season concluded in late April. What has happened since requires maturity.

“The Spurs are excellent,” he said. “They used me to get everybody going and just get to the playoffs. That’s what it’s seemed like the last two seasons. But it’s a business, and everybody has their role, and I played mine, obviously, in the season. That’s proved right now.

“We were No. 1 the last two seasons when I was starting, and then lost in the playoffs when I wasn’t. That’s just, well, I don’t know, common sense.

“But I’ll be all right.”

Getting the call from USA Basketball to be part of the select team that is helping the Olympians prepare for London has helped Blair cope with what he believes is an uncertain NBA future.

“It’s great,” he said. “It’s a chance to compete against the world’s best. Hopefully, maybe one day I can be on the (Olympic) team.

“I don’t know how the select team works. Maybe I can play somewhere for Team USA next summer.”

mikemonroe@express-news.net

Twitter: @Monroe_SA

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnatio ... xt-season/
Kobe8Fan

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:26 am

Written by Paul Garcia | 06 August 2012

If there's one San Antonio Spurs player who has drawn a lot of attention in this offseason not involving a bar fight, it's Spurs forward DeJuan Blair. Since the day before the NBA Draft back in June, Blair has been rumored to be on the trading block.DB

After taking part in a youth basketball camp in his hometown of Pittsburgh recently, Blair told Douglas Farmer of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the Spurs do indeed have him on the trading block, but with the class the Spurs are known for, Blair says they're looking to put him in his best possible chance to excel in the future.

"Hopefully, I stay a Spur, but if it doesn't happen, life moves on," Blair said. "They've got me on the trade market and they'll do the best to get me in the greatest situation possible."

Even though Blair hasn't been happy over his diminished role in the playoffs over the past three seasons, he says that it's all been a process for him to grow into the mature player that he is today.

"They never let me mess up or make mistakes. It's been a great experience. I would love to spend the rest of my career there, but like I keep saying, it's a business."

As for his offseason, Blair knows why he has lost a good chunk of his minutes, it's because of his lack of a perimeter shot. Today, he says he's working to make that an important part of his game.

"It was wonderful," he said of the challenge. "I lost about 16 pounds, and I'm getting my shot. Once I can drain that 15-footer and get my body toned up, it's going to be great.

Here's a quick timeline of how Blair's summer has gone so far involving his trade situation.

June 28 - The day before the NBA draft, a report broke that the Spurs were trying to trade Blair to clear roster space for European players coming from overseas. One of those guys is Nando De Colo, the other was Erazem Lorbek, who decided to stay in Spain. In that report, the source said Blair was open to being moved because of his lack of playing time in the playoffs.

July 09 - While training with the United States Select team in Las Vegas, Blair told Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express News that he felt his days were numbered in the silver and black, because of the amount of big men the team already had.

July 10 - The following day, an announcement was made that Boris Diaw intended to re-sign with the Spurs. Re-singing Diaw, the player who took more of Blair's minutes, was yet another sign the team was moving in the direction with Diaw as the future.

July 12 - Blair's agent Happy Walters told a local television station that he felt this coming season was going to be Blair's last with the Spurs, if Blair even made it that far, as he has a non-guaranteed contract this coming season. That means the Spurs have until early January to trade him or decide to waive him.

July 13 - A report broke out of that the Spurs were looking for a future first-round draft pick for Blair.

August 7 - Today, Blair has admitted the Spurs are indeed looking to trade him, but it's good to see they're looking for the best possible place for him.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articl ... arket.html
Kobe8Fan

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:34 pm

if im the spurs i call up the jazz millsap for blair/mills/splitter
PurpleNGold1

Postby Kou on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:21 pm

Blair has a great attitude.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells