Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby Finwë on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:12 am

therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:Blake is usually one of the most criticized guys on the team. And he deserves most of it. But like it's fair to criticize him when he doesn't perform, I think we should also give him credit when he deserves it.
In this case, I think he deserves credit for his work ethic and dedication. Just listen to what Brown has to say about him in today's practice report and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about:
http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/121005brown
I think he should get recognition not only from his coach but from fans of the team that sure give it to other players when hearing about stuff like this.

I think Blake is a great teammate and I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm sure he's a hard worker or Kobe wouldn't trust him.

But all of that work really hasn't produced on the court. I've been one of his few supporters but we need some production from him this season.

I agree, which is why I said he deserves most of the criticism he gets here. My point was maybe he should get a little credit for being dedicated to getting back out there after suffering an injury (albeit a very ludacris one lol). Maybe Mike Brown's retelling of Blake's work ethic will help fans to be a bit fairer to the guy, because I did say "most" and not "all" the criticism he gets.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:We'll see Meeks against G.S. for sure... Kobe might not play with that sore foot

I read about this today, didn't really get it.. Why is his foot sore? No one mentioned any incidents or stuff like that, is it just a product of fatigue or physicall stress? They were downplaying it though, I'm sure he's fine, I'm just curious. I mean, I get a "sore foot" sometimes (when I play a lot of ball and especially if I'm not wearing orthotics -I have a somewhat flat left foot lol-), but I'm not an elite athlete with great health and a body used to rigurous work sessions..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 am

I just hope its not the plantar fasciitis returning
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kenzo on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:30 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:We'll see Meeks against G.S. for sure... Kobe might not play with that sore foot

He changes his shoes too often. "fresh" shoes SUCK :man9:
kenzo

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:43 am

:man10: :man10: @ KeepFlipFlopping claiming nthydro was being racist (which he wasn't), and then goes on and says "all blacks = African Americans". That's more ignorant/racist than anything anyone said in the last couple pages. Just hilarious :man10:.
v1n5anity

Postby nthydro on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:24 am

V1n5anity wrote::man10: :man10: @ KeepFlipFlopping claiming nthydro was being racist (which he wasn't), and then goes on and says "all blacks = African Americans". That's more ignorant/racist than anything anyone said in the last couple pages. Just hilarious :man10:.

LOL @ KeepFlipFlopping :man10:

Since NBA just implemented a new flopping rule. ClubLakers should add a no flip flopping rule. First offense is a warning. Second one is a 1 week suspension. Third one and you have to complete 100 posts at ClubClippers.com masquerading as a CLIPPERS FAN. Yeah, that'll teach them.

Oh and they gotta use this avatar pic:

nthydro

Postby davriver290 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 pm

was rewatching the replays. Blake is actually pretty fast, don't know why he can't drive in and finish.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 pm

I know some (maybe a lot of you) can't watch the games, but please trust me when I say Blake looked pretty good. The boxscore doesn't tell the whole story. He wasn't great by any stretch, but he was comfortable and taking pretty good shots for pretty good looks.

He looked improved.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby davriver290 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 pm

therealdeal wrote:I know some (maybe a lot of you) can't watch the games, but please trust me when I say Blake looked pretty good. The boxscore doesn't tell the whole story. He wasn't great by any stretch, but he was comfortable and taking pretty good shots for pretty good looks.

He looked improved.

Yeah and its first preseason game. I look forward to seeing him in full form once the actual season starts.
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
davriver290

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:49 pm

davriver290 wrote:was rewatching the replays. Blake is actually pretty fast, don't know why he can't drive in and finish.

Before he was a Laker he use to drive in. I remember when he was on Portland he would always drive in and kick it out for an open look. Don't really know what happened to him.
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 pm

For sure. He's not going to be amazing, but he might be enough for Nash to get the rest he needs.

He definitely looked better than Duhon, that's for sure.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

therealdeal wrote:For sure. He's not going to be amazing, but he might be enough for Nash to get the rest he needs.

Way better than Duhon, and that's really saying something. Duhon doesn't seem to bring anything to the game when he's playing, it's almost as if he's non existent when he's on the floor.
XXIV

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:09 pm

XXIV wrote:
therealdeal wrote:For sure. He's not going to be amazing, but he might be enough for Nash to get the rest he needs.

Way better than Duhon, and that's really saying something. Duhon doesn't seem to bring anything to the game when he's playing, it's almost as if he's non existent when he's on the floor.

He looked like Blake from last season. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:10 pm

XXIV wrote:

Way better than Duhon, and that's really saying something.

Duhon is one of the worst point guards in the game, so that's not really saying anything :man10:
Frank Dux

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:40 pm

nthydro wrote:
V1n5anity wrote::man10: :man10: @ KeepFlipFlopping claiming nthydro was being racist (which he wasn't), and then goes on and says "all blacks = African Americans". That's more ignorant/racist than anything anyone said in the last couple pages. Just hilarious :man10:.

Since NBA just implemented a new flopping rule. ClubLakers should add a no flip flopping rule. First offense is a warning. Second one is a 1 week suspension. Third one and you have to complete 100 posts at ClubClippers.com masquerading as a CLIPPERS FAN. Yeah, that'll teach them.

That picture is funny considering this is the Steve Blake thread. When I saw it I first thought it was a joke about something he should invest in, you know, could have prevented his silly injury.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:51 pm

nthydro wrote:

Both of y'all [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] can go to hell.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:53 pm

therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:54 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:56 pm

therealdeal wrote:Image

You think it's funny really?
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

I don't think the situation is funny, but that picture was funny as hell. It really did escalate out of nowhere and Anchorman is one of my all time favorite movies.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:07 pm

The situation? Maybe not, but the fact that it went from totally calm to cursing at guys, yes. That was hilarious.

You got to learn to chill out my friend.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 pm

I'll second that, you can't tell people here to "go to hell", you can't personally attack posters. If you feel you're being baited, harassed, attacked yourself, report it so it can be dealt with bit you're better off not responding to it, especially like that because then you're also at fault.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:36 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Um I did.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:57 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:

Um I did.

+1
GoldHammish

Postby nthydro on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
nthydro wrote:

Both of y'all [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] can go to hell.

The funny thing is I posted that back on Saturday. If you're going to verbal attack me at least do so in a prompt manner.

The whole thing started with you accusing me of making a racial comment. Stop shaking the tree.
nthydro

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion