Spurs win 13th straight...

Spurs win 13th straight...

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:51 pm

well their easy schedule continues....thats 13 in a row...but they've played crappy teams to get to number 13...i mean take a look at it:

magic, heat, bulls, blazers, rockets, rockets again, grizzlies, raptors, sonics, blazers again, clippers, magic again, and bucks

they havent played any GOOD teams in this stretch, i think they played 2 good teams outta those 13, tha blazers who are seriously dr. jekel or mr. hyde this year, and tha rockets...and if u wanna count tha grizzlies as a good team too...

they havent played tha twolves, kings, mavs, lakers, nets, pacers, hornets, or pistons yet...but there will be one stretch at tha start of 2004 where they'll face tha sixers, nuggets, hawks, twolves, pacers and hornets...they HAFTO lose atleast ONE or TWO of those games...and some of those are back to back too...man they have had it TOO easy...i hate tha NBA for this...how easy can their schedule get? but of course same with us...we shoulda won some gms that we've lost...despite only 11 gms in december...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:00 pm

well next month they got a tougher schedule, they play 17 games

And it looks like they will only get 6 or 7 wins out of those

They play the Pacers and Hornets twice

Kings once

Nets once

Pistons once

T-Wolves once

Nuggets once

All of these will be tough games, plus a few others they might lose to (Suns and Jazz)
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby magicmoment on Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:22 am

that was easy [the last 13 games].. wait till they get harder teams. they'll have a hard time
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby NBN on Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:35 am

magicmoment wrote:that was easy [the last 13 games].. wait till they get harder teams. they'll have a hard time

yea man.. agree
bball
NBN

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:41 pm

i cant believe tha spurs are #1 in tha power rankings...didnt they look at tha TYPE OF TEAMS they baet?! well i guess we deserve to be bumped down to #2...we played TERRIBLE in tha month of december...but hey lets use that as MOTIVATION...already tha critics are startin to move towards tha spurs again and kissin tha champs @$$e$...lets get them back in JANUARY...hopefullly we will still have 7 losses at tha end of JANUARY...cuz we might have alot more comin in FEBRUARY...that 7 game road trip is gonna be HECTIC...
FabFourLakers

Re: Spurs win 13th straight...

Postby Roscoe on Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:36 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:well their easy schedule continues....thats 13 in a row...but they've played crappy teams to get to number 13...i mean take a look at it:

magic, heat, bulls, blazers, rockets, rockets again, grizzlies, raptors, sonics, blazers again, clippers, magic again, and bucks

they havent played any GOOD teams in this stretch, i think they played 2 good teams outta those 13, tha blazers who are seriously dr. jekel or mr. hyde this year, and tha rockets...and if u wanna count tha grizzlies as a good team too...

they havent played tha twolves, kings, mavs, lakers, nets, pacers, hornets, or pistons yet...but there will be one stretch at tha start of 2004 where they'll face tha sixers, nuggets, hawks, twolves, pacers and hornets...they HAFTO lose atleast ONE or TWO of those games...and some of those are back to back too...man they have had it TOO easy...i hate tha NBA for this...how easy can their schedule get? but of course same with us...we shoulda won some gms that we've lost...despite only 11 gms in december...

Well the Blazers and Rockets beat us. And I think the Grizzlies did too, I'm not too sure though gotta double check on this. But the point is they didn't take these teams lightly and we did. Thas why we're number 2....

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby PiEdIe on Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:47 am

I ABSOLUTELY HATEEE THE SPURS, ALMOST AS MUCH AS I HATE THE KINGS!!! I HATE MANU GINOBILI THE MOST OF ALL PLAYERS< FUKKING HOOOO
PiEdIe

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:10 pm

yea spurs shoudl win their next 2 games...well maybe their NEXT game against a shorthanded sixer team...who will be once again without AI...

after Philly they face a rejuvenated DENVER team that BEAT san antonio in san antonio's 2nd game of tha season...so we'll see how that turns out
FabFourLakers

Postby FoldedSpace on Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:34 pm

Mark my words Spurs are Comin,and their back to seek some vengence.

other teams: :boxing1: :Spurs
FoldedSpace

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:24 pm

They still don't have the best record in the NBA.

But in all seriousness, they are playing teams they should beat... their streak doesn't surprise me...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:52 pm

HA tha spurs were EXPOSED today...

so they're at home against a team that has lost 4 straight in this 5 game west coast road trip...and theyre also playin a team that is EXTREMELY shorthanded and WITHOUT their top scorer and leader (Iverson) and also without key role players (Mckie and Jackson)

And USUALLY on tha last game of a LONG road trip, u play REALLY bad and LOSE tha game...

so what happens? tha sixers SHUT DOWN tha spurs late in tha 4th, and shut down DUNCAN who had NO FGS(yes, no fgs) thru 3 quarters(2nd 3rd and 4th)...

and tha sixers END tha spurs streak at 13...

and what makes me happy is that tha last team tha spurs lost to was tha LAKERS, and NOW they lose to my OTHER favorite team tha SIXERS to end tha 13 game winning streak ...

HA what a great day...now tha clippers need to get a win against tha kings to make it better!
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:53 pm

they were supposed to be so great, and yet the lose to an AI-less Sixers. 83-77. It looks like it didn't take a good team to break their streak.

If they lost to that Sixers team, I don't care how many they win straight, how can they expect to beat a good team (something they haven't faced in 13+ games). This Spurs team is nowhere near as good as last year's team and won't even make it to the conference finals.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:10 pm

whats their next game? @denver...hmm last time they were there...i believe they LOST by 9? 80-71? i think that was their 2nd game of tha season?

they could be gettin MORE losses in tha next 6 games:

back to back: @ denver, washington
back to back: @new orleans, indiana(toughest back to back yet)
back to back: @atlanta, minnesota(key game...could be for leader of division)

so their next 6 games are all pairs of back to backs...3 home, and 3 away...anyone think they can rally off and win all 6? i sure as hell dont think they will and certainly hope they continue to lose...tha only guaranteed wins here should be against washington and atlanta...tha other 4 are gonna be tuff..

of course i hope they continue to lose...cuz if they had won todays game..they woulda bee tied with us for first at 23-10
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:27 pm

Spurs have little to no offense. Iif they didn't have good defense, they would be one of the worst teams in the league.

Horrible offense and Duncan wen't like 2-11 from the line.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:44 pm

Posto wrote:Spurs have little to no offense. Iif they didn't have good defense, they would be one of the worst teams in the league.

Horrible offense and Duncan wen't like 2-11 from the line.

holy crap i didnt even notice it was that bad! 3-13?! no wonder they lost...and he was only 4-12 from tha field...theres tha 2 time mvp right there folks...
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:45 pm

and oh yea...tha sixers swept tha sseason series today...they also won a game on national TV in tha early moments of tha season in philly 100-96...this is great hopefully my OTHER favorite team tha LAKERS can ALSO get a season sweep on tha spurs when they play in april!
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:46 pm

SA's defense wasn't all that great either. They let Snow and Coleman combine for 30 second half points
JSM

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:53 pm

3-13 from the line...Timmy must have watched a tape of Shaq shooting free throws, because that's not very Duncan like, maybe he is trying a new shooting style of technique, or something. Maybe we can try a hack-a-Tim.

And only 4-12 from the field, that must have been a combo of good defense from Coleman and a bad night from Duncan
JSM

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:56 pm

the funniest part of his poor night at the line, had to be the free throw he air balled :man10:
JSM

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:09 pm

something I found interesting is the same team that went on a 13 game winning streak also has the wirst free throw percentage in the league-67.9%
JSM

Return to NBA Discussion