Spurs

Spurs

Postby topcat61 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:28 pm

Looks like no Kidd or Mourning for the Spurs! Ha! And no soup for the Mavs either!! But we still need to keep our eys on the Spurs. They still have lots of $$$ to throw at somebody. They don't need a superstar at center-they got by with D-Rob last year and he was a shell of his former self. Brad Miller or Rasho would be similar to D-Rob-Neither can stop Shaq but who can? PJ Brown to the Spurs with Duncan in the middle would be something to think about. I am stoked about our chances for Banner #15 but don't count out the Spurs just yet. They have Duncan-and as boring as the man is-the guy is a force; he boards and racks up points every night. Parker is very good, and their role players were terrific.

Speaking of teams that all Laker fans hate-we are now within reach of
overtaking the Celtic's record of 16 titles (I think that right). Plus Phil can pass grumpy old Red Auerbach with one more ring.
Laker fan since JW hit his famous 55 ft jumper against the Knicks, 1970. First game I ever watched. Loved the Lakers with the cool uniforms.
topcat61

Postby SWOL on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:41 pm

I DONT CARE WHO THEY GET TONY PARKERS FRENCH [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] WILL BE WATCHING FROM HOME WITH THE REST OF HIS SORRY [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] TEAM......A BOAT PARADE??????THATS GAY
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Ring It Up on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:44 pm

Jason Kidd and Jermaine Oneal was their best hope and they got neither. Who can they now team with Duncan that can combat with Shaq and Malone? The Spurs are one and done.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Coppertop on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:00 pm

Who do you think the Spurs can pick up???

I think Brand is going to the Jazz or staying with the Clips since he's a restricted FA.

I think Brad Miller will resign with the Pacers since Jermaine is staying, besides, why would Miller want to play Shaq FOUR times a year.

I think PJ Brown could go there, but I think they need a better shooter to complement Duncan. I wouldn't be worried if PJ goes there.

Howard is between Wolves or Pistons.

Who of any value can the Spurs get? I wonder if they might just hold off and wait till Kobe becomes a FA at the end of next year. After the support we're giving him in his legal crap, Kobe would be a fool to leave LA.
Coppertop

SPURS

Postby MPLS. LAKER on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:51 pm

The worst(and I mean the worst) thing that could happen to us just did.....Kidd is going to stay with New Jersey!!! If kidd goes to the Spurs ,they would have so many problems trying to get Parker's head on right, it would be unreal. Team chemistry goes out the door. Parker was not going to give up the point position for Kidd or anyone else. Their own newspaper(Express News) is reporting that Parker is only now saying how he really felt because of his respect for Pop. It also reports that Pop was upset because he felt like Parker was listening to the wrong people.If they could have gotten Kidd then without question Claxston would have been gone......and maybe some team chemistry? Remember, it was not so long ago that we had a TEAM that did not win it all for the same reason.With that said...Please reconsider Jason.
MPLS. LAKER

Not A Lakers Fan

Postby DMoNeY on Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:42 pm

Kidd going to NJ is a bad thing? What the hell? Who are you? Oh, wait I know, you are a San Antonio fan, please get the hell out now. Your post was so ridiculous, please dont post anymore of your thoughts. It's the best thing that could have happened.
We only meet Jason Kidd 2 times a year, and maybe in the Finals. Indiana is coming up and so is Detroit, so it wont be a free ride for NJ.
Your post, straight ludacris ya damn Spurs fan. Dont be mad cuz your boys are going nowhere next year. They have no one, ha ha ha.

MPLS. LAKER - BANNED FROM CLUBLAKERS.COM, POSSIBLE SAN ANTONIO FAN, PLEASE BE AWARE
DMoNeY

Postby thelakeshow on Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:16 pm

i think the spurs got [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] i really think that they think they were gonna get kidd but he doesnt come so now thair getting players that are good but not that good i start to feel sorry for them then i say hahhahahhaha the spurs got [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] like the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] they are
thelakeshow

Postby SWOL on Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:33 pm

yeah but what if they throw 10 mil at Karl Malone then were [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
SWOL

Postby Coppertop on Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:52 pm

Karl is already buying a house here, he's not changing his mind.
Coppertop

Postby Roscoe on Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:23 pm

The Spurs could just stand pat with what they have and wait till next year to sign a big name free agent...
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:54 pm

like DUM DA DUM DUM.... KEVIN GARNETT! But I don't think Garnett's going anywhere... but you never know... he has a price.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby la21834 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:42 pm

does not matter they are screwed
la21834

Postby LAKERS4LIFE on Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:01 pm

The Spurs are not going to get Maggette either. The Nuggets made him a 7 mil/yr offer which he accepted. So now he must wait to see if the Clippers pick it up. Otherwise he's in Denver. So now the availbale free agents are dwindling more.
LAKERS4LIFE

Postby BDG on Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:14 pm

Magette would be a nice fit for the Nuggets... I'm still shocked at the Spurs' inability to sign a FA with REAL cap room! They're either waiting for next year or they've got somethin under their sleeve.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakerFan1972 on Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:26 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Magette would be a nice fit for the Nuggets... I'm still shocked at the Spurs' inability to sign a FA with REAL cap room! They're either waiting for next year or they've got somethin under their sleeve.

I am not sure what is more surprising Lakers getting two HOF-ers or Spurs not being able to find anyone who wants their money. I just hope they find someone to take some of their cap money. I do not want them to save their cap money and wait till next year. I would not want to see them in a position to go after Garnett or Kobe next year.

Spurs still need a center. I could see them go after Rasho Nesterovic of Minny or Brad Miller of Indy.
LakerFan1972

Postby SWOL on Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:46 am

SAME PROBLEM WE HAD FOR 3 YEARS .......... NO ONE WANTS TO BE MITCH RICHMAN, THE COAT TAIL RIDER, PLAYERS WANT TO FEEL LIKE THEY ARE THE MISSING PIECE, NOT A LEACH
SWOL

Postby Guest on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:20 pm

I heard rumors last night on 690 that P.J. had agreed to stay in New Orleans for a 4 year/40 million dollar deal? Is this true? If so, there goes another player the Spurs missed out on.. haha

Postby Guest on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:23 pm

^

Never mind.. just saw the other post on P.J.. Spurs are getting screwed in every direction.. muahahahaha

Postby hupy s;i on Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:11 pm

P.J Brown is staying in New Orlenss, it said it on ESPN
hupy s;i

Postby lakers frizzo on Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:13 am

the spurs better be saving up for a big name player like garnett because a player like kobe isnt what they need and plus kobe will retire a laker!!! the idea of garnett in a spurs uniform is scary but hey wait we got payton malone kobe and shaq huh even though it might turn out to be shaqs last if we cant get a deal worked out with kobe but with the larry bird exception i hope mitch knows what hes doing or that he hires a few body guards next year if hes a fool!!!!
is shaq satisfied with three titles and continuing to blow up to 400 lbs or will he get the other hunger back and get down to 320 and win three more?? GO LAKERS 2004-06 CHAMPS!!!
lakers frizzo

Return to NBA Discussion