Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:13 pm

I don't get people who constantly get mocked on and still come back every day to get more ... is it a kind of disease ?
wcsoldier81

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:23 pm

Nah.... Texas Lakers Fan is cool and contributes here :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby nthydro on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:21 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Nah.... Texas Lakers Fan is cool and contributes here :jam2:

I'm waiting for you to say your account has been hacked
nthydro

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 am

You guys ought to back off of him.

He came in here and started out brash and developed that reputation, but that doesn't mean he can't develop into a good poster. He's made some very solid posts here the last few weeks and he deserves a chance to be treated with respect.

Now back on topic please.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:30 am

Doesn't look like Blake improved at all from last season. He's still running around and passing up shots.
nthydro

Postby ben_ready on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 am

I'm a say it again with what we currently have at the back up point, Morris is the best option. People say he can't play in the league yet blake has been in the league awhile and he's terrible
He has to know about some random Hooker mike brown put to rest. Yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby KB24 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:00 am

nthydro wrote:Doesn't look like Blake improved at all from last season. He's still running around and passing up shots.

at 32 or 33 or whatever his age is...you aren't going to improve...it will rather get more ugly.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:42 am

KB24 wrote:
nthydro wrote:Doesn't look like Blake improved at all from last season. He's still running around and passing up shots.

at 32 or 33 or whatever his age is...you aren't going to improve...it will rather get more ugly.

I guess improve is not the word I'm thinking of. I was hoping the last few seasons were an aberration and he would regain his pre-Laker form, but that's obviously not going to happen.

Our backup PG situation is concerning to say the least. Nash is 39, no way he should play heavy minutes. I wonder if Meeks could play PG lol.
nthydro

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:19 am

15 minutes, 0 points, 3 TO's...........sounds about right.

Might as well just roll with........Meeks / CDR / Ebanks / Jamison / Hill....... :man9:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:26 am

Doc Brown wrote:15 minutes, 0 points, 3 TO's...........sounds about right.

Might as well just roll with........Meeks / CDR / Ebanks / Jamison / Hill....... :man9:

Can't be any worse lol.

Blake needs to stop having the ball in his hand so much and just be relegated to spot up 3s.
nthydro

Postby kray28 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:30 am

I've been on Blake's side for a long time and always tried to focus on the positive with him. He's had strong stretches for this team in the past. Or maybe it seemed that way because it was compared to Fish.

In any case, he is not effective right now. I can't if it's him or the offense, but he doesn't do anything with the ball other than hold it and play hot potato with it for large parts of the shot clock.

It's a stark contrast to what happens when Nash is in there.
kray28

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 am

Are you guys watching the same Blake as I am? Or are you just basing it off of his stat line?

He definitely has improved from last season. He didn't score any points, but he only took a few shots. He moved the ball well, but guys weren't making shots, what are you going to do? He set up Ebanks a couple times and he hit Pau with some nice passes. They just didn't make them.

He's clearly the 2nd best PG on this roster and he's going to do just fine this season.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 am

I'm basing it off of seeing him trying to throw bounce passes in traffic to 7 footers for TO's. You learn that in 5th grade.

3 TO's in 15 minutes is horrible. For a guy that has the role of passing to and setting people up, that's not going to cut it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:42 am

His inability to take shots off the dribble when he has space in the paint is annoying ... all he does is jump and look to pass which often results in a TO ...

Overall , we will be more and more tired with Blake because of the difference in the level of play between the two Steve
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:54 am

Doc Brown wrote:I'm basing it off of seeing him trying to throw bounce passes in traffic to 7 footers for TO's. You learn that in 5th grade.

3 TO's in 15 minutes is horrible. For a guy that has the role of passing to and setting people up, that's not going to cut it.

He's also running the offense through the Princeton effectively and moving the ball just fine. He made some bad passes, but that's what the pre-season is about. He's not great, we already knew that. But if he can come in and do what he's done the first two games, I'm going to be satisified. Especially knowing he's the best option right now.

Did you see him setting up Pau for a score? Or Ebanks? He's playing defense effectively as well. I'm not going to worry about a couple of bad passes right now because no one is on the same page. Heck Pau missed a dunk AND a couple of Nash's passes went right through his hands because he's not ready for them.

They need time to gel and since Blake isn't great, he's going to need time as well. It doesn't help that no one on our bench can make shots right now.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:11 am

i won't condemn anyone truly until the actual season starts.

except our bench fodder...and maybe mike brown. :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:41 pm

hes doing well so far. during the portland game he was actually getting into the paint a bit and was passing out of it to guys who missed the shots or fumbled the ball.

i think he'll be fine running the 2nd unit with jamison but i think sometimes he needs to just shoot the ball. he'll pass on open shots and also he'll get in the lane and try to pass in traffic instead of just laying it up or at least shoot it and get fouled.

hes gotta find a balance between setting people up and shooting bc he puts it all into passing even when he has a open look on the arc or in the lane/paint.
Ariza3

Postby nthydro on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 pm

ben_ready wrote:I'm a say it again with what we currently have at the back up point, Morris is the best option. People say he can't play in the league yet blake has been in the league awhile and he's terrible
He has to know about some random Hooker mike brown put to rest. Yell™

I'm a ask u again, what does yell™ mean??

Even Google doesn't know!!
nthydro

Postby kobeslaker on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 am

It's not feasible for the Lakers to bring back Fisher now, with a payroll approaching $100 million, but sources with knowledge of their thinking say that the team has made it clear to the rest of the league that Chris Duhon and/or Steve Blake are available via trade to any interested party willing to absorb their respective contracts. ESPN.com

look like they are going to trade Blake for space
kobeslaker

Postby GT-R on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:16 am

kobeslaker wrote:
It's not feasible for the Lakers to bring back Fisher now, with a payroll approaching $100 million, but sources with knowledge of their thinking say that the team has made it clear to the rest of the league that Chris Duhon and/or Steve Blake are available via trade to any interested party willing to absorb their respective contracts. ESPN.com

look like they are going to trade Blake for space

The problem is Blake has another year on his contract. You need to find a team willing to take his contract. Don't you think he would've been traded by now if there was a team willing to trade nothing for Blake? Duhon is most likely gone because he will be an expiring contract after this season and next season is not guaranteed. The Lakers want to free up a roster spot because they want to keep Morris and Odom.
#firemikebrown
GT-R

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Blake played pretty well tonight. His job as our backup PG is to take the ball up court, read the d and make a good pass, shoot the 3. he did all of that tonight. D on Bledsoe wasnt great but wasnt too terrible either...Bledsoe was just having one of those games.

I seriously hope Blake continues to shoot the 3 bc tonight we were down and he got us right back in the game. He can do that for us he just chooses not too everygame. He still has that pass first mentality but sometimes he just shoots and it pays off. hes gotta find that balance for what the 2nd unit needs....and they need a guy who shoots bc our offense of the bench sucks as much as our D.

hes a good 3 point shooter and just needs to do it. F everyone else who just perimeter passes. hes a feisty guy and just needs to shoot. id rather him shoot and miss a 3 than not at all and be a zero across the boards for us.
Last edited by Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm

^^^ He shot the ball well

He didn't do anything else....
Doc Brown

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 pm

I'll take Blake's side on this one, Eric Bledsoe is as good as backup PG in this league hes improving fast since he started out in 2010, Blake just got eaten up on both ends.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 pm

he did ok for tonight
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:28 pm

from what i saw he was chasing bledsoe around and was putting a ton of effort on D. he bothered him sometimes and other times bledsoe just was too quick as he is for any of our PG's and the entire leagues. hes a great young athletic and strong talent. if you work under cp3 you'll get better by the day.

Bledsoe shot 7-18 and 1-4 from 3 for 22 points in 43 mins. I'd say Blake didnt do half bad considering Nash was the other guy guarding him when Blake was on the bench.

So, if he does that, shoots the 3 well, and gets a few assists/good passes to the open guy...than he did a good job for us.we cant expect the world out of someone who isnt capable of it and never has been. he did exactly what he can/is supposed to do tonight.

he wont play 23 mins but either way with Nash or Blake, Bledsoe would have had a good game bc of all the turnovers we had as a team...not bc he shot the ball well bc he didn't. if we as a team hadnt turned the ball over so much Bledsoe's numbers would have been way less and we prob would have won as we (including blake) shot the ball well.
Last edited by Ariza3 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion