Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Re: Steve Blake Discussion: Traded To Warriors

Postby lakeruss on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:08 am

Aw man, I really liked Steve. Oh well, I wish him the best up in GS.

Man, this season is the pits. I wish there was a fast forward button I could hit to get it over with.

I'm sorry, IMO, the NBA is not fun or watchable without the Lakers in contention.
lakeruss

Postby noobiew on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:08 am

It was understandable from the Lakers perspective, Steve Blake will net us few wins, but Lakers need to be suck enough to be at the bottom place to get a great prospect in the draft next year, can't have both I guess. :man5:

Thank for everything Blake, wishing best of luck to you and the family.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby revgen on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:42 am

Good for the Lakers and for Blake. Blake would be a better fit on a playoff team than playing for a team that isn't going anywhere.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:31 am

lakeruss wrote:
Man, this season is the pits. I wish there was a fast forward button I could hit to get it over with.

I'm sorry, IMO, the NBA is not fun or watchable without the Lakers in contention.

No apologies necessary lakeruss - I completely agree.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby bltkmt on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:56 am

lakeruss wrote: I wish there was a fast forward button I could hit to get it over with.

There is...it's called Dodger baseball!
bltkmt

Postby Juronimo on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:46 pm

lakeruss wrote:Aw man, I really liked Steve. Oh well, I wish him the best up in GS.

I feel you on this.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Kobe Bryant ✔ @kobebryant
Follow
Not cool with @SteveBlake5 being gone AT ALL One of my closest teammates and psycho competitor GS picked up gem #smartmove
1:51 PM - 20 Feb 2014
LakerFanIam

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:30 pm

imagine if pau left.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:38 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:
Follow
Not cool with @SteveBlake5 being gone AT ALL One of my closest teammates and psycho competitor GS picked up gem #smartmove

Eh, that's kind of a stupid thing to tweet, makes him look like he's mad at the front office, not a good look. Get over it Kobe, we suck and Blake wasn't helping us win any titles going forward. Look at the big picture and trust them like you just said you do during ASW, and if we can't put together a winning team before he retires it's partly on him and that 48 mil anyway. Kobe's clearly not a good GM.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Kobe is an amazing basketball player, but it's like he doesn't understand that this is not about having your buddy on the team and is about re-building instead. Or perhaps he does understand that, but is trying to be politically correct. Either way, I don't care. Blake had to go, and Pau needs to go too. So does Nash, and most likely Meeks, Kaman and Hill, in that order.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:43 pm

Weezy wrote:
LakerFanIam wrote:
Follow

Eh, that's kind of a stupid thing to tweet, makes him look like he's mad at the front office, not a good look. Get over it Kobe, we suck and Blake wasn't helping us win any titles going forward. Look at the big picture and trust them like you just said you do during ASW, and if we can't put together a winning team before he retires it's partly on him and that 48 mil anyway. Kobe's clearly not a good GM.

I wouldn't call it stupid. Kobe only looks at players he knows has the fire and the guts to go to battle with him. I think he was just showing Blake some love.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Well he could easily have shown Blake some love by tweeting something positive directly to him, rather than saying he's not cool with the move IMO. It's not a huge deal, just not a good look to me.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:50 pm

I didn't take Kobe's comments as directed against the FO, but more like a shout out to Blake out of respect as a competitor.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:57 pm

He said "not cool with" "AT ALL" in caps, to me they reads as mad or upset. How else can that be taken other this he's not happy with the move, a move the front office made? I'm not saying it IS a shot at the front office, I'm saying it will be very easy for the media to read it that way and run with it for drama if they want to, could have easily been worded a little differently. I'm not saying it's NOT a shot at the front office either though, Kobe is pretty clever with things he decides to say, almost always has a point to make. I think if he weren't injured now and maybe even uncertain about his future we'd be hearing another "do something and do it now" from him. Like I said though, it's not THAT big a deal, I just thought it was poorly worded, he could have said "good luck Blake, will miss ya bro" and it's the sentiment. That's the last I'll say of it though, I'll drop it no big deal, it's just a slow Lakers news day and I'm not in a good mood. :man10:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:18 pm

watching him play in his first game with the warriors.. i kinda miss having him on the team
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:38 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:imagine if pau left.

j/k, they're bros.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby jlkr on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:56 am

Blake always competed and never backed down. That's what Kobe liked about him. Okay so the team has a surplus of point guards if they're healthy and this move gets them down below the lux tax threshold, I get that. But the team lost one of its most competitive players.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby sister golden hair on Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:07 am

Kobe likes guys who are workers and tough. That being said, Blake has for the most part been inconsistent and often just couldn't stay on the floor. His history of injuries was not only bizarre but also he seemed to be a slow healer. Other players -- cheaper ones like Marshall -- can do what Blake does best (distribute the ball, shoot from three) at a fraction of the cost (and are far younger, too). Blake was not going to be a major player in the re-build. Frankly, the biggest mistake the FO made was in not trading Blake sooner than they did.

But then they seem to be several steps behind the competition these days.
sister golden hair

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:29 am

anyone watch the gsw/hou game last nite? Man again I know he tries hard, doesn't back down etc. but dude is TERRIBLE on defense. Same old Blake, getting taken to the rack with ease.
khmrP

Postby MadMax on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:46 am

Lakerjones wrote:
lakeruss wrote:

No apologies necessary lakeruss - I completely agree.

I second that opinion. :man5:
MadMax

Postby TIME on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:27 am

Aaaand off to NBA Discussion you go. :man6:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby laiz32 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 am

Venomenon wrote:Roll out the carpet for this guy, he is going to make our point guard rotation and our lineup in general sooo much better.

A sido un gran error prescindir de BLAKE
laiz32

Postby swagmeister on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:07 am

laiz32 wrote:
Venomenon wrote:Roll out the carpet for this guy, he is going to make our point guard rotation and our lineup in general sooo much better.

A sido un gran error prescindir de BLAKE

quizás, quizás no

:soap:
swagmeister

Postby therealdeal on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:07 am

Barnstable wrote:I didn't take Kobe's comments as directed against the FO, but more like a shout out to Blake out of respect as a competitor.

This and Ireland and Ramona (I especially respect Ramona's opinion) said the same.

It's not a shot at the FO, it's just a cry for Blake who was a good friend. Seriously who on the team supported Blake more than Kobe? Blake was one of those few guys that went to war with Kob and we all know how much he respects those kinds of players.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:10 am

Weezy wrote:He said "not cool with" "AT ALL" in caps, to me they reads as mad or upset. How else can that be taken other this he's not happy with the move, a move the front office made? I'm not saying it IS a shot at the front office, I'm saying it will be very easy for the media to read it that way and run with it for drama if they want to, could have easily been worded a little differently. I'm not saying it's NOT a shot at the front office either though, Kobe is pretty clever with things he decides to say, almost always has a point to make. I think if he weren't injured now and maybe even uncertain about his future we'd be hearing another "do something and do it now" from him. Like I said though, it's not THAT big a deal, I just thought it was poorly worded, he could have said "good luck Blake, will miss ya bro" and it's the sentiment. That's the last I'll say of it though, I'll drop it no big deal, it's just a slow Lakers news day and I'm not in a good mood. :man10:

he sure didn't have a problem 'AT ALL' when they gave him all that money...it was a FO decision, as this was
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion