Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: 25K fine for cursing fan

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:08 pm

we should keep Duhon now that we have D'Antoni. As for Blake, i like what he's brought so far this season, but if theres a trade out there then go for it. But i think Duhon would be a better backup PG now, so Blake should be traded if we get something decent back.
Ariza3

Postby karacha on Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:16 pm

I don't see how we can get "something decent" for Blake. Yeah, we have Mitch, but still.

Maybe he can do another Fish for Hill trade. :man1:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kit on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:47 pm

Jose Calderon was on fire last game and still hot today. I can only dream :D
Kit

Postby easyguy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 pm

The offense ran better with Blake starting.
easyguy

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
No Steve Blake tonight - spoke to him briefly and he's not sure yet when he'll be back (ab strain)
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:07 pm

Blake, Duhon, same difference, both meh.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby nthydro on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Gonna be interesting to see who wins the backup PG role between Blake, Morris, and Duhon. I'm hoping Morris does since he's still young and has a chance to improve.
nthydro

Postby Delicious on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but Dantoni said he has been trying to get Blake for years. He loves his game and thinks he is a perfect fit for the offense..... Steve Blake is favoured.
Set up your Wet up
Delicious

Postby 432J on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Delicious wrote:Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but Dantoni said he has been trying to get Blake for years. He loves his game and thinks he is a perfect fit for the offense..... Steve Blake is favoured.

and i have no idea why

i'd think he'd favour duhon over blake. duhon played the best basketball of his career in NY under dan tony
432J

Postby SmoothOperator on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Get ready for Blakesanity everyone! :jam2:
You can't spell LeBlow Image without ELBOW....
SmoothOperator

Postby Weezy on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:59 pm

If that's the case we can only hope that Blake somehow flourishes in 'Antoni's offense. I'm certainly not rooting for him to fail, I'd love to see the Blake emerge that we all thought we were signing when we got him at the start of 3 seasons ago. I don't have high hopes, but I guess you never know.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kray28 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 pm

It's ironic, but I don't think D'Antoni is blowing smoke on liking Blake. His type of offense is a better fit for Blake than the Tri, the mess Brown ran last year, or the Princeton.
kray28

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 am

Blake just doesn't cut it as a Laker...he got all the chances and just nothing. I would say not just the right fit.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 am

There is really no other way to say this but....

I hope Blake stays in street clothes whether by injury or DNP-CD. Duhon/Morris have both shown they can play and play BETTER than whatever Blake brings to the table.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:47 am

Blake is expected to make a return for the visit of the Indiana Pacers on Tuesday night but a return of Nash is still not sure.
Follow @Charnley1

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2012/11/2 ... cCbUeBe.99
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby khmrP on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:55 am

biggest waste of a signing to me thus far, probably top 3 in the last 5 yrs. Disappears, underperforms, and most importantly gets some of the most random injuries I've ever seen, the kind where you're :man3: when it happens cause its hard to imagine anyone else getting that type of injury from doing so little on the floor.
khmrP

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:47 am

he seems to get a lot of chest injuries. the guy should flourish though in this system. idk if itlll be better than duhon or morris though. i like that morris is younger and has continued to improve every game...but he hasnt run the 2nd unit well. he can hide in th efirst with kobe playing pg and just plays D and runs the fast break.

so idk what blake can do differently, but he can prob run the half court better than morris. not sure about duhon vs blake though. id prob have to see as with dantoni
Ariza3

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 am

He does pass better than Morris, and can probably shoot the 3 better too (though Morris has been working on that and has been trusted by Kobe in some spots to hit the corner 3 -- but you can see that Morris is still shaky when doing so).

Blake cannot finish around the rim at all. No layups. No floaters. No drawing fouls from opposing bigs. Etc.

What Morris brings is solid D on fast guards -- something we have not had since..... :man3: :man3: :man3:

That helps keep Kobe, Gasol, and Dwight out of foul trouble, and helps so that Ron can guard the opposing team's other top wing scorer.

Duhon's D (like Meeks') is not great, but it is active and he is quicker than Blake. Thinking about guys like Parker, Westbrook, CP3, Crawford, etc. -- Nash will be torched bad enough. We will need Morris to TRY to slow them down at certain points in the game. Blake is actually worse than Nash, it seems, in defending his position.

On offense, I don't really see how Blake with "THRIVE" in MDA's system when he is not a threat to make a transition layup. To be a great passer in transition don't you have to at least have a credible threat of attacking the rim and scoring yourself? He can pull up at the elbow and hit on occassion. Then again, Morris is not a great finisher either...but I prefer the D and speed over all else.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby thisbjgz on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:51 am

I'm all for Blake under Pringles, willing to give him one last chance before I call him garbage. Thing about Blake is, while he hasn't produced to what we expected, hasn't been what we thought he would be, he at least plays his heart out to an extent given his inability to do a lot, and that alone I respect.
Last edited by thisbjgz on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thisbjgz

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:54 am

If we are talking Pick and Roll offense, and nothing else -- then yes, Blake is better than Morris, assuming Blake can start to hit outside shots with confidence and aggressiveness. But again, if his guy goes over the screen and forces Blake to get into the paint, how often will it work when Blake has no floater or finishing capabilities? Everyone will know that he is pass first when in the paint...

Popcorn ready...
tigerjeterkobe

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:06 pm

This will be interesting. Blake has underperfomed since his tenure here, obviously. Now that he's been out, I don't know how it's going to effect Morris. I would rather roll with Morris but we will see how it turns out...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Nashty Gal on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:34 pm

So... what's up with this guys tummy?
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby purp n gold on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm

SmoothOperator wrote:Get ready for Blakesanity everyone! :jam2:

After last night, I'll take Blakesanity :jam2:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm

EL SEGUNDO – Lakers guard Steve Blake was examined today by Dr. Steven Yoon and had an MRI exam.

The exam confirmed that Blake still has an abdominal strain. As a result, he will be out at least another two weeks.

Blake was originally diagnosed with the abdominal strain on November 12 and has missed the last eight games with the injury.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Steve has what Bosh did last year, kept him out from April to June until he made it back for the last games of the ECF.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion