Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby The Rock on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:41 pm

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/322821736854851584

San Antonio has waived Stephen Jackson, league source tells Y! Sports.


Their SG/SF rotation now is Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard and Manu. Kobe is probably going :man13: right now

I hope we get him next year as Kobe's backup
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby Nashty Gal on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:53 pm

yeah, because we don't have enough old guys :man10:
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
User avatar
Nashty Gal

 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby The Rock on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:55 pm

^ lol he doesnt play like an old guy though
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby The Rock on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:02 pm

lol he posted this on instagram a couple of hours ago

http://instagram.com/p/YA-XCBRfx0/#
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby therealdeal on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm not very interested. Unless he wanted to come here for the minimum, I'd pass.

We simply don't have the money to hand out to people and especially to older veterans. Our mini-MLE is reserved this summer for young blood.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby Juronimo on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:03 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm not very interested. Unless he wanted to come here for the minimum, I'd pass.

We simply don't have the money to hand out to people and especially to older veterans. Our mini-MLE is reserved this summer for young blood.


Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson together again? Remember what happened last time they were teammates? :scurred:
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby Rooscooter on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:45 pm

If he was valuable SA wouldn't have let him go....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22946
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby abeer3 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:50 pm

i thought he could be a playoff wildcard for them. guys like green and neal have kinda wet themselves in the past. guess he was being a problem in the locker room? no other reason to just dump a dude right before the playoffs.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10398
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby trodgers on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Juronimo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'm not very interested. Unless he wanted to come here for the minimum, I'd pass.

We simply don't have the money to hand out to people and especially to older veterans. Our mini-MLE is reserved this summer for young blood.


Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson together again? Remember what happened last time they were teammates? :scurred:

SJax's comments about Ron after the incident are really hilarious.

Jackson: After we calmed down, [Artest] looked at me like, "Jack, you think we going to get in trouble?" Jamaal Tinsley fell out laughing. I said, "Are you serious, bro? Trouble? Ron, we'll be lucky if we have a freaking job." That lets me know he wasn't in his right mind, to ask that question.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46542
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby therealdeal on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:11 am

:man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:57 am

Surprising move. Next stop...Miami?
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby keyindabox on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:36 am

JSM wrote:Surprising move. Next stop...Miami?


Funny thing is that it really wouldn't surprise me.
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
Image
BLACK MAMBA
User avatar
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: njz

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 am

If you're too old for the Spurs, you're too old, don't want him next season.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby Frank Dux on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:14 am

No thank you. He's always been pretty inefficient player, but this year he was especially bad.

8.1 PER, .473 TS%, 27% from 3, 37% from the field, 6.1 ppg.

He's about as bad as it gets folks.
User avatar
Frank Dux

 
Posts: 4199
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby XXIV on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Looks like his game really went down hill this season, which is a surprise to me. He was a really key player for the Spurs during their playoff run last year, he was hitting an insane amount of threes.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:04 pm

trodgers wrote:
Juronimo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I'm not very interested. Unless he wanted to come here for the minimum, I'd pass.

We simply don't have the money to hand out to people and especially to older veterans. Our mini-MLE is reserved this summer for young blood.


Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson together again? Remember what happened last time they were teammates? :scurred:

SJax's comments about Ron after the incident are really hilarious.

Jackson: After we calmed down, [Artest] looked at me like, "Jack, you think we going to get in trouble?" Jamaal Tinsley fell out laughing. I said, "Are you serious, bro? Trouble? Ron, we'll be lucky if we have a freaking job." That lets me know he wasn't in his right mind, to ask that question.

:man10: :man10: at the quote ^^
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11672
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby JSM on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:56 am

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA 1h
RT @suuiluap: what's next for Stephen Jackson? ---> heard he was talking with Miami.. they have 14 guys, 13 with guarantees

Why am I not surprised
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Spurs waive Stephen Jackson

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:11 am

Surprise, surprise.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40333
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm


Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.